Game Day 2024 Grand Final - Sydney Swans v Brisbane Lions

Who wins?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Unlike what’s become the norm in recent years, Brisbane won with a precise/controlled kick mark game rather than the chaotic contested ground ball game of Collingwood and Richmond

Hawthorn are also starting to emerge with a more precise kicking game

Are we about to see another shift in game style?

Need to prioritise ball users in the draft

Unlike what’s become the norm in recent years, Brisbane won with a precise/controlled kick mark game rather than the chaotic contested ground ball game of Collingwood and Richmond

Nah Sydney just shat the bed. Made the kick mark game look more prominent than it needed to be.

'

Keys we have been needing to do that for the past five drafts, but its hasn't seemed a priority.

Footskills and leg speed, they are our two achilles heals.

Under O'Briens reign they were not seen as a priority, he valued big tanks ( By God he did love his middle distance runners like Luke Foley - Brayden Ainsworth ) and being good overhead as his two main priorities.

Now don't get me wrong both of which are valuable attributes, but not at the exclusion of footskills and pace.

Hopefully with a new Coach, with a more contemporary game plan, he can request we prioritise footskills and leg speed :praying:

Nah Sydney just shat the bed. Made the kick mark game look more prominent than it needed to be.
This, you cannot let your oppo team run amuck and take 150+ marks, the vast majority uncontested.
That's lack of intent/work rate from the swans

Frontrunners

Home and away heeney over rated by so much .come finals he is crap 4 gfs 4 crap performances

Heeney had an outstanding finals series

Until today of course

Means nothing he consistently chokes comes grand finals

if you want to be a champion got to do it on the big stage

nobody remembers finals leading up to the big one..its what you do in the gf which defines you in this game
I think saying Heeney choked is unfair. Dunkley simply played a magnificent game on him. Didn't help that the rest of the midfield was fairly shafted as well.

I think saying Heeney choked is unfair. Dunkley simply played a magnificent game on him. Didn't help that the rest of the midfield was fairly shafted as well.

Apparently he played through the finals series with a stress fracture in his foot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps but you had Neale with a dodgy ankle ...rack it up all day

You had a 20 year old dance weave keep his feet wins the normie

You have Heeney who we have been told is the best player in the afl...well thats debatable but come grand finals it's simple ....he chokes evidence is there for me

Lets get Warner out of there and get him with Harley ;)

Brisbane mauled Sydney at the coalface then got them on the outside. The more footy changes, the more it stays the same.

It was shocking watching Longmire persist with midfield match ups that were clearly, being belted in the second quarter.

So many of the blokes who didn't get a vote played outstanding games: Dunkley, Starcevich, Andrews, Berry, Wilmot. Shut the Swans right out of it.
Starcevich erasing Papley was terrific viewing. In today's fantasy sports age, the art of defending can be beautiful.

Am I right in saying Lachie Neale is the first Fremantle player to have gone on to win a flag?

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Grand Final - Sydney Swans v Brisbane Lions

Back