List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did he say KPF? I thought he meant Charlie Cameron

Apparently we are more interested in adding another Charlie to our forward line.
A KPD would make a ton of sense. But the general feel across the AFL is these are easier to find from forwards that didn't work out and the big money is better spent elsewhere.
Not that we have a large amount of wiggle room as is.

Charlie Cameron?

Charlie Comben would be an astute choice, a young talented versatile tall with good potential. Fresh start in vibrant environment could make all the difference.

Is Mitch McGovern our most important player at the minute?

Fell in by a point against dees and beat Norf without him.

Lost 4 from 6

With him in the team:
Lost 2 from 11
Weitering and McGovern together are key to the team.

Weitering for being the defensive presence that the whole defence is built around. W doing his thing allows McGovern to do his thing.

McGovern's natural intercept and attacking game is massive for us. You can see when W was restricted, McGovern was forced to play tighter on his man which negated his natural game.

Charlie Clarke makes the most sense imo. Kicking snags for fun for the dogs VFL team but stuck behind the impenetrable wall of being in Bevo's bad books

I remember a lot of draft watchers were quite keen on Charlie Edwards at the time too but not sure he'd be slotting into our forward line, more of a mid/wing who can push forward

Charlie McCartin. Brother of Tom & Paddy. Dominating for the Ed Curnow coached LORNE Footy Club in the Colac & District League. Apparently being heavily scouted by both Carlton & Geelong.

Playing as a defender though?

Charlie McCartin. Brother of Tom & Paddy. Dominating for the Ed Curnow coached LORNE Footy Club in the Colac & District League. Apparently being heavily scouted by both Carlton & Geelong.

Forgot about C.McCartin! Good pick up Crippa

Did he say KPF? I thought he meant Charlie Cameron
Yeah, I doubt 43 was referring to a KPF.

Looking through each lists small forwards I can only see Charlie Cameron and a young player named Charlie Clarke for the bulldogs? Clarke has kicked 16 goals in 11 VFL matches whilst averaging 13.6 possession. Can't say I've seen him play though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lost 4 from 6

With him in the team:
Lost 2 from 11

Weiters.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Given his surname, his brothers, and the fact that Lorne is coached by former Carlton midfielder Ed Curnow, McCartin is not exactly flying under the radar.

St Kilda, where former Swans recruiter Simon Dalrymple is now head recruiter, have been closely tracking him this season, too, while recruiting sources said Carlton and Geelong were among the AFL clubs to have also scouted the key defender.

Our defence and midfield is full of guys who are AFL quality. Each week we have 2 or 3 VFL level guys running around our forward line, giving effort and not much else. I can see forward line being a focus. Injuries have not helped this but it is what it is.

A reliable CHB. A good small and a good medium forward would do wonders for our team. A good quality mid who applies high level pressure would be a good fit as well. Too many mids who are only ball winners.

We are second on the ladder so we are doing quite well. But there are quite a few points where we could tune up our side.

That final step from being a contender and maybe winning a flag to being the team that actually wins it is a hard one.

Lost 4 from 6

With him in the team:
Lost 2 from 11
Footy IQ, leg speed, elite kicking and intercept marking. We are carrying a few guys who are missing some of these components so when he is our or Saad is out. We are in trouble. Williams has been shifted, Cowan, Kemp and Newman don't have all these attributes and of course Docherty is injured.

Out of the box thought.

Train Mark P as a FB, give him sprint training and conditioning.
Pitto's speed off the mark is reminiscent of one of those 100 year old Giant Tortoises you see at the Zoo. No chance he ever makes it as a FB. TDK probably could but he's our future in the ruck so I doubt it even gets considered.

Pitto's speed off the mark is reminiscent of one of those 100 year old Giant Tortoises you see at the Zoo. No chance he ever makes it as a FB. TDK probably could but he's our future in the ruck so I doubt it even gets considered.
You dont think that with a sprint coach etc he could. Crippa and McKay have improved by doing it

I'm not sure what the rumour means, we're after a KPF named Charlie and intend to support our backline with a failed key forward?

Apart from Charlie Dixon what other Charlies are there?

Unless we're trying to prize Charlie Comben out of North and turn him back into a key forward? But i think he's pretty essential to the Roos.
No chance north let Comben go, a more realistic target is Gruzewski who is a fair way down the pecking order at the Giants but is talented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back