List Mgmt. 2024 List Management šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hit rate currently 0. Iā€™m excited šŸ˜„

One personal observation with these types of smaller forwards, is that when they change clubs you seem to get an initial one or two really good years before they drop off again: Paul Medhurst, Andrew Krakouer, Mitch Morton....

May improve us for next year and a serious tilt at the flag - at the right price.

Stats don't tell the whole story, just like Jack Martin. His impact on the game when he's up and running is profound.
Yeah I agree some players are high impact typesā€¦and to the eye heā€™s the high impact type. Can take a spect at a critical time and turn the game.

But the goal stat is still important.

Do we think the news of Russell's departure will impact list management decisions at all?

I sincerely hope not. However, I do worry that if we got another high-performance messiah type, the club may want to roll the dice one more time on our injury prone players.

Nah, theyā€™re gone. Only one with any semblance of hope is Marchbank and thatā€™s only because of our dearth of key backs, up to the list management team to find a replacement or two

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

what about we keep the additional backman in house by moving JSOS down back for 2025.
Jack was playing very well last year and reports before he went down was he was absolutely smashing the off season. I see no need to change his game up. We are crying out for a 3rd tall up forward. What we need is a couple of mid to smalls that are capable of having an impact up forward and in the middle for short stints. More that 10 possessions would be great

It's an option if we can't find anyone. Depends if we believe any of O'Keefe, Lemmey or even Kemp can step up the 3rd tall fwd/ruck role next year.
lemmey is tracking nicely, i have a feeling it'll really click in the preseason and we'll see him playing some senior footy next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ryan and McGovern certainly keep this trend up!

I agree with that comment with respect to Ryan, he has suffered several non-collision injuries over his entire AFL career bar one year (2019), most commonly hamstrings, but also ankle, calf and shin. Not only that but he is a really shy and naive person who IMO would really struggle with living in Melbourne - he struggles with the spotlight in Perth - so as much as Iā€™d love for us to have him because he is a natural proven goal-kicker, Iā€™d say no.

Jeremy however I donā€™t think is as injury prone as people think. Aside from the major hamstring injury in 2023, his most recent seasons have been impacted by collision injuries (2022 was a punctured lung and this year broken ribs). On that basis I think itā€™s less of a risk. Also we have to accept that Barrass is unattainable due to his salary and trade cost so we may need to look at a discount option. The lure of playing for a flag with his brother also works in our favour.

I agree with that comment with respect to Ryan, he has suffered several non-collision injuries over his entire AFL career bar one year (2019), most commonly hamstrings, but also ankle, calf and shin. Not only that but he is a really shy and naive person who IMO would really struggle with living in Melbourne - he struggles with the spotlight in Perth - so as much as Iā€™d love for us to have him because he is a natural proven goal-kicker, Iā€™d say no.

Jeremy however I donā€™t think is as injury prone as people think. Aside from the major hamstring injury in 2023, his most recent seasons have been impacted by collision injuries (2022 was a punctured lung and this year broken ribs). On that basis I think itā€™s less of a risk. Also we have to accept that Barrass is unattainable due to his salary and trade cost so we may need to look at a discount option. The lure of playing for a flag with his brother also works in our favour.
Totally agree on Ryan, he is a highlights package, but that is it. Never looks super fit, not sure about his discipline (around diet and lifestyle). Got to be better options, for a small forward.

The idea of Jeremy is really growing on me. Hope it happens, seems affordable and will just be dependant on what he wants to do.

Could envisage Weiters, the McGov boys, Saady, Cow plus two of Cinc, Boyd, Newy and Wilson for next season.

I agree he cant really offer us anything. Has great disposal, sets up a lot of play from HB, but not really a solid defender, which is what we need. We have Gov, Newy & Doc who all play the Houston role
We don't have many that can kick like that, that's why I brought his name up originally.
We have 2 of the best forwards in the comp but also some of the worst inside 50 delivery.
Yes, our efficiency per inside 50 entry can be quite high but our kicking between hb and hf is painful at times.

Whoever signed Pitto up for 4 years just proves that Carlton didn't cull all the dead wood in the Club in their clean out a few years ago. Perhaps the same person who gave SOS a new contract a couple of weeks before Voss began at the Club..?

If you want to win a flag ... you have to tick all the boxes .. and recruiting is a big box to tick.
Someone obviously believes they are doing a great job at Carlton... <cough>

We don't have many that can kick like that, that's why I brought his name up originally.
We have 2 of the best forwards in the comp but also some of the worst inside 50 delivery.
Yes, our efficiency per inside 50 entry can be quite high but our kicking between hb and hf is painful at times.
I'd love to have him in the side, but if we got him we'd not be able to get a KPB, which we need more imo

Can we do a Geelong please and just pluck a few random WAFL or Bellarine players or even some senior VFL players.

Podsiasly, Taylor, Stewart, Stengel, Mannagh

All picked up for stuff all
And on top of that it'd be nice if GCS wanted to offload a few more picks.

Do we think the news of Russell's departure will impact list management decisions at all?

I sincerely hope not. However, I do worry that if we got another high-performance messiah type, the club may want to roll the dice one more time on our injury prone players.
Does Russell's contract come under the Salary Cap? If so, we'd probably be better off going out and getting Barry Nuff the High School PE teacher as HPM and using the money we saved to go after better players who arent the walking wounded.

Does Russell's contract come under the Salary Cap? If so, we'd probably be better off going out and getting Barry Nuff the High School PE teacher as HPM and using the money we saved to go after better players who arent the walking wounded.
It doesnā€™t come under the salary cap thatā€™s for players only. Might come under the soft cap with the coaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back