Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

That's a different story.
Need to be paying it for the whole contract too.
Don't need the squeeze in a few years time.
Richmond hold Bolton pay $1.2m for four years (I understand that is his pay)

Richmond trade Bolton and pay $600k for four years and $400k per year for two shiny new draftees in a deep draft before Tessie come in. Still in front on money and much better decision in my view.

I agree with 800k.

So even if Richmond pay 400k for the rest of his contract, we are just getting Bolton to market value for output.

Why are we throwing in extra picks to get them to cover salary, when he is being overpaid at the moment.
You should try this method out in a car yard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with 800k.

So even if Richmond pay 400k for the rest of his contract, we are just getting Bolton to market value for output.

Why are we throwing in extra picks to get them to cover salary, when he is being overpaid at the moment.

The fact he is contracted to Richmond means they want some compensation for that. Not sure what that cost (in draft picks) is, but it's real nonetheless.

I agree $800k seems about right otherwise.

I highly doubt Bolton is being paid 1.2 per year on that contract. It's possible one of the years is that much.

Don't miss out on the headlines from AFL. Followed categories will be added to My News.
follow
Richmond’s brilliant mid-forward Shai Bolton will join footy’s exclusive group of millionaires from next year with his deal worth over $1.1 million a season.
Bolton signed a lucrative new five-year contract extension in late 2022 which starts next year but is currently in the last year of his existing deal worth around $600,000 a season.
The Herald Sun can reveal that five-year deal is worth well over $1 million a year and even has scope to hit $1.2 million if he ticks off every games-based and best-and-fairest clause.

Don't miss out on the headlines from AFL. Followed categories will be added to My News.
follow
Richmond’s brilliant mid-forward Shai Bolton will join footy’s exclusive group of millionaires from next year with his deal worth over $1.1 million a season.
Bolton signed a lucrative new five-year contract extension in late 2022 which starts next year but is currently in the last year of his existing deal worth around $600,000 a season.
The Herald Sun can reveal that five-year deal is worth well over $1 million a year and even has scope to hit $1.2 million if he ticks off every games-based and best-and-fairest clause.
even has scope to hit $1.2 million if he ticks off every games-based and best-and-fairest clause.

Category: Miscellany

Title: Fun facts (or how I like to push the agenda of players I personally like)

In 2024 we went 12 wins 1 draw 10 losses.

With Alex Pearce playing we went 9,1 and 5. For the sake of ease I'm calling a draw half a win so 9.5/15 gives us 63% with him playing. Without AP we had 3 wins and 5 losses. That's 37.5%.

But wait. There's more:

With Sean 71%
Without Sean 36%

With both Sean and Alex 69%
Kind of makes sense, we were better with them obviously.

Lets spice things up a bit and look at Josh Treacy.
With Josh 62.5%
Without Josh 0%

Woahh dude!
Does that mean what I think it means?

From this we can draw the following conclusions. Cant win without Treacy. Treacy should be first picked. No-one should say a bad word about Treacy.

Lets have a look at a couple more.
With James Aish 62.5%
Without 0%

With Bailey Banfield 57%
Without Bailey 0%

We can therefore apply the same conclusions from Treacy to Bailey and Aish. Can't win without them. They should never be dropped and no-one should say a bad word about them.

apparently we are hunting for a manger of development.

i would like to nominate adam simpson. best talent available. lives here. friends with jamie graham and JLO

apparently we are hunting for a manger of development.

i would like to nominate adam simpson. best talent available. lives here. friends with jamie graham and JLO
I’d love Simpson at the club, not sure if that’s the role though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back