Injury 2024 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hahah don't get me wrong, the things I say when watching a game live or discussing it in person with friends is brutal too.

I just think when posting online we should try to be a bit less emotional when discussing what we don't like about our players, exactly how you worded it there. Reading some of the shit on Facebook etc is just disgusting. Players and players families would end up reading the shit, I have no doubt it played a part in Henry leaving for example. The things I said about Henry every time he turned the ball over to who ever I was watching the game with was savage, but I wasn't going to go and post hatred online for everyone to pile on about and have players and players families read it.
All good man

Actually Apuchar s post put it in perspective a bit for me
Had no idea players family and friends would be on here but there ya go

I actually hope Tommy Emmet chops up , he’s got the tools but damn he was frustrating to watch at times

All good man

I actually hope Tommy Emmet chops up , he’s got the tools but damn he was frustrating to watch at times
Critique the performance, not the performer.

If he can ease up on those 100mph handballs, that would be a start.

Critique the performance, not the performer.

If he can ease up on those 100mph handballs, that would be a start.
I think that’s what made it all the more frustrating
He mostly does all the right things but then just inexplicably does something incredibly dumb
If we weren’t in such a pivotal point of contention and in such dire need of a player like him it wouldn’t be so bad

He literally is the missing piece of the puzzle but just isn’t quite fitting , yet .

Some people are precious and like virtue signalling

No virtue signalling here mate, I couldn't care less how harshly worded critique are on other teams players. I just think when it comes to discussing our own players weaknesses on the internet it should be done with out insults.
All good man

Thats awsome bro. What better game to have a wrecking ball play in than the derby lol

Would love Freo to throw the kitchen sink at Dan Curtain just to see your reaction
View attachment 2059887
Curtin is a 197cm utility, I’d love to have him in our team, been kicking goals in the SANFL recently so the crows seem to have realised he’s not KPB as well. I’d happily throw ports first at them to bring him in instead of baker.

Curtin is a 197cm utility, I’d love to have him in our team, been kicking goals in the SANFL recently so the crows seem to have realised he’s not KPB as well. I’d happily throw ports first at them to bring him in instead of baker.
I'm not mad keen on Baker, but much rather him than coughing up whatever ridiculous price the Crows would ask for Curtin.

"I understand your response was ironic but I feel the need to post in response specifically as if it wasn't" ???
Ironic? Nothing in that to explicitly indicate it as so. Just a slight feeling from my exposure to your previous posts. But that non-apologising sentiment gets pushed around a lot and can be quite seductive, so I thought it'd be handy to add an asterisk. 🤙

All good man

He'll go flat out and get someone for holding the ball only to get done for a rough tackle or push in the back. That's his issue, he's a live by the sword, die by the sword type.
His energy is good, just needs to use it correctly.

He'll go flat out and get someone for holding the ball only to get done for a rough tackle or push in the back. That's his issue, he's a live by the sword, die by the sword type.
You're describing the man, the myth, the legend, the big cohuna before he figured it out and got a decent run at it. Now everyone thinks his farts smell like roses ( I always did) lol. Anyway just goes to show that it can click for some blokes in a hurry and they figure things out. Hopefully it does for Emmett, I think hes got the tools.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No virtue signalling here mate, I couldn't care less how harshly worded critique are on other teams players. I just think when it comes to discussing our own players weaknesses on the internet it should be done with out insults.

Thats awsome bro. What better game to have a wrecking ball play in than the derby lol

All good mate

You're describing the man, the myth, the legend, the big cohuna before he figured it out and got a decent run at it. Now everyone thinks his farts smell like roses ( I always did) lol. Anyway just goes to show that it can click for some blokes in a hurry and they figure things out. Hopefully it does for Emmett, I think hes got the tools.
Treacy has great skills. Emmett not so much. That's his challenge, he needs to be able to take the opportunities he creates.

Treacy has great skills. Emmett not so much. That's his challenge, he needs to be able to take the opportunities he creates.
The skills are workable with Emmett

Shoota had atrocious skills in his first 2 years

My worry is the brain is 1-2 seconds behind. He can get away with it at wafl level but not AFL.

The skills are workable with Emmett

Shoota had atrocious skills in his first 2 years

My worry is the brain is 1-2 seconds behind. He can get away with it at wafl level but not AFL.
He can improve for sure, but players never start from as far back as Emmett is and end up as good as Treacy is.

He can improve for sure, but players never start from as far back as Emmett is and end up as good as Treacy is.
Yeah to be fair I was a massive Treacy fan from day dot, you could see he was going to be good if he put it all together.
Emmett is a different type of player though. Will most likely be more of a role player at AFL level but hey you never know, some guys can turn into great players with less than perfect skills if they have an unreal work ethic, Matt Priddis sorta thing. If he works his backside off you never know how he'll turn out. Too early to tell.

I remember Dermie saying, way back in the 80s some time, that he only wanted to go in at 95% total energy. Controlled agression. Just short of full blast furnace. Emmett still goes in just that little bit hard, which is an uncommon critique to make. It can be coached.

Today list

Current Injury List​

Brought to you by​

/

PlayerInjuryEstimated Return
[PLAYERCARD]Michael Walters[/PLAYERCARD]
Michael Walters
Hamstring1 week
[PLAYERCARD]Oscar McDonald[/PLAYERCARD]
Oscar McDonald
Knee1 week
Ollie Murphy