Injury 2024 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So I'm guessing "new fracture" = the bone fracturing along the edge of the plate, meaning it had nothing to do with him playing too soon, but rather because they opted for a plate in the first place. I'd wondered/worried that something like this might happen, recalling that the same thing happened with Fyfe's leg.

Will they look to remove the plate and hope for fully knitted bone by finals?

(I am not a medical doctor)

Will they look to remove the plate and hope for fully knitted bone by finals?

(I am not a medical doctor)
Radial #'s generally would be around 12 weeks healing with standard POP.
There should be some decent callus formation at 6-8 weeks, but may not hold up to AFL sport.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given his history of fractures, plate every bone now.... :)
excited hugh jackman GIF by ScreenJunkies

Home Games: Allen & Waterman, Cameron, Dixon/Lord/Georgiades/Marshall
Away Games: Wright & Jones, Hogan & Riccardi

Jones plays on the wing now. Wright has been dropped. Their "tall" forwards are Langford, Caddy and Stringer (plus maybe a resting ruck). Strange setup with 200cm wingmen and 192cm KPF.

Jones plays on the wing now. Wright has been dropped. Their "tall" forwards are Langford, Caddy and Stringer (plus maybe a resting ruck). Strange setup with 200cm wingmen and 192cm KPF.
I don't mind it from their POV. They have a dearth of top end talent and seemingly an onfield leadership vacuum so they need a POD.

Home Games: Allen & Waterman, Cameron, Dixon/Lord/Georgiades/Marshall
Away Games: Wright & Jones, Hogan & Riccardi
Curnow and Mackay in a potential final is the one that scares me.

Shocking luck for AP. He has been in AA form and frankly inspirational as a leader at times this year. Who can forget that moment against Collingwood. Spine tingling stuff. I’m cutting up onions just thinking about it.

Get well soon, Skip.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury 2024 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back