Injury 2024 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Gawd
Call the fun police

Anyone who can tell me with a straight face that watching Emmet get run down time and time again didn’t have them yelling out “ back to the WAFL champ “ is pretty full of it

Otherwise it must have just been me and JL

I'm not sure why you are using JLs opinion to defend ur own, while simultaneously disagreeing with him bringing Emmet back in.

Regardless, being frustrated at a players mistakes should be worded differently imo. At the end of the day we are supporters. Discussing where he is going wrong and if you want him in the side or not is different to just flat out hating.

I'm not sure why you are using JLs opinion to defend ur own, while simultaneously disagreeing with him bringing Emmet back in.

Regardless, being frustrated at a players mistakes should be worded differently imo. At the end of the day we are supporters. Discussing where he is going wrong and if you want him in the side or not is different to just flat out hating.
I don’t hate him at all
In fact I was at his debut game and came away full of hope that he was an instant replacement for Schultz

But his decline and lack of awareness is incredibly frustrating
His intent and tackling is definitely something to work with though

There is that better ?
I hope it makes you more comfortable because it won’t stop me throwing shit at the tele when he somehow gets run down with an acre of space around him
That’s just me .

Imma be honest, I will absolutely lose it if we spend any capital in anyway on a tall defender. We have more youth in that position then any team in the comp
Don’t have a genuine tall negating defender.
Need a Dawson/McPharlin type. Cox nor Draper aren’t similar.

JL said tonight he will go for surgery again for another plate.

His reply to "Will he be back this year" was only if we play well enough, basically saying he would only be back for finals, who knows how deep into finals.
Does the club look at quick fix ie Tabs, Voss as defensive options?
Davies, Draper are too raw, small bodies for finals.
A shuffle for Jackson defence would be a unique idea. Even that allows Voss or Tabs as back up forwards.

Does the club look at quick fix ie Tabs, Voss as defensive options?
Davies, Draper are too raw, small bodies for finals.
A shuffle for Jackson defence would be a unique idea. Even that allows Voss or Tabs as back up forwards.
Odin Jones named at CHB for peel, he’s young but very solid and brings a physicality that neither Draper or Davies have yet, will be interested to see how he goes.

Which part exactly was the better part? Or the comforting part? You're a parody of someone who is forced to attend anger management classes against their will. But hey, maybe that's just you.
Yeh wow
Mr Physcologist casting aspersions and getting all personal again over a flippant comment that was meant to be funny

I’m definitely not an angry person and not a parody of someone you think I am either

Anyway let’s stop cluttering up this thread with bullsh*t

Apologies if I’ve offended you in some way , have a nice day Tony 😁

Last edited:
Yeh wow
Mr Physcologist casting aspersions and getting all personal again over a flippant come that was meant to be funny

I’m definitely not an angry person and not a parody of someone you think I am either

Anyway let’s stop cluttering up this thread with bullsh*t

Apologies if I’ve offended you in some way , have a nice day.
1721954526897.png

Dumb question but is Odin related to Anthony?
Sorry genuinely.

Who was Odin related to?

images

Old Norse texts portray Odin as the son of Bestla and Borr along with two brothers, Vili and Vé, and he fathered many sons, most famously the gods Thor (with Jörð) and Baldr (with Frigg)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even given this was a light hearted response I feel compelled to push the opposite. Not apologising is the sign of weakness (it's a bit of fakery, chicanery and the con man).
"I understand your response was ironic but I feel the need to post in response specifically as if it wasn't" ???

I don’t hate him at all
In fact I was at his debut game and came away full of hope that he was an instant replacement for Schultz

But his decline and lack of awareness is incredibly frustrating
His intent and tackling is definitely something to work with though

There is that better ?
I hope it makes you more comfortable because it won’t stop me throwing shit at the tele when he somehow gets run down with an acre of space around him
That’s just me .

Hahah don't get me wrong, the things I say when watching a game live or discussing it in person with friends is brutal too.

I just think when posting online we should try to be a bit less emotional when discussing what we don't like about our players, exactly how you worded it there. Reading some of the shit on Facebook etc is just disgusting. Players and players families would end up reading the shit, I have no doubt it played a part in Henry leaving for example. The things I said about Henry every time he turned the ball over to who ever I was watching the game with was savage, but I wasn't going to go and post hatred online for everyone to pile on about and have players and players families read it.

Hahah don't get me wrong, the things I say when watching a game live or discussing it in person with friends is brutal too.

I just think when posting online we should try to be a bit less emotional when discussing what we don't like about our players, exactly how you worded it there. Reading some of the shit on Facebook etc is just disgusting. Players and players families would end up reading the shit, I have no doubt it played a part in Henry leaving for example. The things I said about Henry every time he turned the ball over to who ever I was watching the game with was savage, but I wasn't going to go and post hatred online for everyone to pile on about and have players and players families read it.
I do hope the clubs train players to be wary of social media.
It's human nature to browse at 10 great comments only to focus on on the 1 negative .

I do hope the clubs train players to be wary of social media.
It's human nature to browse at 10 great comments only to focus on on the 1 negative .
It's not so much the players as their family and friends. I had one family member reach out and thank me for defending a player who was getting bagged mercilessly on here.

His comment was that living outside of WA they relied on sources like BF to get some in-depth insights into Freo, and it was upsetting to see some of the crap that was written.

If you wouldn't like to have it said to one of your family, maybe just don't post it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury 2024 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back