Injury 2024 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Get your cooking pots out for a super batch of bone broth.

This is straight from the mooses mouth.

“I’d go to the butchers and ask for joint bones, because the cartilage around there is quite good and some marrow bones cut up.

“The method was, you had to cook them first, have the oven at 240 degrees for about an hour. Then chuck them in the slowcooker, a bit of vinegar to help break down the bones a bit more. A few veggies, a bit of garlic and some other random stuff. Cook it for 48 hours and then strain it out.

“I bought these glass mugs. The broth would turn into a jelly so you’d microwave it and drink it like a tea.”

Get your cooking pots out for a super batch of bone broth.

This is straight from the mooses mouth.

“I’d go to the butchers and ask for joint bones, because the cartilage around there is quite good and some marrow bones cut up.

“The method was, you had to cook them first, have the oven at 240 degrees for about an hour. Then chuck them in the slowcooker, a bit of vinegar to help break down the bones a bit more. A few veggies, a bit of garlic and some other random stuff. Cook it for 48 hours and then strain it out.

“I bought these glass mugs. The broth would turn into a jelly so you’d microwave it and drink it like a tea.”

God that would make your house smell like absolute shit

It was more the midfield and forward line doing their role more than defence struggling without Pearce.
Worked against Sydney, and was shown to be ineffective v Hawthorn because the midfield really struggled at times.
Surely Fremantle should smash West Coast’s and keep the pressure.
Teams like West Coast don’t rely on 1on1s but more zoning for Barass and McGovern. Would like Jl to try and do the same, allow Ryan to get off etc

Why do we need a tall defensive key when we have Draper, Davies and McDonald?
Not only that Ollie Murphy at Peel. Developing quite nicely. Out at the moment with abdominal injury but is promising tall defender.

In fact I’d say KPD is the last thing we need.

Quality small forward. Quality medium forward. Speedy winger. We always like our HBf as well which would be a reasonable addition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oscar must be a chance by finals time surely? Can't remember what the last injury update said about him.

Merriman will probably be too busy talking about Pearce, Johnson and Jackson today (might miss Jackson if it’s as minor as JL says).

Should get the most up to date amount of weeks if nothing else today. From memory he’s really pushing it to be available before the home and away season ends so we’d probably need to be quite desperate for him to play finals with zero build in the WAFL.

Carlton need to lose a key player
I’m putting the mockers on them

Oh and BTW , the footy gods hate us
Im convinced 😔
I believe DeKoning is out for the remainder of the season; Papley out for the rest of the home & away season so there are a few concerns for other clubs too.....sucks for Pearce, truly. Was in career-best form :(

I'm pretty sure even if OMac was fit for finals, they are picking Draper before him and he'd likely need at least two weeks at Peel before getting picked ahead of Davies as well.
Agree. Bit silly to risk bringing in an underdone player coming off long term injury and adding on top of that finals intensity goes up 10x

But oh what a story it would be if it worked out like Joel Hamling 2016

I will donate my forearm bone

Tribute I Volunteer GIF
Alex 'half a T-rex' Pearce

So confirmed fracture at the end of the plate for Pearce, completely unrelated to the original zone and would still have been equal risk had they held him out for another month

It’s too close to finals for them to have risked not repairing it and risking a nonunion in someone with a history of complex fracture heals, they even pushed him back a week - can tick everything off from the clubs perspective and medical

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury 2024 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back