Team Mgmt. 2024 Forward Line

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Rosas was officially released from his contract?
Supposedly - GCS told him he could explore his opportunities. Apparently to give him a kick up the bum. Then reiterated he was a contracted and a required player.

Players including Malcolm Rosas basically got told: ‘You come back in elite shape, or go and play with someone else’. Malcolm thought: ‘OK, I’ll go and play with someone else’. Found some suitors, then Gold Coast said: ‘No, you’re playing with us again’. It was a shot across the bows.

Perk Caddy Martin

Kako Drapes Langford

Gresh, Guelfi, Davey's Wright. I'd even look at Zach in the Half-forward area.. We need more speed and skill going into the forwards line. I would love to see them play in mould of Geelong, Hawks, GWS etc.

Supposedly - GCS told him he could explore his opportunities. Apparently to give him a kick up the bum. Then reiterated he was a contracted and a required player.

Players including Malcolm Rosas basically got told: ‘You come back in elite shape, or go and play with someone else’. Malcolm thought: ‘OK, I’ll go and play with someone else’. Found some suitors, then Gold Coast said: ‘No, you’re playing with us again’. It was a shot across the bows.

Seems pretty juvenile for a club to be doing a few weeks after extending a contract by 2 years, and also pretty harsh on a player who started playing when Zach Reid did and who's goal averages have increased year on year since debut. What a pathetic club.

Seems pretty juvenile for a club to be doing a few weeks after extending a contract by 2 years, and also pretty harsh on a player who started playing when Zach Reid did and who's goal averages have increased year on year since debut. What a pathetic club.
I don't really see it that way. I see a new coach setting standards that clearly haven't been set high enough and upheld strongly enough (geez what other club does that remind me of).

Probably overplayed their hand a little and a bit embarrassing to have their bluff called but if I was a GC fan (are there any of those?) I'd be heartened by this kind of approach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Team Mgmt. 2024 Forward Line

Remove this Banner Ad

Back