• Chad Warner

Votes: 193 64.1%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 14 4.7%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 39 13.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a thought.What we need to do with ruck?Reidy not getting game when Darcy is injured which force treacy to ruck and many times it is seen his production forward a bit reduced and can affect in maintaining the playing level until the end of season? Do we target a good ruck who is not getting game and happy to come over and play for peel? Wont be anyone but if we offer a good money ?

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Maybe something to consider. But I think it's only a real issue when you have those giant behemoth rucks, which there isn't too many of. Meek is getting there. Seems to have packed on bit of muscle

How's Sandi doing.. maybe we can keep him on the books and roll him out for 1 or 2 games when needed 😂 lol

I think they hoping knobel comes on sooner rather than later

Last edited:
Maybe something to consider. But I think it's only a real issue when you have those giant behemoth rucks, which there isn't too many of. Meek is getting there. Seems to have packed on bit of muscle

How's Sandi doing.. maybe we can keep him on the books and roll him out for 1 or 2 games when needed 😂 lol

Knobel can play the forward/ruck better than anyone else at Freo. Jackson would be better taking Fyfes position or
even backline if Pearce is unavailable. Would also help his defensive game.
But when Darcy is unavailable wouldn't it be better to get a game into Reidy?
We could do the same like we did with Meek, and turn him into another draft pick.
How can we not have the best spine in the AFL? Instead we run with Jackson, Treacy to pinch hit in the ruck.
We lose games on our tactics and selections, when realistically we could be top 4 and the chance to make a GF.

Clearly the MC don’t believe Reidy is good enough. He should 100% be delisted at the end of the season if so. Complete waste of a list spot. If you can’t play him in a game like yesterday then surely it’s completely pointless keeping him around?

In a choice yesterday between playing Reidy, vs disrupting the structure of the entire team and playing our most dominant and inform forward out of position as a second ruck, we chose the latter.

That tells you all you need to know about how Reidy is regarded internally. They must believe he’s a complete liability.

In similar circumstances in other areas of the ground this year we have thrown Davies and Draper in against the competitions elite. So it’s not like the MC would be afraid to take a gamble on Reidy if they believed in him.

Clearly the MC don’t believe Reidy is good enough. He should 100% be delisted at the end of the season if so. Complete waste of a list spot. If you can’t play him in a game like yesterday then surely it’s completely pointless keeping him around?

In a choice yesterday between playing Reidy, vs disrupting the structure of the entire team and playing our most dominant and inform forward out of position as a second ruck, we chose the latter.

That tells you all you need to know about how Reidy is regarded internally. They must believe he’s a complete liability.

In similar circumstances in other areas of the ground this year we have thrown Davies and Draper in against the competitions elite. So it’s not like the MC would be afraid to take a gamble on Reidy if they believed in him.
Bro Reidy is gone, I guarantee it. Luckily for us Walzy selected a great prospect in Knobel. From what I've seen he has a higher ceiling then Meek but is more raw so will need the time to develop. Perfect time to bring Sandi back to help him out.

Those changes were out of necessity.
I don’t see any inspired moves.
Instead it has been luck and quality of the picks that has shone through.
Next it will be Erasmus/Brodie due to injury and how wonderful our coaching
group is😜
If you need proof just watch how Meek goes at the Hawks.
Reidy has done about the same as him at Peel too.

I think Draper is the exception more than the rule with respect to the MC; from him coming into the squad the MC have been willing to give him a go more on potential than anything. I am guessing in the main because of his athletic profile that they elevate him above others, because it have often not been on pure form from where I have watched.

Davies was a change that I reckon they were forced to do very reluctantly because of all the other injuries to the remaining tall backmen (and I think Hughes card is now permanently marked) despite him having been very good at WAFL level for some time to that point and there arguably being openings for him a number of times.

I think Draper is the exception more than the rule with respect to the MC; from him coming into the squad the MC have been willing to give him a go more on potential than anything. I am guessing in the main because of his athletic profile that they elevate him above others, because it have often not been on pure form from where I have watched.

Davies was a change that I reckon they were forced to do very reluctantly because of all the other injuries to the remaining tall backmen (and I think Hughes card is now permanently marked) despite him having been very good at WAFL level for some time to that point and there arguably being openings for him a number of times.
Yeah I'd be surprised if both Reidy and Hughes weren't delisted at the end of the year.
Wilson was in a similar position to Hughes but played more games in his last year, understood his delisting but still hurt a bit.

