2024 Grand Final registration reminder

Remove this Banner Ad

The seats are still random which is confirmed with you sitting near friends that chose the other option.
My concern is the wording in EDIT 2. "to retain (P1) access to the Grand Final ticket" EDIT: see post 42

It is like you could possibly lose your (P1) access if you choose "no standing"
Weather that is possible or not i don't know.
Only Ticketek could tell you and they did put it up on their link to register.
Last year i was (P1- Sep. Member). Allocated (P2) tickets which is always a possibility so no beef about that.
Ended up lower level very back row just outside the 50-meter arc. Could not see either big screen.
Could only see 3/4 of goal posts at my end. Only way to know if a goal was scored most times was by the crowd reaction in front of us.
Had Pies supporters behind in the standing room seats. Surprisingly they were pretty good during the game.
Fantastic atmosphere and i did end up with Mal Michael sitting beside me. Still a great day except for the result.
However, i would have preferred a better seat seeing it was my first time in Melbourne.
I must have been sitting near you! - same priority one - September member since inception- back row with Collingwood supporters behind and tricky seeing anything at times. Others who had priority 2 had much better seats. I think it’s just lucky what seats you get in the end despite what priority you end up with. In the end happy to be there if we’re in.

When leaving the ground saw the cops arresting some Collingwood supporters and another one being sat on by cops on the ground - so that cheered me up.

Last year P2 delivered a seat in Q30. I'd happily take any P2 or P3 barcodes, trying to get some additional family and friends into the ballot. Long shot, but if anyone has any going to waste please send me a DM. Good luck everyone registering!

P1 with just two of us in the ballot last year and ended up in the bay next to the cheer squad behind the goals. Was great atmosphere, but hard to read the game, especially with the sun in our eyes.

It’s completely luck of the draw, but as I understand P1’s are offered the best (ie. more expensive) tickets first, then once all those are allocated it goes to P2.

Good to guarantee a spot at the grand final, but just because they’re more expensive, doesn’t mean they’re everyone’s preferred seats.

However was just happy to be there last year. If we make it this year, it would be my dream to sit on level 2 close to the wing, as I’ve never seen a game from there at the G.

Just had a bit of a scare (it’s all sorted now). I am priority 1, typed in my barcodes, brought me to the page where you select 1 ticket for each barcode, after selecting the 1, click next. Message comes up saying I have selected too many tickets for the given barcodes, or the ticket allocation has been exhausted.

Rang lions membership department in a panic, surprisingly quick answer. They asked if I had given out my barcodes during the season. No I hadn’t. They didn’t know but forwarded my dilemma to the AFL. They said the AFL would get back to me asap. I wasn’t too confident in that. So while I waited I tried my other ticketek account. This time it worked. Received confirmation through email and bank transaction going through successfully. RELIEF

Ballot registration complete. Now it's up to the boys to do their part. Go Lions!
Same; very seamless process.

Like last year and years before that, it did make me think though that Ticketek is making $6 per ticket off two clubs sets of supporters i.e 17,500 - 20,000 tickets x $6 x 2 clubs = somewhere in the $200-$250K mark that they keep. That's BS that refunds aren't provided if your club doesn't make it.

As we know, Ticketek don't issue refunds to the losing clubs sets of fans, but perhaps what they should be doing is saying we'll donate that money to a particular charity instead of being greedy campaigners they obviously are.

Same; very seamless process.

Like last year and years before that, it did make me think though that Ticketek is making $6 per ticket off two clubs sets of supporters i.e 17,500 - 20,000 tickets x $6 x 2 clubs = somewhere in the $200-$250K mark that they keep. That's BS that refunds aren't provided if your club doesn't make it.

As we know, Ticketek don't issue refunds to the losing clubs sets of fans, but perhaps what they should be doing is saying we'll donate that money to a particular charity instead of being greedy campaigners they obviously are.
There charity is Ticketek same with Ticketmaster.
More like $17,500 x 4 clubs = $420,000
There would be a cost to do this but $6 is a bit much you would think seeing everything is computer run these days.
The banks would charge something so that should be passed on.
Most people won't care about a refund. If they did a refund that's more bank charges even though they would be quite small

In the ballot as a P2 this year, was chaos last year getting a ticket as a non-member, thought it best to sign up this year in case we were around the mark again.

Is the consensus that, if we qualify, everyone who's in the ballot should get a ticket again? Or less certain this time around?

In the ballot as a P2 this year, was chaos last year getting a ticket as a non-member, thought it best to sign up this year in case we were around the mark again.

Is the consensus that, if we qualify, everyone who's in the ballot should get a ticket again? Or less certain this time around?
who knows! Possibly one thing in your favour is we're not playing Collingwood (or another Melbourne based club), so potentially less non-members borrowing (or buying) member barcodes from Brisbane members who aren't travelling down.

Good on you for buying a membership!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasnt there an announcement a while ago by the AFL that competing GF clubs would be granted a larger allocation of tickets than previously?
Seem to remember something along those lines.
If thats the case there should be a very good chance of all registered members getting seats.
Maybe someone can confirm?

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Wasnt there an announcement a while ago by the AFL that competing GF clubs would be granted a larger allocation of tickets than previously?
Seem to remember something along those lines.
If thats the case there should be a very good chance of all registered members getting seats.
Maybe someone can confirm?

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
Now 17,500 for each teams' members

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Grand Final registration reminder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back