F1 The Wash Up - Previous 2024 Race Weekends

Who's on top after the break?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

i think you overate brown’s say on race day tactics. he’s the money man. stella makes the calls.

Yes but its also culture. Zac wants a culture where everyone is equal and its a big harmonious group rather than one where ruthless calls get made. No doubt the actual calls are stella but i dont think brown encourages a risk taking culture.

I love Oscar as much as the rest of us, but if Lando made the Stroll comment would this whole board not be using that as an example of "more whinging"?

I don't think Lando is actually that bad. He's harsher on himself than anything else. And his comments about Lap 1 were fine.

Marko is also 100% correct about McLaren. They're really good at not winning races. Red Bull have had years of success so I don't think his outfit is too worried. McLaren haven't won a Constructor's since 1998.

the difference between oscar and norris is it’s uncharacteristic for oscar to do that.

as for marko, he’s pissed cos mclaren has pinched many of his technical peeps. he should mind his own ****ing business cos his outfit is on the decline. if fact they should piss the old fart off. he was front and centre with max’s interfering old man over the horner matter. causes more trouble than he’s worth.

Yes but its also culture. Zac wants a culture where everyone is equal and its a big harmonious group rather than one where ruthless calls get made. No doubt the actual calls are stella but i dont think brown encourages a risk taking culture.

your reference was about the race decisions on the day. stella is the man there.

i think you’ll find brown isn’t present at every f1 meet due to other motoring interests.

the difference between oscar and norris is it’s uncharacteristic for oscar to do that.

as for marko, he’s pissed cos mclaren has pinched many of his technical peeps. he should mind his own ****ing business cos his outfit is on the decline. if fact they should piss the old fart off. he was front and centre with max’s interfering old man over the horner matter. causes more trouble than he’s worth.
The great irony being Horner recruited Newey FROM McLaren in 2005 which helped turn Red Bull into a force

If anyone else reads the F1 sub on Reddit then I would highly advise avoiding it. It is an absolute cesspool full of Lando simps and McLaren/Oscar bashing at the moment.

Yeah let's not pretend this is an oasis of neutrality. The Lando bashing here is absurd at times. I can understand during the race it gets a bit heated, but it continues even when the trucks and trailers have long left the track.

Will Buxton on the verge of tears, but assures us it has nothing to do with nationality.
OK

I saw that video before you linked it. I'm one of the 3.5k who liked it.

I mostly agree with him, and have made similar comments itt.

The difference is that I couldn't care less if Norris wins the title. I recognise he has a chance, but I don't think McLaren are going to "throw it away." They weren't good enough at the start of the year. Williams in 91, McLaren in 05 for those who remember those seasons.

I definitely would've swapped 2nd & 3rd. It sends a message to RB that they think they're a chance and coming for them, and just increases the tension for Verstappen just a little bit.

your reference was about the race decisions on the day. stella is the man there.

i think you’ll find brown isn’t present at every f1 meet due to other motoring interests.

I understand that but the point is i dont think brown has it in him to direct stella and some of their senior team to be much more ruthless in the match day decisions.i dont think he has that in him.

If anyone else reads the F1 sub on Reddit then I would highly advise avoiding it. It is an absolute cesspool full of Lando simps and McLaren/Oscar bashing at the moment.
Autosport forums is the same. One or two Aussie posters fly the flag for Ric and Piastri but it’s most a pommy pile on for whichever Brit driver has been supposedly shafted.

I saw that video before you linked it. I'm one of the 3.5k who liked it.

I mostly agree with him, and have made similar comments itt.

The difference is that I couldn't care less if Norris wins the title. I recognise he has a chance, but I don't think McLaren are going to "throw it away." They weren't good enough at the start of the year. Williams in 91, McLaren in 05 for those who remember those seasons.

I definitely would've swapped 2nd & 3rd. It sends a message to RB that they think they're a chance and coming for them, and just increases the tension for Verstappen just a little bit.
Him claiming it has nothing to do with being biased is straight BS, he genuinely looks like he is about to cry.

He completely excuses all the mistakes Lando made because 'he was driving angry'

He says it isn't his fault in regards to Lando which is just rubbish.

He says he doesn't understand why they aren't favouring Lando... When they have been for the most part all year.

The only thing Mclaren hasn't asked Oscar to do is to completely gift positions to Lando. The melt down because of that is ridiculous. Lando wanted to make the bold claim that Lewis had it easy winning championships when he had the fastest car, here is his chance to prove it and he is bottling it.

Anyone who thinks Buxton would be having the same reaction if the roles were reversed is being really naïve.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will Buxton on the verge of tears, but assures us it has nothing to do with nationality.
OK

I agree that they should have swapped positions on the last lap. But the last 60 seconds about Lando, OK.

I agree that they should have swapped positions on the last lap. But the last 60 seconds about Lando, OK.
If Lando was in striking distance of Max with 3 GPs to go, sure. But ~70 points behind with 9 races to go? If they tell Oscar to continually sacrifice himself for Lando for 40% of the season and still fall short, they'll create a massive problem for the future as Oscar is a future world champion. If they want Lando to win the driver's championship, they need to get him to sort out his first laps when sitting in poll as well as their strategy before turning to Oscar.