Liam Ryan for Brodie swap works for me. Win win?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t want that poor excuse for a human being anywhere near the club tbh.

If he played for us not West Coast the WA media would’ve made sure we sacked him years ago.

Hardly call that a win for those campaigners

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knobel can play the forward/ruck better than anyone else at Freo. Jackson would be better taking Fyfes position or
even backline if Pearce is unavailable. Would also help his defensive game.
But when Darcy is unavailable wouldn't it be better to get a game into Reidy?
We could do the same like we did with Meek, and turn him into another draft pick.
How can we not have the best spine in the AFL? Instead we run with Jackson, Treacy to pinch hit in the ruck.
We lose games on our tactics and selections, when realistically we could be top 4 and the chance to make a GF.
Yes we need to expedite Knobel's development. It's great he's now playing seniors.

Even though he's still thin he doesn't mind throwing himself around physically. He's also a good overhead mark.

He'd be a chance to play AFL next year if he continues his trajectory.
207cm footballers don't grow on trees, we must extend beyond his current contract.

I'd much rather keep our structure should Darcy go down again than continue to play Jackson and Treacy in the ruck next year.

Yes we need to expedite Knobel's development. It's great he's now playing seniors.

Even though he's still thin he doesn't mind throwing himself around physically. He's also a good overhead mark.

He'd be a chance to play AFL next year if he continues his trajectory.
207cm footballers don't grow on trees, we must extend beyond his current contract.

I'd much rather keep our structure should Darcy go down again than continue to play Jackson and Treacy in the ruck next year.
Unfortunately as soon as Knobel reaches AFL standard he will be out the door. That’s a side affect of the Darcy/Jackson investment

Yeah that's a good post. It's unfortunate cos Reidy shows actual skills with things like his field kicking.
He really must lack the IQ to be that liability. A definite delist if he'll never play.
Let's just trade him for Tom Campbell then. HE at least can get a game. (Yeah yeah, the Saints Yada Yada)

Knobel looks to have at least Meek level potential to me. I think if there was any doubt before the weekend, short of Knobel (stupidly IMO) asking for a trade, Reidy is moved on.

Knobel is ready to play very well at league level and another preseason will just push that case even further. Seems to have come on even faster than ee thought I reckon

Knobel looks to have at least Meek level potential to me. I think if there was any doubt before the weekend, short of Knobel (stupidly IMO) asking for a trade, Reidy is moved on.

Knobel is ready to play very well at league level and another preseason will just push that case even further. Seems to have come on even faster than ee thought I reckon
It’s strange one for us. Ideally we want him to be good, but not too good.
Unfortunately it appears he will be too good for Peel pretty soon and then he will rightly look for a trade to play regularly at AFL level like Meek did.
The only other scenario is that he is so good that he goes past Darcy or Jackson at AFL level. Unlikely but wouldn’t be a bad problem to have for us.

It’s strange one for us. Ideally we want him to be good, but not too good.
Unfortunately it appears he will be too good for Peel pretty soon and then he will rightly look for a trade to play regularly at AFL level like Meek did.
The only other scenario is that he is so good that he goes past Darcy or Jackson at AFL level. Unlikely but wouldn’t be a bad problem to have for us.
Can't go past Jacskon, different roles. Potential to catch up to Darcy in like 3 or 4 years which is the normal time for ruck I'd imagine and possibly time to save some money if we wanted. Plus, Hodor is going to give him plenty of opportunities at AFL level if he's good enough.

I hope his manager is smart enough to tell him to get through to at least 24 here. Not many clubs can develop rucks as well as we can and it's the perfect environment to get the odd game while developing

The real question is can we get big Rory Lobb back? Would 4 firsts and the Saints 2nd get it done? Or do we throw in Brayshaw to make it work?
Not even i would do that :)

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bro Reidy is gone, I guarantee it. Luckily for us Walzy selected a great prospect in Knobel. From what I've seen he has a higher ceiling then Meek but is more raw so will need the time to develop. Perfect time to bring Sandi back to help him out.

Sandi is already back

How's Sandi doing.. maybe we can keep him on the books and roll him out for 1 or 2 games when needed lol

Lol
Sandi returning
Imagine that.
Imagine the story as well.
As someone who was never good enough overall, and has gone wayyyyy past any playing days,
I remember just after my prime, it was the recovery which was the issue.
So bring the climbing wall (that is what the oppo did 2 him) back for home games.
Play Sean for away games.
Then in finals, unleash a fresh Darcy
They could make a movie about that.
Lol
Sorry, had wine 2day

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back