List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd drop him out but it's not due to lack of love - I just think Linc provides more impact, and there's no way I'm dropping Kai. Out of remaining players who primarily play the small forward role, it's then Charlie (yeah no) or Bailey (I still have him above Cal). Simply an unfortunate squeeze, and very dependent on Linc coming back at his top form which isn't a guarantee given the year off and starting to get into that 30+ age group where the end can come suddenly.
And then we have to fit Lashcroft in somewhere (I hope)

I'd drop him out but it's not due to lack of love - I just think Linc provides more impact, and there's no way I'm dropping Kai. Out of remaining players who primarily play the small forward role, it's then Charlie (yeah no) or Bailey (I still have him above Cal). Simply an unfortunate squeeze, and very dependent on Linc coming back at his top form which isn't a guarantee given the year off and starting to get into that 30+ age group where the end can come suddenly.

Linc's accuracy and ball use has been missed. Offered more pressure than you'd think too.

Was watching the highlights of last year's prelim recently and I'd forgotten how good Linc was - possibly our best player along with Kiddy and Harris.

Fletcher would be looking over his shoulder surely. The talent is clear but he is very inconsistent. The pressure internally for spots next year is going to be insane. LAshcroft obviously comes in but likely so does Linc and if fit, definitely Coleman. Then you have the wildcards of Gardiner, Doedee and Marshall.

So let's play law of averages, you have LAshcroft, Coleman and probably Linc to come in and let's say 1 other. Who leaves? Essentially, three of the current team are getting pushed out - who are they? What if Sharp upskills after the preseason too? He has already jumped ahead of Dev and Tunstill. Reville as well is a likely in on the back of a big preseason. Then you've got Brain.

I would imagine Fletcher is one of the most under pressure. Who are the next four under most pressure? Answerth and Ah Chee rightly or wrongly are probably the next two, along with McKenna.

In any case, absolute minimal disruption wise, LAshcroft and Coleman are in at a minimum.

So let's play law of averages, you have LAshcroft, Coleman and probably Linc to come in and let's say 1 other. Who leaves? Essentially, three of the current team are getting pushed out - who are they?
Answerth :arrowright: Levi
McKenna :arrowright: Coleman
Lester :arrowright: Doedee
Either Fletcher or Ah Chee :arrowright: Linc

And whichever one of Fletcher or Ah Chee isn't dropped becomes the sub. Linc probably won't be ready to start the season though, so maybe both Fletcher and Ah Chee start. Or maybe Bruce or Sharp elevate themselves over one of the two.

I agree Fletcher has to step up to keep his spot next season. On form, Sharp probably deserves a spot in the 22 over him right now, but the coaches have prioritised continuity. They know more than I do though.

Also worth noting that not just is Ah Chee playing the forward/wing role and often the tagging job on the rebounding backman, he is now the guy we send back late in quarters. He is the one guy who sacrifices his game most often to do the team jobs. I think that is often well under rated by fans who only look at possession and goal tallies before saying someone should be dropped.

You cant have every player wanting to be the superstar on the end of the scoring chain.

B Doedee Andrews Starcevich
HB Zorko Payne Coleman
W Berry WAshcroft McCluggage
HF Rayner Hipwood Lohmann
F Morris Daniher Cameron
R McInerney Neale Dunkley
I Wilmot LAshcroft McCarthy Bailey

5th spot on the bench or sub goes to Ah Chee, Fletcher or Reville.

Ah Chee/Fletcher/Reville, Smith, Lester, Gardiner, Sharp, Answerth, McKenna, Brain, McLachlan terrific depth.

That’s a bloody good team. Not a single weakness on any line really. Even the bench is stacked. We may add Rosas as another depth option as well.

If it is changed to 5 on the bench maybe we go another tall e.g. Smith over another wing/flank in Ah Chee, Fletcher or Bruce.

Don’t be surprised if Fletcher & Reville are better players next year with another pre season though. In the case of Fletcher, quite common for a second year player to struggle a little bit. The fact he’s played so many games in his first couple of seasons highlights his talent & ability. It wasn’t until their third seasons that guys like Bailey & Starcevich properly hit their straps and Wilmot & Kai have gone to another level this year in their third seasons.

