F1 The Wash Up - Previous 2024 Race Weekends

Who's on top after the break?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sky F1 team pushing for team orders at McLaren.

Hope not, but would understand why they would.

They will and should. While Lando has a shot at the title they have to do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lando has to be odds on to win the WDC now

Nah if max can keep finishing top 5 he wont haul the lead in. He needs a couple of DNFs.
But mclaren will surely win the constructors now (which should spell the end of checo but probably wont).

As for the rest today i thought dric did well as the RB is clearly slow on this track. Albon improved too.

If the race results stay the same as qualifying, then I reckon Norris is in like Flynn for the championship. No one can complain about team orders at the expense of Piastri for the rest of the season if it occurs.

He's the Bournemouth to Verstappen's Everton.
As a 1 eyed Oscar fan ill still cry, hoping norris bottles the start down to p3-4

If the race results stay the same as qualifying, then I reckon Norris is in like Flynn for the championship. No one can complain about team orders at the expense of Piastri for the rest of the season if it occurs.

McLaren need to nail their pitstops to win even from the front row as that car is slower in the straights than the Mercs and the Ferraris. Long run pace is very even among the top teams, should be a good race

I will complain about team orders until the end of time they shouldn't exist for any team or driver.

I will complain about team orders until the end of time they shouldn't exist for any team or driver.
The manipulation would be worse if you didn't allow them.

It might be Norris' only chance to win a WC in his career and for Mclaren to do so in the near future.

On the flip side, if Mclaren is the best next season form the start, you want things to happen so that Piastri isn't undermined. That means playing the team game this year.

More important that they nail their starts for mine
Even if they nail their start you'd expect the top group will hang on to each other for a bit if the quali gaps are only 0.1 second, plus the long runs in practice had almost nothing in them to the top teams. DRS will be powerful. Whoever has track position after the pit stops will go on to win barring a safety car.

Remove this Banner Ad

F1 The Wash Up - Previous 2024 Race Weekends

Back