List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Based on the trades the Eagles are doing to get competitive as soon as possible to keep Reid, Dev makes complete sense. ~50 odd game player without having to give up much. Bit of a no brainer?

Based on the trades the Eagles are doing to get competitive as soon as possible to keep Reid, Dev makes complete sense. ~50 odd game player without having to give up much. Bit of a no brainer?
As they should, wasting another year for another draft pick isn’t going to help the contract renewal discussions for WCE.

The overpay for baker and owies is justified, pick 3 would be good but they aren’t going to be immediate impact players like Harley Reid

Seeing as though Eagles are in a giving mood, their pick 26 seems about right.

They only have 73 and 81 outside of their pick 12.
Probably something like 26 for 42 - keeps the number of picks low, gets us the same number of points as a pick in the 40s. Or we could ask for a future 3rd.

McLachlan is already contracted as a rookie. He can't be delisted.
Beecken is also already on our list. We can delist him and take him in the rookie draft if we want, but any club has the whole of the National, PSD and Rookie drafts to take him before us.

Pretty sure if we delist Prior he'll walk to Essendon by the sounds of it. I think we'd like to keep him, but not send him through the draft.

The thing is we don't have a bunch of rookie spots spare either. Senior and rookie lists have an automatically flexible two spots you can move between them so unless we open up a third(and bearing in mind we're currently overflowing with rookies because of the MSD picks) there's no benefit to move players from the senior list to the rookie list.
Forgot McLachlan signed an 18 months contract.
I did know about Beecken could be picked up by other clubs but i am not sold on him like a lot of people are.
Have no issue if the club wish to retain him though.

Prior we defiantly would want something for him. But as we all mentioned we have to many picks at present.
This is why i mentioned in another post would we use pick 27 or even 34 to get a future second and other 2024/5 picks.
I think but not sure we traded our future 2nd.

I had the rookies Lester and McKenna moving to the primary list not the other way round.

I had the rookies Lester and McKenna moving to the primary list not the other way round.
We want as many picks in the draft as possible, so unless there's a corresponding player going the other way I expect us to just maintain the status quo.

With Pick 27, Dev & Harry, I wouldn't be surprised if the club is also making moves to acquire more points for next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Consolidating our later picks makes sense. Pick 27 is far more succulent morsel on the menu then picks in the 30s and 40s.

On trading night we can accumulate more points if we need with a high second round pick like 27 and/or gives us a stronger option to move into next years second round as well.

We need to start building capital for the next few drafts also, because there's more Academy rorts coming our way.

On F1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

These are probably the best trade periods. Where we don't have to get down in the mud with all these others clubs and can just sit off to the side accumulating points knowing the outcome being Levi and Marshall.

These are probably the best trade periods. Where we don't have to get down in the mud with all these others clubs and can just sit off to the side accumulating points knowing the outcome being Levi and Marshall.

For a long time, trade period was the highlight of the season for us and it wasn't that long ago.

But yeah, since WCE is in a generous mood, let's ask them for pick 12 and 26 for Dev and 27.

You mean you didn't enjoy the 2013 trade period?!

Mt thoughts for now.

Out: Lyons, Jo, Michael, Madden, Lane, Beecken, Craven, Sharp (49? Demons) & Prior (46? Dons)
I will leave Dev out for now as Eagles only have 73 and Dockers 67 so maybe a future pick.
That is 9 spots out, less the 3 spots from MSD = 6 list spots.
We presently have 6 spots with points attached 27, 34, 42, 43, 60, 66 = 2244 points
Including Sharp and Prior something like 27, 34, 42, 43, 46 (Prior?) 49 (Sharp?), 60 (146 points), 66 (80 points),
Can only use 6 so 27, 34, 42, 43, 46, 49 = 2636 points
From this point we may be able to group 27 and or 34 and others to get to a better pick points position and reduce the number of picks. Only the club knows their plan and what other clubs have been looking for in picks.

Take Ashcroft, Marshall and possibly 1 other academy player.
That leaves 3 left for Beecken, Craven if we want them and they are available when our pick comes around and a spot for Day and/or someone else.
Another day and a half for more pick swaps at this point in time so we may have a better understanding of their plan come Thursday Morning

Damn work getting in the way.

dlanod and irel have covered most of it.

We had to many picks, that we wouldn’t have been able to take to the draft.

Pick 27 will be quite valuable on draft night. Probably more so then than now.

We just won’t know which team will have the picks to trade for it, until the end of the trade period.

Essendon look like a potential suitor if they don’t trade out picks 28 & 31 prior to the Kako bid. They could match Kako and then trade their later picks for pick 27.

St Kilda also have a couple of nga kids that should be later bids. We could look to trade for their pick 47 for 60 & 66 if we get pick 49 for Sharp.

I’d be after a future 3rd round pick for Dev.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back