Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks Dale. I havent been able to access The Wests web page last couple of days. Keep getting the 'Oops something went wrong' message. Anyone else?
It's worked for me other than articles behind paywall for the obvious reason. Try clearing your browser cache/cookies?

Not sure where to put this but from here, is -

• Carlton winning both games
  • Bulldogs winning both games
  • Hawks winning both games

The only scenario where we win next week and still miss?

Yes.

And with the way this season is going I fully expect that to happen.

Only positive is that we have the last game of the round so don't have to waste time going if the season's done.

Only positive is that we have the last game of the round so don't have to waste time going if the season's done.
Be nice to have 1 upset today

Then basically the whole week build up everyone knows we win were in.

Surely last home game optus should be packed out regardless.

I know there is frustration and despair building atm over the last 3 weeks.

But imagine being the last game of the year at home playing a top 4 team to win and get into the finals and possibly knock out Carlton or a Collingwood.

It might be an afternoon Freo fans will never forget.

West Coast did a similar thing in 2017 and knocked out the demons on % by beating Adelaide who were minor premiers at Subi.

It's a huge match next week in the context of Freo's history of not being able to win crunch games the whole AFL world will be watching If it's a live game for us.

From being 10 minutes away from 2nd spot in the Essendon game, to potentially playing a dead rubber 3 weeks later because we can’t mathematically make the 8. Wowee

Be nice to have 1 upset today

Then basically the whole week build up everyone knows we win were in.

Surely last home game optus should be packed out regardless.

I know there is frustration and despair building atm over the last 3 weeks.

But imagine being the last game of the year at home playing a top 4 team to win and get into the finals and possibly knock out Carlton or a Collingwood.

It might be an afternoon Freo fans will never forget.

West Coast did a similar thing in 2017 and knocked out the demons on % by beating Adelaide who were minor premiers at Subi.

It's a huge match next week in the context of Freo's history of not being able to win crunch games the whole AFL world will be watching If it's a live game for us.
Totally agree

Massive opportunity for the club

It’s actually the perfect scenario for our young team to face on the back of our dismal last quarter fade outs/close losses .

The only way to the team gets over its demons it is to continually be put back in that situation an actually overcome it.*

*That said ,please freo ….just give us nice comfortable 6 goal win for ffs!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

oh dont let the truth get in the way of a good story..

We all know it becaue of Biased umpriing. Fixturing and AFL Conspiracies.

delete that Newspaper article
Who's claimed that us choking in the death isn't a problem?

Freo have found increasingly painful ways to not finish off games, and that's caused us to be in the position we are. Also, there are disadvantages that Freo absolutely should try to campaign against as part of the competitive balance review.

These 2 positions are not mutually exclusive.

Who's claimed that us choking in the death isn't a problem?

Freo have found increasingly painful ways to not finish off games, and that's caused us to be in the position we are. Also, there are disadvantages that Freo absolutely should try to campaign against as part of the competitive balance review.

These 2 positions are not mutually exclusive.
Win those games we should have won. we are in 2nd spot on ladder.

But you are right of course. we should win 100% of our games so lets play at home more.

Oh hang on we lost at home too.

hmmmmm

Mate, are you just going to ignore the lore and shared belief systems of your surroundings?

You're not taking the scales from our eyes or pointing out our lack of clothing. It's just kind of annoying.

If you don't like the fact we get together and bemoan the fact that the fixture and the maggots are in the service of a system which rewards large and revenue-raising clubs, then I don't know what to tell you.

I only just heard about this today (granted I wasn’t exactly reading/listening a lot of footy media recently).
If this is true I find it astonishing that he should even be considered to play this week. (I know Hase can talk shit sometimes but I doubt he would have said this on air if it wasn’t true)
IMG_0001.png IMG_0001.png

I only just heard about this today (granted I wasn’t exactly reading/listening a lot of footy media recently).
If this is true I find it astonishing that he should even be considered to play this week. (I know Hase can talk shit sometimes but I doubt he would have said this on air if it wasn’t true)
View attachment 2085024View attachment 2085024
If we made finals Darcy would have played them. It's an ongoing issue that he can play through but better to get surgery done on it. Plenty of players have niggles they play through and get off season surgery.

Really sucks form a fitness point because the last thing this team needs is another unfit darcy.

If we made finals Darcy would have played them. It's an ongoing issue that he can play through but better to get surgery done on it. Plenty of players have niggles they play through and get off season surgery.

Really sucks form a fitness point because the last thing this team needs is another unfit darcy.
That would be understandable if he wasn’t carrying extra weight, was athletic and durable and not a major risk to go down in the first quarter leaving us with a man down. Send him to the surgery now and get him right

So it's meniscal still then?

Because if so the criticisms of his conditioning become even more relevant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back