2024 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

I think if Port had stayed in bad form yes but in good form I think Port is a strong chance to topple Sydney at home and Melbourne away. Carlton proably not. Freo will be tough but very evenly contested.

One weeks bad form is another weeks hot team this year. Some good teams are going to slip.

We can disagree but what I picked wasn't outlandish though. Maybe the Dogs to beat the Blues but that was wishful thinking :)

Can’t imagine many scenarios where I’d ever support Collingwood but this is one.

I want the streak to last forever 🤣

yeah, you def have deep issues with it.

Just seems like this season is destined to go down to the wire. Still just two wins separating 5th - 13th. For those mid-table teams it's probably just going to come down to which club/s can pick up the most 8 point swing game wins against other mid-table teams:

Geelong (5) - 40 pts
v Collingwood (8)
v Bulldogs (10)
* One top 4 clash against Freo to come

Port Adelaide (6) - 40 pts
v Gold Coast (11)
v Melbourne (12)
* Three top 4 clashes against Carlton, Sydney and Freo to come

GWS (7) - 36 pts
v Gold Coast (11)
v Melbourne (12)
v Hawthorn (13)
v Brisbane (9)
v Bulldogs (10)
* One top 4 clash against Freo to come

Collingwood (8) - 36 pts
v Geelong (5)
v Hawthorn (13)
v Brisbane (9)
v Melbourne (12)
* Two top 4 clashes against Carlton and Sydney to come

Brisbane (9) - 34 pts
v Gold Coast (11)
v GWS (7)
v Collingwood (8)
* Two top 4 clashes against Sydney and Essendon to come

Bulldogs (10) - 32 pts
v Geelong (5)
v Melbourne (12)
v GWS (7)
* Two top 4 clashes against Carlton and Sydney to come

Gold Coast (11) - 32 pts
v Port Adelaide (6)
v GWS (7)
v Brisbane (9)
v Melbourne (12)
* One top 4 clash against Essendon to come

Melbourne (12) - 32 pts
v GWS (7)
v Bulldogs (10)
v Port Adelaide (6)
v Gold Coast (11)
v Collingwood (8)
* Two top 4 clashes to come against Essendon and Freo

Hawthorn (13) - 32 pts
v Collingwood (8)
v GWS (7)
* Two top 4 clashes to come against Freo and Carlton

So many 8 point games from here.

I don't have anyone catching Sydney.

I can't get Carlton out of 2nd spot, even giving us losses I don't think we will have.

But 3rd onwards is full of 8-point games.

1720342834471.png

Sydney V Carlton Grand Final still for mine.

Can't see anyone else finishing 1st or 2nd, which means both these two should avoid eachother with QF wins and go in as favourites in their respective prelims.

Purely a prediction, either or could certainly fumble a QF/PF but I think that's the most likely outcome currently.

Can't see anyone else finishing 1st or 2nd, which means both these two should avoid eachother with QF wins and go in as favourites in their respective prelims.

Purely a prediction, either or could certainly fumble a QF/PF but I think that's the most likely outcome currently.
Likewise, though I do have concerns about us finishing top two. Our margin for error just got more narrow. Think we’ll need another 5 wins minimum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see your mob beating us if we finished 2nd and u 3rd. Then Sydney and us would be on the same side of the bracket.

A lot to play out

Last edited:
Likewise, though I do have concerns about us finishing top two. Our margin for error just got more narrow. Think we’ll need another 5 wins minimum.

Carlton has the best run home of any team in the league.

Port is the only current top 8 side Carlton plays for the rest of the year, and that game is at Marvel.

Only travel once and it's against the Eagles.

Going have to play very poorly to lose any of them.

Every single side has had patches where they do their best not to be a contender .

Sydney look shocking now, Blues a bad loss, Bombers back winning, Cats suddenly in from, Lions back in form.

Maybe it's the Dockers flag to lose

I just want a win again 😂 lot to play out

Port is the only current top 8 side Carlton plays for the rest of the year, and that game is at Marvel.

Probably underestimating the Pies

Hubris from those navy blue tinted glasses of yours my friend.

Dogs, Port, Pies, Hawks, Saints - all tough games no matter how the match ups appear on paper.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back