List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 30 17.6%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 85 50.0%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 18 10.6%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 21 12.4%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think our premiership window is still 1-2 years away.

I would prefer to draft Berry, than get Cameron.

I would prefer Baker over Cameron as well.
There's no way any player over 30 should be traded for a first rounder. Even St Kilda's second rounder is pushing it imo.

Most players over 30 get traded for peanuts. If rumours of Cameron falling out with some of the playing group are correct he'll go for peanuts as well - as a proven gun he'd be worth something otherwise.

Charlie Cameron ‍♂️ Freo not interested. Staying at Brisbane

Would that have anything to do with who his management is?

Honestly I think Fyfe is the elephant in the room when it comes to Jackson being played in a Blicavs like role.

I don't think you can play Darcy, Jackson and Fyfe together around the ball - and when Fyfe is in the team that probably only leaves 5 minutes per quarter where Jackson could play as a mid.

It's a shame because he hasn't really had a fair crack at that role yet.
I think 5 minutes midfielder and 5 minutes ruck is a good scenario for Jackson. Could also work well with Fyfe, although he is clearly an issue.

The strategy with Fyfe should be about being at his current best for Finals.

Was just looking at our squad list and noticed Conrad Williams. Listed as a 184cm medium forward. How is he tracking? Any chance he will get a game this year or next?
He’s been playing reserves with Peel. Cat B rookie so should stay on the list.
I like what I saw in a preseason game this year vs Souths.

I think 5 minutes midfielder and 5 minutes ruck is a good scenario for Jackson. Could also work well with Fyfe, although he is clearly an issue.

The strategy with Fyfe should be about being at his current best for Finals.
What happens if finals become highly unlikely, or worse still, we're out of contention (re Fyfe particularly)?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was massive on Jackson to bring him over as that "unicorn" but regardless, I think it's being stubborn not at least acknowledging Jackson could be better than Darcy as a ruck. People point to his down weeks, I point to him still being a KPP and needing a few years before he's consistent, like anyone else. If he's poor against the big boys, dominating the others like he does Brisbane level bucks every time is still pretty huge.

IF Darcy wanted to leave for whatever reason, it's something the club should explore. What if Darcy out made all of Baker, Cameron and Warner possible?

The combo works, it can be amazing and Darcy is still a gun ruck, is it the best use of cap space is a very valid question though IMO

What do you think Darcy is worth? Mid-late first rounder IMO, in the pick 10-15 range. That's not getting Baker, Cameron and Warner. Would you trade Darcy for Baker in a 3 way trade? I wouldn't.

As has been mentioned Cameron is managed by Colin Young so can't see him in purple next year.

I think our premiership window is still 1-2 years away.

I would prefer to draft Berry, than get Cameron.

I would prefer Baker over Cameron as well.

We're an umpiring decision against Carlton away from 2nd on the ladder. Swans are red hot at the minute then you can throw a blanket over 10 other teams. A lot has to go right between now and the end of the year but we're in our window now.

We're an umpiring decision against Carlton away from 2nd on the ladder. Swans are red hot at the minute then you can throw a blanket over 10 other teams. A lot has to go right between now and the end of the year but we're in our window now.

I don't think our forward line is good enough this year.

I really believe the squad can compete for 6 to 8 years with one or two more forwards.

I don't think Cameron is a big upgrade, and more importantly I think his form will drop as he goes beyond 30

He’s been playing reserves with Peel. Cat B rookie so should stay on the list.
I like what I saw in a preseason game this year vs Souths.
Barely touched the ball the last two weeks in the reserves. He has had injury issues this year and some chance he is still being impacted by injury.

Last two weeks back after lengthy injury lay off:
Round 7: 5 possessions and 1 tackle
Round 8: 3 possessions 3 tackles

Can someone please sell me on Baker?

Everything I see of him screams "fine" - but he's the kind of short, defensively minded mid we already have a huge surplus of.

Just not seeing why we'd be contemplating offloading part of our strongest draft hand in years for him.

Watch his ball use mate. Does not waste it.

Everything I see of him screams "fine" - but he's the kind of short, defensively minded mid we already have a huge surplus of.

Just not seeing why we'd be contemplating offloading part of our strongest draft hand in years for him.
He's just come off a game with 31 touches and a goal.

He's excellent defensively but I certainly wouldn't call him a defensive minded mid. He's probably the best utility in the game - he's a B grade forward, mid and defender.

I don't think there's a single team in the competition he wouldn't walk into.

Positives
Super clean, great skills, tough as nails.

Can play forward, middle or in defense .

Negative

No clear best position in my eyes.
Short
Quick, but not elite top end speed. (for a 173cm player)

Last edited:
This. Is. Liam. Baker.

You know that bloke at a party that just "crushes it"? That's Liam Baker.

He's not the best looking, funniest, smartest, or the coolest (that's Pondy). But he just owns the party.
The beer pong starts, his demeanour changes. He becomes a different dude. He owns that arena. Honestly, who the hell is this guy? Just clutch shot after clutch shot. WTF? He's never even spoken about beer pong and now he's genuinely making everyone look foolish.
But he's not done.
He sings Creed at karaoke.
It shouldn't work, but it does. Everyone is singing along and loving it. He NAILS total eclipse of the heart without even trying.

You ask yourself "who TF is this guy"?

It's Liam Friggin Baker. And he's here to smash beers and win Freo a premiership.
And he's all out of beers

Last edited:

1) Successful teams always have those Josh Carr type players who do the team things and aren't flashy.

2) Finals experience.

3) We don't need more picks, guys like Erasmus and Sturt are first round picks who struggle to get a game after years in the system. What are the chances of taking someone at pick 16 who contributes in 2025/2026? We've been rebuilding for almost a decade, time to go deep into September.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back