2024 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Meowwolf GIF by PIZZA PALS PLAYZONE
I love it either way. Closer to a ken sacking

Yep, Geelong should finish second.
But ladder wise lot of weird things have happened this season so not sure.
Cats surely would be the worst top 2 team to finish a home and away in a long time? The huge chasing pack to Sydney really is poor. Lions maybe the best of them over Carlton? I don't know, it's good i guess having the ladder so close and unpredictable, but not seeing many good teams this year besides Swans.

Cats surely would be the worst top 2 team to finish a home and away in a long time? The huge chasing pack to Sydney really is poor. Lions maybe the best of them over Carlton? I don't know, it's good i guess having the ladder so close and unpredictable, but not seeing many good teams this year besides Swans.
2022 Melbourne was worse. After a hot 10-0 start they finished the season with 6 wins and 8 losses, including losing two HOME finals to interstate teams to bundle out in straight sets. And they were not even strong interstate sides (look at how easily Geelong thumped them subsequently).

2022 Melbourne was worse. After a hot 10-0 start they finished the season with 6 wins and 8 losses, including losing two HOME finals to interstate teams to bundle out in straight sets. And they were not even strong interstate sides (look at how easily Geelong thumped them subsequently).
Lol. Nah, this cats side isn't much. Very weak year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its so baffling you're a solid top 8 side at home but like bottom 4 away.

Why lol? Dimma gonna go grey
I wish I could tell you. It's a mystery that no one seems to have the answer to (including Dimma).

We're playing this weird game of one off, one on every week. Eventually something is going to give and we're either going to lose a home game or win an away game. I'm obviously hoping it's the latter and I think we've got some good chances to do it against West Coast and/or Richmond. Even Essendon don't look as convincing as they were earlier in the season so there's potentially a few that could fall our way over the next 6 weeks.

WLD%
1.Sydney1850134.2%
2.Geelong1670116.5%
3.Essendon1571103.4%
4.Carlton1580113.1%
5.Port Adelaide1580104.9%
6.GWS13100107.7%
7.Hawthorn1310099.8%
8.Brisbane Lions12101111.6%
9.Fremantle12101107.2%
10.Gold Coast12110105.3%
11.Melbourne12110101.3%
12.Western Bulldogs11120107.4%
13.Collingwood10112100.6%
14.St Kilda1013096.0%
15.Adelaide8141101.8%
16.West Coast419071.3%
17.North Melbourne419070.4%
18.Richmond419070.1%
QF1: SYDNEY v Carlton
QF2: GEELONG v Essendon
EF1: Port Adelaide v BRISBANE LIONS
EF2: GWS v HAWTHORN

SF1: Carlton v BRISBANE LIONS
SF2: Essendon v HAWTHORN

PF1: Sydney v HAWTHORN
PF2: GEELONG v Brisbane Lions

GF: HAWTHORN v Geelong
I can't see any faults in that

My top 8 according to the AFL ladder predictor:

Sydney
Carlton
Geelong
Brisbane
Fremantle
Essendon
GWS
Bulldogs

No surprises there. I also now have a Sydney Brisbane GF instead of a Sydney Carlton GF. I think GWS will again get to a preliminary and be bundled out by the Swans.

Not so sure.

We will lose to Fremantle in WA.

St Kilda at Marvel is a banana peel (look at our game there last year, they just beat Sydney there, almost did it to Port etc).

Bulldogs don't have their GMHBA hoodoo anymore and just beat the team in 2nd; Cats have already lost a couple at home this year.

The rest we should win.

Top 2 requires at least a 5/6, or even a 6/6 run.

Then if we do finish top 2, it would very likely only mean we "host" Carlton at the G rather than they host us there. So it wouldn't even mean anything.
Not true. You’ll get the high ground on your (Geelong’s) customary finals sook over the colour of your shorts.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back