I wouldn't worry too much, it's only been 4 months since the injury. One of the most professional guys out there and re-signed already for next year and I reckon he will be good to go early next season.

Re watched last years prelim final over the weekend and while Kai has done a good job that game showed what we are missing with Linc out.

Absolute gun who should come straight back into the team.

For better or worse, once the injured lads start coming back in, it'll probably be Ah Chee who becomes the sub. Good problem to have.

I'd be confident in Linc playing similarly as long as Zorko. Being out for most of the start of his career probably gives him more time in his 30's.

Fletcher would be looking over his shoulder surely. The talent is clear but he is very inconsistent. The pressure internally for spots next year is going to be insane. LAshcroft obviously comes in but likely so does Linc and if fit, definitely Coleman. Then you have the wildcards of Gardiner, Doedee and Marshall.

So let's play law of averages, you have LAshcroft, Coleman and probably Linc to come in and let's say 1 other. Who leaves? Essentially, three of the current team are getting pushed out - who are they? What if Sharp upskills after the preseason too? He has already jumped ahead of Dev and Tunstill. Reville as well is a likely in on the back of a big preseason. Then you've got Brain.

I would imagine Fletcher is one of the most under pressure. Who are the next four under most pressure? Answerth and Ah Chee rightly or wrongly are probably the next two, along with McKenna.

In any case, absolute minimal disruption wise, LAshcroft and Coleman are in at a minimum.

Isn't Fletcher playing exclusively wing? I don't think he's playing to his potential right now but it's also hard to really say much about anyone playing wing with confidence. It's a hard position to really judge from outside of a club unless you're at the game and regularly take your eyes off the ball and see who both or wings are matched up on/restricting them being an option in attack or support in stoppages.

I imagine with so many coming back off ACL's it won't be a problem for the 1st half of the season but best 23 into the back end of next year is going to have quality missing out on games. If we have a healthy list next year then we are likely to see Ah Chee, Fletcher and McKenna have extended runs in the reserves which seems strange.

Isn't Fletcher playing exclusively wing? I don't think he's playing to his potential right now but it's also hard to really say much about anyone playing wing with confidence. It's a hard position to really judge from outside of a club unless you're at the game and regularly take your eyes off the ball and see who both or wings are matched up on/restricting them being an option in attack or support in stoppages.

I imagine with so many coming back off ACL's it won't be a problem for the 1st half of the season but best 23 into the back end of next year is going to have quality missing out on games. If we have a healthy list next year then we are likely to see Ah Chee, Fletcher and McKenna have extended runs in the reserves which seems strange.
Fletcher can’t seem to hold a tackle lately,something that can really hurt you in finals. Maybe he is just tired after a long season,but against GWS tackling pressure is critical.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On more than one occasion Carlton had a loose winger immediately after a centre square ball up and it was Fletchers man each time. The Docherty goal was a direct result of him getting sucked into the play. I do like Fletch but he is out of form atm

Ah Chee has been a good player for us in the last few years. I can't believe he's played 95 games for us already and only 26 years old still. He is likely to continue as the reliable utility under Fagan for the next 2-3 years.

Also worth noting that not just is Ah Chee playing the forward/wing role and often the tagging job on the rebounding backman, he is now the guy we send back late in quarters. He is the one guy who sacrifices his game most often to do the team jobs. I think that is often well under rated by fans who only look at possession and goal tallies before saying someone should be dropped.

You cant have every player wanting to be the superstar on the end of the scoring chain.
Well look, I'd rather dump Bailey, who to me is the epitome of wanting to be the superstar on the end of the scoring chain. But neither the coaches nor most Lions BF posters will agree.

Well look, I'd rather dump Bailey, who to me is the epitome of wanting to be the superstar on the end of the scoring chain. But neither the coaches nor most Lions BF posters will agree.

GIF by Christmas FM

;)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back