Injury 2024 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

PCL 6 months 📬
Sarcastic Emma Stone GIF

You can put a line through Mcdonald but I’ve liked what I seen of Draper since he came in. Massive test for him this week. Showed some poise against the crows. A lot of Johnson about him.
Draper will be in the team for years to come, does hurt to not have McDonald's veteran experience though.

Do we now put a SSP onto LTI to get a MYDP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kuek already on the LTI, so we have one MSD pick

If we want a defender then we could and grab Blight but then we are kind of just picking an untried Blight over a possible Davies, so don't think we will do it.

Ethan Phillips was the other untried one available but he got picked by the Hawks, not sure if there are many ready to go KPD's in the lower leagues now, teams have had shortages of them recently so most of the VFL ones have been picked up.

This was always the risk with Oscar as a backup, bloke has been injury prone his whole career, ofc its an unlucky injury but the reason he wasn't on a list was due to injuries tbh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kuek already on the LTI, so we have one MSD pick

If we want a defender then we could and grab Blight but then we are kind of just picking an untried Blight over a possible Davies, so don't think we will do it.

Ethan Phillips was the other untried one available but he got picked by the Hawks, not sure if there are many ready to go KPD's in the lower leagues now, teams have had shortages of them recently so most of the VFL ones have been picked up.

This was always the risk with Oscar as a backup, bloke has been injury prone his whole career, ofc its an unlucky injury but the reason he wasn't on a list was due to injuries tbh
PLC typically 6 months before back doing sports. The issue is the complication of the structure and multiple ligaments in that region. Also 6 weeks in a knee brace in full immobilisation.

The good news he will be ready for full pre-season. Real shame for McDonald as he really needs to make a real go of this third chance. Handy depth for next year but that was the point of adding him for this year.

Anyway the opportunity has opened the door for Draper. What I’ve seen from Davies in the pre-season and WAFL round 1 is that he is ready to go as well.

Heath Chapman back in a month or so and then Cox in around 12 weeks.

We won’t add McDonald to LTI until after surgery and that initial 6 weeks of immobilisation. Very small glimmer of hope that if the damage isn’t as bad as first expected and heals well he could make a very late season comeback. Very unlikely given the approach they have taken with Kuek and Corbett.

I was of the opinion that Blight would be handy but watching Davies makes me think that we have some adequate cover and that is before Chapman is back.

With the MSD we will definitely take a selection but I doubt unless there are further injuries we go a second. History shows after the first 8 selections the talent pool is rubbish. Last year we had four players in the mix we got the third of those in Stanley. In 2021 Walls didn’t like anyone outside the first couple and we were travelling ok on the ladder at that point (2021) so didn’t bother.

Kuek was a development /project pick at 15 or whatever. Looking at that 2022 MSD not a lot has come from it really.

PLC typically 6 months before back doing sports. The issue is the complication of the structure and multiple ligaments in that region. Also 6 weeks in a knee brace in full immobilisation.

The good news he will be ready for full pre-season. Real shame for McDonald as he really needs to make a real go of this third chance. Handy depth for next year but that was the point of adding him for this year.

Anyway the opportunity has opened the door for Draper. What I’ve seen from Davies in the pre-season and WAFL round 1 is that he is ready to go as well.

Heath Chapman back in a month or so and then Cox in around 12 weeks.

We won’t add McDonald to LTI until after surgery and that initial 6 weeks of immobilisation. Very small glimmer of hope that if the damage isn’t as bad as first expected and heals well he could make a very late season comeback. Very unlikely given the approach they have taken with Kuek and Corbett.

I was of the opinion that Blight would be handy but watching Davies makes me think that we have some adequate cover and that is before Chapman is back.

With the MSD we will definitely take a selection but I doubt unless there are further injuries we go a second. History shows after the first 8 selections the talent pool is rubbish. Last year we had four players in the mix we got the third of those in Stanley. In 2021 Walls didn’t like anyone outside the first couple and we were travelling ok on the ladder at that point (2021) so didn’t bother.

Kuek was a development /project pick at 15 or whatever. Looking at that 2022 MSD not a lot has come from it really.
Assuming Chapman stays fit and we have Davies in the wings I can't see us making a KPD mid season pick.

Ryan, and to lesser extent Hughes, can roll onto to taller opponents if they have to.
Draper has shown promise, then we have Chapman and/or Davies to put into the mix.

If we lost Pearce for a long time we'd also have the option of rolling Treacy or Jackson back or bringing in Murphy if we really had to.
While very poor options, not sure they're going to be worse than an MSD pick.

Assuming Chapman stays fit and we have Davies in the wings I can't see us making a KPD mid season pick.

Ryan, and to lesser extent Hughes, can roll onto to taller opponents if they have to.
Draper has shown promise, then we have Chapman and/or Davies to put into the mix.

If we lost Pearce for a long time we'd also have the option of rolling Treacy or Jackson back or bringing in Murphy if we really had to.
While very poor options, not sure they're going to be worse than an MSD pick.
Agreed

Best option available at our pick or pass. We did a few new things last pre-season with two SSP and one DFA. Can’t see us doing another new thing with two MSD selections. Kuek already gives us that selection.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back