2024 Grand Final registration reminder

Remove this Banner Ad

Parents were in Swans p3 no luck.

While one mate got p2 level 4 middle, another p2 standing.

High demand from Sydney.
It would be interesting to see both clubs breakup of P1 & P2
17,500 tickets for both clubs and i am assuming both did not sell more P1 (September members) than that total.

I don't know but guessing Clubs keep a certain number of those 17,500 for P2 as a reward for following the club.
A big guess here but let's say 2,000-2,500
We made the GF last year so that gave them an idea of the demand from each group including P3 who may have got tickets last year.
The club would have adjusted their breakup on those 2023 numbers for the 2024 season.

Each year our membership grows, so if people want to go to the GF in future a September membership is the way to go.
Thats if you can get one after the membership renewal come out in November.

It would be interesting to see both clubs breakup of P1 & P2
17,500 tickets for both clubs and i am assuming both did not sell more P1 (September members) than that total.

I don't know but guessing Clubs keep a certain number of those 17,500 for P2 as a reward for following the club.
A big guess here but let's say 2,000-2,500
We made the GF last year so that gave them an idea of the demand from each group including P3 who may have got tickets last year.
The club would have adjusted their breakup on those 2023 numbers for the 2024 season.

Each year our membership grows, so if people want to go to the GF in future a September membership is the way to go.
Thats if you can get one after the membership renewal come out in November.

Agreed. I think members who possibly missed out or had FOMO from last years GF may have upgraded to P1 for this year hence so many p2 missing out. Ive certainly learnt my lesson. I will be upgrading after missing out this year. Hope fully I can find a spare with flights and accommodations booked already.

Sorry to hear about your wife SRH17. Sending best wishes for a speedy recovery.

If you u do end up with tickets I would be love to purchase them from you. We are P2 and just got standing tickets. Unfortunately my partner broke his foot on Friday 😭 so unless I can find some tickets to buy we will be watching from home this year and giving up our standing tickets.

Sorry to hear about your wife SRH17. Sending best wishes for a speedy recovery.

If you u do end up with tickets I would be love to purchase them from you. We are P2 and just got standing tickets. Unfortunately my partner broke his foot on Friday 😭 so unless I can find some tickets to buy we will be watching from home this year and giving up our standing tickets.
Hi kezb sorry to hear about your partner’s foot. If you’re interested in selling your standing tickets I’d love to buy them from you. I’m after 2 tickets - one for me and the other for my 11 year old - we travelled down to Melbourne hoping to be lucky in the ballot, only to miss out. Devastated!

Heard that tickets were going for more than $1000 so beware of scammers and profiteers.

I also hope that some of newly registered Lions fans will stick around and get involved with board.
I missed out and a family friend is an AFL gold member, figured I’d ask them and they’re selling at $1500.

Absolute greed lol, I said no thanks that’s ridiculous

Ended up middle of Q1 so in the shade but don’t reckon we will be able to sit there with the missus vertigo.

Anyone up for a swap (once scanned in of course), happy to cop the sun! DM me 😎. If not might have to sell because don’t reckon she’d last
Hi Roytheloinboy can you please let me know if you’d like to sell? Travelled down to Melb on a gamble but missed out in the ballot. Keen for two tickets, allocated or standing.

I'd assume most clubs would sell most of their 17,500 as September Memberships or whatever their equivalent is. If you think about it, every one of those memberships they sell is free money. BUT you have to balance that with giving hope for people who can't afford as much on memberships and give them some hope as P2. How you manage that balance is tricky - a good club would not get too greedy. Of course there will always be some p1 who don't put in for the ballot so they go to P2 as well. Am i right in thinking last year all P2 got them and some P3, whereas this year not all P2 did and therefore no P3? This is just part of being a bigger club.

I do think the AFL has made a bit of a rod for its own back with the AFL Membership / medallion access.

Members of competing clubs get 35k
MCC get 22,500 - that ain't changing. Nothing the AFL can do about that.
AFL members PLUS medallion members (stadium owned by AFL) get 19k. 15.5k are the afl members. This was a category created by the AFL as another cash cow in the year 2000. It's now a behemoth with a waiting list for Gold nearly as long as the MCC. It's like gambling revenue for Victoria - once it's there it's very had to turn off.

Could they trim the 7k for 'afl contractual obligations' - good luck when they need to keep getting more money for broadcast rights.
7.5k for corporate sales functions? That's a lot of tickets for fat cats!
5k for afl clubs - i do wonder if these will go one day. this is just another way for an afl club NOT competing to make money. surely all clubs would be happy to do away with these and increase allocation to 20k, the clubs could still make money by having more september members, and more fans would get in via their clubs

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Grand Final registration reminder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back