List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's going to be an interesting offseason, surely there has to be a few changes. If it's like last year and do nothing then we are in trouble.

The last 5 weeks we have played terribly but have only lost by 2 goals or less. Although I feel at the times we have played Giants/dogs/port/pies when it was season on the line for them and we just haven't matched them.

We need to look at being aggressive this offseason, we did nothing last offseason. I know there won't be like 10-15 changes but we really need to address a few areas

Things that we need

1. Speed
2. Another a/b grade midfielder who isn't slow
2. Full back so Weiterning plays CHB
3. 3rd tall forward (What Jack Martin would be if he was not injured)
4. Better Backup ruckman (Won't happen with the ridiculous contract Pittonet has)

Players to Keep

Cowan, O Hollands, Kennedy, Fogarty, Cripps, Mckay, De Koning, Acres, Kemp, Walsh, E Hollands, Weitering, Hewett, Curnow, Saad, Cincotta, Newman

Too early to make a call (I don't watch enough of the reserves enough so maybe 1 or two of these might go)

J Carroll, Lemmey, M Carroll, Monahan, Wilson, Lord, Moir, O'Keeffe, Binns

Players I'd get rid of if they didn't have contracts and feel they are worthless via trade

Z Williams
C Durdin
Pittonet

Players I could go wither way on

Silvagni - Gives his all, but is slow and not a good shot for goal
McGovern (I know he's important to our structure and will stay, just injury prone)
Docherty (Love the guy but can his body handle it?)
Boyd - Started the season well, but has gone off the rails and making a lot of mistakes
Motlop - Like Owies can kick you 2/3 goals a game but goes missing a lot of the game
Owies - Probably kick 30 goals for the year, but just invisible a lot of the time
Cerra (Doubt they would trade him, but prefer to pay someone who. can stay on the park)
Cottrell - can be an ok role payer but doesn’t do enough for my liking

Delist

Fantasia, Martin, Marchbank, Cunningham, Young, Durdin, Akuei, Mirkov

Feel like going over the team there are too many players that are talented but too injury prone. Might be time to make some hard calls

Last edited:
of course, need to do due diligence and Barrass the better option, but given he's 32, would come cheap?
Both are contracted, so if WCE were to entertain a trade, they aint gonna give them away cheaply - especially Barrass. They are no doubt looking to cash in on getting decent draft picks before Tassie, like the other 17 clubs, so a token pick aint gonna cut it.

For mine, we need to continue hitting the draft with our high picks - unless we get a young gun like a Gruzewski looking to head back home.

Also we need to keep looking at the state leagues for the mature prospects with our lower picks. The obvious right now being Charlie McCartin and Sam Davidson....or even Liam McMahon as a rookie prospect.

Reckon we should enquire about Nick Vlastuin, if we can get him cheaply enough - should still have a few good years left. Very underrated player imo.

It appears the club has had enough of Martin and will not be at the club next year and for good reason. I know we all hoped he would be a star for our club but he just isn’t no matter how much people like to sugar coat it.
Opinion or is this known? Like I posted earlier, I'd be happy to keep him on 1 year contracts so long as he doesnt want extravagant $$, because he owes the club and should be happy to take a pay cut to stay with the club.

Both are contracted, so if WCE were to entertain a trade, they aint gonna give them away cheaply - especially Barrass. They are no doubt looking to cash in on getting decent draft picks before Tassie, like the other 17 clubs, so a token pick aint gonna cut it.

For mine, we need to continue hitting the draft with our high picks - unless we get a young gun like a Gruzewski looking to head back home.

Also we need to keep looking at the state leagues for the mature prospects with our lower picks. The obvious right now being Charlie McCartin and Sam Davidson....or even Liam McMahon as a rookie prospect.
This has to be our best way forward, hopefully jag someone older who is ready to play. Drafting players is not going to get us anywhere in our supposed 'window'. Then Tassie. It's going to be a big drought in Talent for us.

Reckon we should enquire about Nick Vlastuin, if we can get him cheaply enough - should still have a few good years left. Very underrated player imo.
Yep. Agree.

Opinion or is this known? Like I posted earlier, I'd be happy to keep him on 1 year contracts so long as he doesnt want extravagant $$, because he owes the club and should be happy to take a pay cut to stay with the club.
He’s had enough chances. Body is cooked. We don’t have time to waste on these types. Time to sweep them out the door. Good riddance!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just the mumblings I’ve been hearing. Plus he hasn’t had a contract presented to him. 2 and 2 really

This has to be our best way forward, hopefully jag someone older who is ready to play. Drafting players is not going to get us anywhere in our supposed 'window'. Then Tassie. It's going to be a big drought in Talent for us.
And to be honest, there's not a lot of young talent on our list that gets me too excited. We've got a fair few development players who may or may not make it like Akeui, Monahan, Lemmey, M Carroll, O'Keefe etc....you can even throw in Mirkov although he's a bit older.

J.Carroll hasn't set the world on fire, and still remains uncontracted.

Cowan looks a great prospect (but of course he's a Tassie boy) - Moir as it stands looks boom or bust, and Billy is an unknown quantity. Binns racks up plenty of possessions, but still doesn't look AFL ready.