If i was Oscar at this point with all the knowledge he has from himself and Webber.

I would say sure i will play the team game for Lando for the rest of the year but he (Oscar) must then be given priority for all of next year.

If i was Oscar at this point with all the knowledge he has from himself and Webber.

I would say sure i will play the team game for Lando for the rest of the year but he (Oscar) must then be given priority for all of next year.
I wouldn't hold your breath for Oscar to get priority over Lando. I can more realistically see a future where Oscar isn't at McLaren with Lando come 2026.

They'll never give Oscar priority for next year and nor should they.

The only reason they should prioritise Lando this season is that he's the only one that can get close to Verstappen.

If Lando was in striking distance of Max with 3 GPs to go, sure. But ~70 points behind with 9 races to go? If they tell Oscar to continually sacrifice himself for Lando for 40% of the season and still fall short, they'll create a massive problem for the future as Oscar is a future world champion. If they want Lando to win the driver's championship, they need to get him to sort out his first laps when sitting in poll as well as their strategy before turning to Oscar.
This is the thing that the sore-arsed Lando fans don't seem to get, there is still 8 races to go. Oscar himself is not yet out of contention. He's a touch over 100 points behind Max and if McLaren continue their current performance over Red Bull, he could potentially catch Max with a few race wins. Why on earth would they back Lando at this point?

As for Lando himself, I think he's actually taken on the criticism from Hungary. Thought he was more measured and mature in his post race response. Gave credit to Oscar and didn't whinge. Pity his fan base haven't done the same.

This is the thing that the sore-arsed Lando fans don't seem to get, there is still 8 races to go. Oscar himself is not yet out of contention. He's a touch over 100 points behind Max and if McLaren continue their current performance over Red Bull, he could potentially catch Max with a few race wins. Why on earth would they back Lando at this point?

As for Lando himself, I think he's actually taken on the criticism from Hungary. Thought he was more measured and mature in his post race response. Gave credit to Oscar and didn't whinge. Pity his fan base haven't done the same.
Because Lando is clearly the more likely to catch Max from where he is.

Oscar would have to catch both Lando and Max.

I swear if Oscar wasn't Australian, wouldn't even be questioned.

Because Lando is clearly the more likely to catch Max from where he is.

Oscar would have to catch both Lando and Max.

I swear if Oscar wasn't Australian, wouldn't even be questioned.
There's no reason Oscar couldn't catch Lando either. I repeat, there's 8 races left. Anything can happen. Lando isn't exactly that far ahead on points.

There's no reason Oscar couldn't catch Lando either. I repeat, there's 8 races left. Anything can happen. Lando isn't exactly that far ahead on points.
There are several reasons...saying there is no reason is ridiculous.

It will be difficult enough for Lando to reach him, Oscar is absolutely no chance. Just to catch Lando, he would need Lando to DNF twice while he came first. Even if Max also DNF'd in the same two races, he'd still be over 50 points behind.

For all of Lando's failings, Oscar has only come 1st once so far. He's not about to roll out 6 of the next 8 wins.

There is zero chance Oscar wins the title this year.

There are several reasons...saying there is no reason is ridiculous.

It will be difficult enough for Lando to reach him, Oscar is absolutely no chance. Just to catch Lando, he would need Lando to DNF twice while he came first. Even if Max also DNF'd in the same two races, he'd still be over 50 points behind.

For all of Lando's failings, Oscar has only come 1st once so far. He's not about to roll out 6 of the next 8 wins.

There is zero chance Oscar wins the title this year.
No, saying Oscar is "no chance" is ridiculous. In fact, I don't think you understand the logic behind saying "No reason he can't", because he absolutely can.

A lot can happen. We're talking about an entire third of the season here. He doesn't need to win 6 of 8, he needs to win 2-3 and be on the podium for the others. Granted, it requires Max and Lando to have poorer races, but with the form of Mercedes and Ferrari in the last few races, it's not impossible.

Obviously, Lando has a higher probability of catching Max at this point, but it's too early to be putting all your eggs in that basket. Especially when there has been races when Oscar simply looks the quicker of the two.

As they pleaded with Lando on the radio in Hungary, saying you can't win this without Oscar's help, this is the time to start helping IMO. It could be situation reversed next year. If it was for a race win then i agree, but swapping 2nd and third seems like a no brainer at this point. And i hate Lando!

Oscar isn't catching Max.

Mind you, Lando isn't catching Max either. Nothing in Landos driving suggests he can pull off the greatest come back of all time for the WDC. The man has won two races this season.

For all the talk of the overtake Lando was third and in DRS zone of Charles after first lap. The fact he could not overcome this hardly screams WDC.

Even if he was close Max seems the type to put Lando on the wall while being lapped to make sure that it doesn't happen.

All of this is set up for Max to win next up, Lando to crash out and somehow it all being Oscars fault for the overtake in Monza.

Remove this Banner Ad

F1 The Wash Up - Previous 2024 Race Weekends

Back