2024 Grand Final registration reminder

Remove this Banner Ad

Fortunately we did x 4 sometime around lunchtime on Monday. Overall, pretty disappointed with the seats being a P1, not sure how row O is classified as “front” and being behind the goals when reports of P2’s getting wing in rows A - F or on level 2 on FB.

At least we’re going and not on level 1 so I’m told I should be grateful but being at the end where the sun will be in our faces I’m overall pretty dirty at the shitshow this whole system is.

You read about people wanting to be here or there, so why doesn’t the system allow people to at least nominate a preference.

I’m actually annoyed with myself that when the AFL sent out the GF packages, I sat on it for 4-5 days and when I went to buy tickets knowing I’d be able to sell if the Lions didn’t qualify, the only packages left were the most expensive being ~$6K. There were also ~ $1.5K, ~$3K and ~$4.5K and when I went back to buy the cheapest two were sold out. All sounded amazing packages particularly the two most expensive but the cheaper ones were also very good with pre and post match dos.

The wait though for 24hrs is just shit when family and friends are getting theirs.

As a side note, anyone know or able to do a thread or post on all options available of the various Lions functions both in days leading up to and on day of the game or is it futile because they re all sold. We got tickets to the official post match function but keen to know if there are other things a available?
I've had a look at some of those packages before. To be honest, they're a total rort. Some of those lunches and breakfasts and events and whatnot you would have to pay me to go to, not the other way round. Not my kinda scene at all.

Much happier paying Dom Fay $20 to go see he and Mike Whiting hobnob with Lynchy and Andrew Wellington at the Royal Derby tomorrow 😁🍻

Not sure if anyone else this has happened to. Our money for tickets came out of our bank when checking on phone Sunday night therefore us knowing we had got tickets. The same amount has just been taken out of our account again tonight. When i got online to check our account, the Sunday payment is pending and the payment has just been taken out tonight on the actual balance amounts of our statement. Our balance is showing an amount but our available amount is alot less and it is the same amount of our tickets so they have taken one payment out and are holding ( pending ) the same amount again. Thats crap. Hope everyone understands what i am saying. Have to ring in morning so not sure if our bank problem or ticketek.
I reckon you are on their blacklist after your run in with Sportsbet or whoever earlier in the year 😂

Just kidding. Or am I?

I've had a look at some of those packages before. To be honest, they're a total rort. Some of those lunches and breakfasts and events and whatnot you would have to pay me to go to, not the other way round. Not my kinda scene at all.

Much happier paying Dom Fay $20 to go see he and Mike Whiting hobnob with Lynchy and Andrew Wellington at the Royal Derby tomorrow 😁🍻
McIvor: this is an event Dom Fay posted on X (twitter) for those that missed out on The Roar Deal event.

Any other loners out there like me, heading down on their lonesome ?
Have been meaning to say this as someone who jetsetted down solo on the Wednesday last year and now have been staying here solo in Melbourne all week since the Prelim...

It was so good last year meeting so many amazing Lions fans, including heaps from BigFooty. Roar Deal podcast, captain's run, the parade, Friday arvo beers in Fitzroy, pregame in and around Melbourne CBD, Sunday @ Brunswick Street Oval etc. Keen to do it all again this year so anyone feel free to shoot me a message if you'd like to meet up at any stage over the next few days!

Last edited:

see you there.

Totally agree, those two are genuine friends and they include us in that friendship. It makes it a lot better than other paid functions

Does anyone know how or when tickets can be transferred? I got 4 tickets in the ballot, but don't see any way to transfer them to mates.
Are your barcodes still padlocked like mine? The fine print suggests they will become available more than 48 hours before bouncedown (ie 2:30pm tomorrow) so I imagine they will become transferable at the same time as the barcodes become available.

That would be my expectation anyway.

McIvor: this is an event Dom Fay posted on X (twitter) for those that missed out on The Roar Deal event.
Awesome; might try to get along, Preston isn’t too far from the city accommodation 👍

I assume the Roar Deal do at the Royal Derby is sold out?

Awesome; might try to get along, Preston isn’t too far from the city accommodation 👍

I assume the Roar Deal do at the Royal Derby is sold out?
Yes, Roar Deal sold out very quickly… a bit of a captive audience!

Preston is easy to get to on the train or tram from the city. Train is quicker, but tram 86 takes you up High Street, arguably the coolest street in the world. 😁

Last edited:
Have been meaning to say this as someone who jetsetted down solo on the Wednesday last year and now have been staying here solo in Melbourne all week since the Prelim...

It was so good last year meeting so many amazing Lions fans, including heaps from BigFooty. Roar Deal podcast, captain's run, the parade, Friday arvo beers in Fitzroy, pregame in and around Melbourne CBD, Sunday @ Brunswick Street Oval etc. Keen to do it all again this year so anyone feel free to shoot me a message if you'd like to meet up at any stage over the next few days!
We position ourself near the stage for the parade. My daughter will have a sign " WALKING IN A LIONS WONDERLAND" so if anyone here sees it dont be scared to say hello.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you actually find out why you've been charged twice yet?
Apparently bank did not recognize merchant number. Weird cause i already had the tickets pending 2 days before. My bank said it normally takes 5-10 days to get it recuperated back into account but strangely enough it was back in our account 1 minute later. pretty obvious who was at error then. :D

Apparently bank did not recognize merchant number. Weird cause i already had the tickets pending 2 days before. My bank said it normally takes 5-10 days to get it recuperated back into account but strangely enough it was back in our account 1 minute later. pretty obvious who was at error then. :D
Well done. I work for a small financial services firm which trades with big multi-national banks and stockbrokers on a daily basis. It's amazing how often stuff-ups happen and it's only when you poke them, and follow up repeatedly, that they actually acknowledge and rectify it.

In a small business "a" person usually has to own it, but in a huge company they get to hide behind the smoke and mirrors of a "technical/system issue" 🤢

Carlton supporter who embarrassingly purchased a corporate hospitality grand final ticket mid-year.

Waiting for the ticket to be sent after the barcode issue.

Already in possession of the entry card, lanyard and wristband for the Grand Final Village post match function.

Selling the ticket and post match function entry together as it was purchased as a package

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Grand Final registration reminder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back