We've got the Campo's walking in the door - both look like prospects, but neither feature prominently at the top end of the draft form guides. Which is why it's critical to keep hitting the draft especially at the top end - cos we currently don't have much young top end talent coming through the ranks, and the Tassie spectre is looming.

And to be honest, there's not a lot of young talent on our list that gets me too excited. We've got a fair few development players who may or may not make it like Akeui, Monahan, Lemmey, M Carroll, O'Keefe etc....you can even throw in Mirkov although he's a bit older.

J.Carroll hasn't set the world on fire, and still remains uncontracted.

Cowan looks a great prospect (but of course he's a Tassie boy) - Moir as it stands looks boom or bust, and Billy is an unknown quantity. Binns racks up plenty of possessions, but still doesn't look AFL ready.

We've got the Campo's walking in the door - both look like prospects, but neither feature prominently at the top end of the draft form guides. Which is why it's critical to keep hitting the draft especially at the top end - cos we currently don't have much young top end talent coming through the ranks, and the Tassie spectre is looming.
What's happened to Lemmey? I heard he wasnt too far off the mark. TBH, given the form of our seniors, I'd be rolling the dice and giving him a game if not injured.

he's not a KPD.

I get that, but it’s more important to find someone who can read the play and take the intercept marks. Gets up high enough and reads it well enough to intercept which is just as important at quelling KPFs. He’s not unlike Tom Stewart (though not as good), and could come cheapish.

What's happened to Lemmey? I heard he wasnt too far off the mark. TBH, given the form of our seniors, I'd be rolling the dice and giving him a game if not injured.
For me, having watched every reserves game this year, he is still far off the mark (just an opinion). If only he had a little of the spring, speed, and athleticism Akuei has .... I do hope he proves all his doubters (including me) wrong next year.

For me, having watched every reserves game this year, he is still far off the mark (just an opinion). If only he had a little of the spring, speed, and athleticism Akuei has .... I do hope he proves all his doubters (including me) wrong next year.

Lemmey is an interesting one. Since going back to FF he has started to have consistent scoreboard impact and his most recent game (18 disposals, 9 marks, 3 goals vs Brisbane) was good.

He's a big lump at 202cm, and clearly still not yet what he could be. Worth keeping around just for the size IMO - needs another year or two to evaluate.

Let's not forget big Harry McKay didn't play seniors in his first year, and only 2 games late in his second, in a team that was solidly bottom 4. Didn't really start to show much until year 3, and really only started to perform in year 4.

If the coach cant field "X" then you dont get to either. Fill the gaps.

You want Cerra and Walsh rotating off Wing/Halfback? So they go from the hardest running position on the field to having to defend the second hardest running position on the field?

Billy who? Or is this 2024s "we would be winning if .... played"?

Kemp forward? Sure, its not like we've spent 4 odd years developing him as a defender. Lets "Weitering" him and waste 2 more looking lost up forward. MAYBE an pinch hitter Ashley Hunter style.

The rest is same old.

Still a slow midfield.
Still slow on the Wings with rubbish disposal.
Still Slow up forward, Martin pressures ok.. as does Fog but they all get run off.

You've tossed some magnets around but nothing has improved because the entire list has the same strengths and weaknesses.

Please tell me these Camporeale boys can run?! So far they read as Acres/Kennedy clones.
You've completely missed the point.

Midfield being slow is a myth. Speed comes from ball use and system.

Walsh on a wing and as a runner. Immediately the midfield is BALANCED. Immediately your squad is overall better because you're not relying on superstars and overworking role players so theyre constantly injured you're relying on balance which smooths out form and handles injury far more effectively.

The X is X because I literally don't care. Lewis young playing FB weits chb and kemp with an off season and unleashing his natural aggression up forward would sum of all parts be better from the combination of those 3 positions we've got every other game this year. TDK third tall? 3 touches in a game. Kennedy third tall? Valiant effort but the midfield gets stomped. Like. This is obvious.

Walsh and acres on the wings is not rubbish disposal. And not slow. Walsh showed everyone how good his disposal is IN SPACE against the pies when he run an angle and received a forward handball from whoever it was that took a mark on the wing between the arcs. He had outrun his opponent. Used his strengths. Delivered a perfect kick i50 for a mark. so no let's play him in stoppages where he's weak instinctively. Weaker defensively and horrible by disposal. He's a super star so he's trying to make it work but he's just not.

And I never mentioned half back for either cerra or Walsh. Being the midfield.distributor one handball behind the stoppage does not mean you're a half back. Thats a stoppage setup comment.

You clearly have nfi about kemp and his natural game if your opinion is he'd be 'weitering-d' up forward. Absolutely none.

The rumour of a five year extension for Cerra is worrying for me.

He’s clearly got a massive issue with his hamstrings. We need to get to the bottom of it before making any commitment.
What would be the motivator to extend him on his output.

Carlton seems to have zero performance management

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

I would kill for a Luke Breust type.

Is there anyone available that fits this skillset?

Even a readymade player floating around at state level would suffice, before Cripps starts declining and our supposed window closes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back