AFL 2024 Grand Final - Sydney vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

If mcdonald doesn't get up i don't think Sydney have a billy frampton waiting in the wings to play on Andrews. $51 on sportsbet for N.S

For anyone that wants some stats for this weekends Norm Smith… the following are the number of best on grounds each player got during the year. First column Brownlow / second column AFL coaches votes.

$NA McInerney - 0 / 1

$81 Armartey - 1 / 1

$21 Rayner - 0 / 1

$67 Rowbottom - 0 / 1

$21 Blakey - 0 / 3

$26 Grundy - 0 / 2

$13 McCluggage - 1 / 2

$26 Papley - 1 / 0

$26 Daniher - 2 / 1

$26 Dunkley - 2 / 1

$13 Zorko - 2 / 1

$8 Warner - 4 / 4

$9 Gulden - 4 / 3

$7 Neale - 6 / 8

$5 Heeney - 7 / 9

My thoughts are that Sydney’s late season form slump was a heavy training session period. They looked exhausted - e.g. against Port. No legs. So I think I go back to them being the best team all year and by some margin. They kick goals at a rapid pace and can put teams away even if they don’t play 4 quarters.

Brisbane have a stacked playing list especially when the likes of Ashcroft, Lohmann, Lester, Answerth & Ah Chee are in super form and are (at this stage of their careers) 2nd & 3rd tier players. So they could surprise. But I think ultimately Geelong got beaten by Brisbane when Brisbane forced 1 on 1s with stupidly fast ball movement - exposing a lot of system players Geelong have. Sydney will still have the 1 on 1 players to combat that.

It’s a grand final so you can always be wrong easily but I’m happy with my process here.

Sydney -24.5 $3.30
-35.5 $5
-58.5 $14

Heeney NS $5
Warner NS $8
Jordon NS $101 (kicks 2-3 tagging Zorko and he could get it)

Hayward, Heeney & Papley 2-4 goals closer to the day

Swans -4.5 for me
Brisbane forward so selfish and inaccurate, not really taggers and I'll back Sydney class

Blakey/Gulden NS
Papley/Lohman FGS

Will have a few SGM on the day

If any of you were smart you'd fade everything I post. Not sure I've won a GF bet since WCE/Hawks (Boyd should have won NS in the meantime though! Robbed)

Swans -4.5 for me
Brisbane forward so selfish and inaccurate, not really taggers and I'll back Sydney class

Blakey/Gulden NS
Papley/Lohman FGS

Will have a few SGM on the day

If any of you were smart you'd fade everything I post. Not sure I've won a GF bet since WCE/Hawks (Boyd should have won NS in the meantime though! Robbed)

5000u BRISBANE

I keep thinking sydney by how much? But then again I can't see Brisbane being overawed by the moment because of last year, and they now can play the G well.
Hoping for a good game but I'll nibble on Sydney 40+ at $5.80

Brisbane should be well prepared having just played a similar match at the same ground last week.

Swans not played there for months, start games slow while Brisbane have won 22 first quarters.

1st quarter Lions seems good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2024 Grand Final - Sydney vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Back