Team Mgmt. 2024 Forward Line

Remove this Banner Ad

Stringer, Langford, plus 2 talls doesn't work.

Fwd line should be built around langford, caddy, Gresham/guelfi.

The 2 smalls plus a tall positions are up for grabs but whoever fills the roles is a much better mix.

Kako, draper, Wright, davey.

Stringer stays than we need to go small or have it so him and lamgford are not both inside f50 at the same time.
Agree.

Stringer - Langford - Caddy - Draper
At any time, only 3 are in the F50 (bench time plus Draper back up ruck).

Assuming a 5 man bench (no sub):
Tastes, Cox, Hobbs, El Hawli plus one of Stringer, Langford, Caddy or Draper.

Ok, smart ar5ery aside, don’t think it matters much and would change but would go with Bryant on bench, Draper starting in ruck (Draper then going forward for a fresh Bryant to come onto ruck).

I would argue we need another powerful marking type, even just to develop. Ive been big on Sam Lalon (fwd who could push into the midfield in the future) or an Archer Day-Wicks as a creative midsized forward.

Kako is obviously coming but Stringer may move on in the next 18 months, Langford isn't getting any younger, Jones is not the answer so planning for the future should start now.

Ideally a KPF + a mid sized marking fwd would be added if it were up to me

I would argue we need another powerful marking type, even just to develop. Ive been big on Sam Lalon (fwd who could push into the midfield in the future) or an Archer Day-Wicks as a creative midsized forward.

Kako is obviously coming but Stringer may move on in the next 18 months, Langford isn't getting any younger, Jones is not the answer so planning for the future should start now.

In terms of development Draper seems to be getting that KPF spot. He’s not that old and Cox/visenti full that as a backup for now so not sure there’s really room on the list for another. (Assuming Wright is gone or VFL majority ruck)

There does look to be room for a midsize marking forward but I wonder if due to limited opportunities if it would be better to use SSP signings or Midseason to fill that role.

Edit: if everything goes well mix for 2025 should be
HF Langford Caddy Perkins
FF resting small mid (Merrett?) Draper Gresham

Last edited:

His name is Vigo . Strong marking FF development type.😉
And before you say it. He is a forward/ruck.

So how does our round 1, 2025 forward mix look?

F. Jake Stringer - Kyle Langford - Isaac Kako

Hf. Jade Gresham - Nate Caddy - Archie Perkins

I just dont know how its going to work.. Will we change the mix up completely.. Imagine the club decides enough is enough with Jake. That could shake the club down and show we are serious

Hf - Langford Jones Durham

Ff- Kako Caddy Rosa

Not getting anything worth while for Jakie at the trade table.

Dumb to exit a 42 goal player - basically equal highest goals with Langford.
  • Considering how bad our forward deliver was
  • he can’t come back less fit (he may prove me wrong there - it is Stringer)

He’s days starting in the centre must surely be done. Forward 50 only.
1 year contracts only. Heavy on incentives.

View attachment 2091012
Who cares about the goals he kicked in 2024. We finished 11th, he’s 30 and we have far more needs including a FF, a roving small forward, a defensive small forward, a running half-back flanker, a small lockdown defender and a tall, big bodied midfielder. We don’t need Stringer.

Who cares about the goals he kicked in 2024. We finished 11th, he’s 30 and we have far more needs including a FF, a roving small forward, a defensive small forward, a running half-back flanker, a small lockdown defender and a tall, big bodied midfielder. We don’t need Stringer.
We also won't be turning over half the list in one off-season. I also want to dispense with Stringer, but it may be that he's with us for another season.

We also won't be turning over half the list in one off-season. I also want to dispense with Stringer, but it may be that he's with us for another season.
Whilst you’re correct, we could turnover 20% of the list.

If Stringer could net us Joe Richards and Jayden Nguyen we’ve potentially filled 2 gaps. Harry Armstrong and Isaac Kako with our first 2 picks fills 4 gaps in 1 draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This trade period is going to be our best and last chance to extract any value in Stringer (played all games, 42 goals, under contract). The current mix doesn't work, so a Stringer trade could be a win/win for us (picks) and him (longer contract, possibly with a challenger).

Who cares about his 2024 goals?
Probably only the people thinking about where our goals will come from in 2025…

Who cares about his 2024 goals?
Probably only the people thinking about where our goals will come from in 2025…
Someone else who would spend most of their time in the forward line? How many predicted Langford kicking 50 goals in 2023?

I’d like to see an even spread of goals from Caddy, Caldwell, Davey, Kako, Guelfi, Draper etc.

Remember when Scott said we wouldn't play injured players? Or rush injured/underdone players back in? He's a bit of a liar our Brad, does both of these things regularly.

Look at Guelfi coming back for a dead rubber against Brisbane too early and doing his hammy bringing him up to a 3rd soft tissues injury for the year. Can’t believe how stupid the club is to have let that go ahead.

The Langford meniscus one is a bit more forgivable as players play through that all the time

Look at Guelfi coming back for a dead rubber against Brisbane too early and doing his hammy bringing him up to a 3rd soft tissues injury for the year. Can’t believe how stupid the club is to have let that go ahead.

The Langford meniscus one is a bit more forgivable as players play through that all the time

But Langford couldn't play through it, he sucked most of the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Team Mgmt. 2024 Forward Line

Remove this Banner Ad

Back