Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really. Treacy doesn't **** his knee, we win vs Essendon. Fyfe doesn't get a soft as butter suspension, we beat Essendon. Erasmus doesn't get called on a bullshit 15m and Treacy kicks form 20m in front, we beat Essendon.

Missing our entire spine? Any of Pearce, Darcy or Treacy in, we beat Geelong (yep even if TDK is in). Don't get some horseshit calls (Neale's Mark, pick a 50m penalty) we're a coin toss off.

Disappointing that we're reliant on so few players? Absolutely, but deserved to get smashed? Sorry mate, that's well off the mark. We get Darcy and Treacy back against GWS and we'll be in it.
Clear thinking Cheesy.
First task ...get a finals berth, can certainly do that with Darcy and Treacy back in.
Next...Keep everyone on the park, and get Pearce back?
Then give finals a red hot crack!
YOKAI!

Afl ladder predictor done by Afl.com

1.Sydney
2. Geelong
3. Brisbane
4. Port Adelaide
5. Greater Western Sydney
6. Western Bulldogs
7. Hawthorn
8. Carlton

9. Fremantle
10. Gold Coast
11. Essendon
12. Collingwood
13. Melbourne
14. St Kilda
15. Adelaide
16. West Coast
17. North Melbourne
18. Richmond

1.Sydney
2. Geelong
3. Brisbane
4. Port Adelaide
6. Western Bulldogs
7. Hawthorn
8. Carlton

9. Fremantle
10. Gold Coast
11. Essendon
12. Collingwood
13. Melbourne
14. St Kilda
15. Adelaide
16. West Coast
17. North Melbourne
18. Richmond
Carlton 🤢

1.Sydney
2. Geelong
3. Brisbane
4. Port Adelaide
6. Western Bulldogs
7. Hawthorn
8. Carlton

9. Fremantle
10. Gold Coast
11. Essendon
12. Collingwood
13. Melbourne
14. St Kilda
15. Adelaide
16. West Coast
17. North Melbourne
18. Richmond
Let's be honest who could possibly predict what’s going to happen in the last 2 weeks with any certainty.

There is still a twist or two to come.

Like I say we beat GWS and Port lose the showdown all of sudden we are potentially playing Port in the last game for 4th.

There are so many possibilities and it's foolish to look at whose playing who and just assume the higher ranked team on the ladder is going to win because that's all that ladder predictor experts actually do in the media.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let’s be honest that ladder prediction is fair enough and we’ve only got ourselves to blame for being in that situation.

Almost feels like we’re coming ninth in a seven horse race tbh. Really disappointing.
Ninthmantle was not something anyone was expecting 9 days ago when we were 25 in front early in the last quarter against Essendon - 1 goal away from burying them out of the game.

Obviously it would be great to win @GWS but more importantly WCE beating the Blues gives us the better shot in the last round at home against Port.
Mentally I think we’re a far better chance of winning against port if the season isn’t on the, I think that will be too much pressure on our players and they’ll shit the bed again, upset underdog win this week followed by another the week after when we know we’re playing finals seems far more realistic to me

Mentally I think we’re a far better chance of winning against port if the season isn’t on the, I think that will be too much pressure on our players and they’ll shit the bed again, upset underdog win this week followed by another the week after when we know we’re playing finals seems far more realistic to me
Well no point in playing finals then if it's "too much pressure".

Well no point in playing finals then if it's "too much pressure".
I think it’s different pressure, especially if we are not expected to win, the fact we were top 4 and expected to win the bombers and cats games got to us, the same pressure would apply with the whole afl world talking about us losing our last 4 to drop out of finals, once we make the finals that will be released and no one will expect us to get past week 1, that’s a completely different head space to “we can’t shit the bed again”

Reidy could be significantly worse, but the people who would know are the ones who see them all train beside each other.
Was gonna say the same, the unknown and mystery around a player can be more tempting than reality - just look at Brodie.
Undoubtedly the selectors have got it wrong sometimes but that's the reality when you make decisions - you don't get them all right.

Would love to see Reidy given a go, even though we know ruck is a very difficult position for young and inexperienced players. There is some risk attached to it, but there should be some flexibility and contingency planning around the sub and Reidy playing forward.

I think you can watch Reidy playing against Port, from memory. Earlier either this year or the one prior.
He was shocking then. But we’re losing in the ruck with Jackson there anyway so Reidy gives Jackson a chance to actually impact the game further up the ground. He can’t mark either but he does a much better job than Taberner as a forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back