Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I do twitter. Some don't. Here's a glimpse of what you're missing out on: 20240810_184834.jpg
From the Sean Darcy parody account.

"AAAAAAAARGGGHH!!!"
images (3).jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm skeptical that they are all top end, but don't 3 NGAs from the next 2 drafts project as potential 1st round options?

If true, even more reason to trade in players.
At this stage it is too difficult to predict if they will make the first round.

2025 Draft
1. Basil Hart: has talent but is quite raw, not very consistent.
2. Toby Whan: knows how to accumulate the ball but not very damaging?

2026 Draft
3. Lucas Robinson: the biggest wildcard for mine. Very limited game time but is only 16. Lives in Lake Grace so doesn't get much exposure. He is the definition of a clearance beast though.

At this stage it is too difficult to predict if they will make the first round.

2025 Draft
1. Basil Hart: has talent but is quite raw, not very consistent.
2. Toby Whan: knows how to accumulate the ball but not very damaging?

2026 Draft
3. Lucas Robinson: the biggest wildcard for mine. Very limited game time but is only 16. Lives in Lake Grace so doesn't get much exposure. He is the definition of a clearance beast though.
I've only seen a tiny bit of Whan, but what I did see was him bomb it off a step from 52 for a goal. So at the very least he has penetration by foot.

Robinson is a beast though isn't he? Cripps comparison?

Ideally they are like Draper and Walker, clearly should be more highly rated than their bids and we get them for chips

Yeah and these guys are 23. If we want to wait another 5 years for these draft picks to mature take them.

But we don’t.
And we will have more drafts to take young kids

I reckon we should be trading two of our top 25 selections tbh.

We’ve got to use two selections so may as well use two good ones. We don’t need or want four 18 year olds that won’t be at their best for five years though.

I've only seen a tiny bit of Whan, but what I did see was him bomb it off a step from 52 for a goal. So at the very least he has penetration by foot.

Robinson is a beast though isn't he? Cripps comparison?

Ideally they are like Draper and Walker, clearly should be more highly rated than their bids and we get them for chips
Unfortunately, Whan is the only player I have watched consistently so I can only comment on his game. Seems to find the ball with ease but can't kick infront of goal. He has been tagged the past few games which is why his nunbers are down.

Robinson is going to be an absolute unit but he doesn't play much footy given his age and where he lives so it is really hard to track his growth. I am very excited about his potential though. He is currently 188cm and 80kg at 16 years of age. They breed them different in Lake Grace. In the u16s championship he also averaged averaged 25 disposals (18 contested), six tackles and nine clearances which is insane. This doesn't even consider his goal kicking and contested marking. If he maintains those numbers he will go top three in the draft and will basically be Fyfe 2.0.

Unfortunately, Roger Hayden seems to have taken a step back from his scouting duties so I have no one to ask about our NGA products.

Unfortunately, Whan is the only player I have watched consistently so I can only comment on his game. Seems to find the ball with ease but can't kick infront of goal. He has been tagged the past few games which is why his nunbers are down.

Robinson is going to be an absolute unit but he doesn't play much footy given his age and where he lives so it is really hard to track his growth. I am very excited about his potential though. He is currently 188cm and 80kg at 16 years of age. They breed them different in Lake Grace. In the u16s championship he also averaged averaged 25 disposals (18 contested), six tackles and nine clearances which is insane. This doesn't even consider his goal kicking and contested marking. If he maintains those numbers he will go top three in the draft and will basically be Fyfe 2.0.

Unfortunately, Roger Hayden seems to have taken a step back from his scouting duties so I have no one to ask about our NGA products.
Whan is a mid right? If he's getting tagged at his age I reckon that's a great sign. Not super concerned about goalkicking, Bont is an ordinary shot for goal too. Can he play outside or is he an inside player?

Robinson sounds mint. Man I hope he comes on and we get him for some picks in the 20s and 30s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back