F1 The Wash Up - Previous 2024 Race Weekends

Who's on top after the break?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

All credit to Charles and Ferrari, they did brilliantly. Don’t think you blame McLaren or Oscar for losing the lead really. They played the percentage option and got beat by a team who were in a position to take a massive gamble.

I wonder if Russel and now Charles defying the chasers by staying out in recent races will see more teams willing to try it at tracks that allow you to gamble.
You 100% can blame mclaren they completely dropped the ball.

It was obvious within a few laps from norris boxing he didnt have the pace to catch back up and the 1 stop would win if they could get to the end and oscar had the 5.5 second buffer to cover any pit from leclerc behind. They keep him out and if they all fall off they win with norris if they dont oscar wins.

Can’t blame anyone about Oscar not winner today. Ferrari never pull off a good strategy but they managed it the one time Oscar was in the lead and looking like winning.

Aussies still feel cursed in this sport. I imagine this is what it’s like barracking for St Kilda or Freo.
Leclerc is a brilliant driver. Oscar's time is coming.

i think sometimes you cant really blame anything. ferrari went for a risky strategy and it paid off. on another day leclerc ends up in the gravel or a tyre lets go. mclaren, with where they are in the championship, 2-3 is an excellent result.

plus, it's ferrari and monza. sometimes it just happens.

Leclerc did him on tyre management the second weekend in a row. Wild that he got them to last so long; wild that McLaren are still behind in the Drivers and Constructors championship, but have become risk averse in a way that would indicate they're leading.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok so Oscar is a legitimate World Champion of the future. I think we should remember how old and his experience. Perhaps McLaren should be have Oscar as number 1 driver.

Oscar is always really hard on himself.

the Kane Cornes of F1
Cornes is intentionally a dick for clicks. Rosberg just speaks his mind and doesn't give a **** but is pretty insightful most of the time.

How long are Lando and his cult members going to sook about this. Reminds me of Novax and his cult members.
I honestly feel sick listening to sky F1 and Nico being a paid cult member.

You 100% can blame mclaren they completely dropped the ball.

It was obvious within a few laps from norris boxing he didnt have the pace to catch back up and the 1 stop would win if they could get to the end and oscar had the 5.5 second buffer to cover any pit from leclerc behind. They keep him out and if they all fall off they win with norris if they dont oscar wins.
That’s on Oscar though. They asked him about one stopping and he told them not an option. I don’t blame him either. If Charles got chased down with a couple of laps to go he didn’t lose anything and it was worth a try. If Oscar stayed out after leading the whole race and didn’t make it to the finish it would look pretty embarrassing.

Remove this Banner Ad

F1 The Wash Up - Previous 2024 Race Weekends

Back