MRP / Trib. 2024 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

He picks up the ball. Feels Boyd coming then ducks into the tackle. It’s questionable whether it should have been a free kick let alone reported.

The fact that BT went off about it tells you everything. And was Ling who said he got low because he was picking up the ball? He already had the ball!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Quote from the article is slightly presumptive, "It means he will miss Carlton's game against Greater Western Sydney on Saturday night".

It means we will challenge and once again prove the worthlessness of the afl match review office. Dude honestly shouldn't see out the season if he's rewarding players for ducking their heads in the current climate.

What pisses me off is we put an article on the website stating we have until tomorrow to appeal. Should've been included in the article that we will, no thought required.

Not surprising with Michael Christian at the helm. Rewarding players with a free kick for ducking their head is bad enough. To then suspend the opposition player is farcical. Needs to be appealed

Any Collingwood players cited this week.

:think:

In the meantime His son continues to tear it up at VFL level

He picks up the ball. Feels Boyd coming then ducks into the tackle. It’s questionable whether it should have been a free kick let alone reported.

The fact that BT went off about it tells you everything. And was Ling who said he got low because he was picking up the ball? He already had the ball!

We were all pissed off that it was given a free at the ground!

Last edited:

Yep. and when the replay came up on the big screen and the crowd started booing because he obviously ducked... BT was implying the crowd were booing because of the high contact... absolute clown show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unconscionable.

What Michael Christian has done here is give all AFL players carte blanche to risk their heads without repercussion. From this point - if this is allowed to stand - Michael Christian is personally responsible for each and every concussion, neck injury, and other ailment from any similar circumstance as this here - a status quo in which not only is a player rewarded for ducking into oncoming contact, but the opposition team is compromised in subsequent weeks for it - because this is a status quo he has created.

Boyd was already moving, and already close. Mansell collected the ball, saw him coming, and at the last minute chose to duck and take the contact on the crown of his head. Boyd cannot stop moving; he cannot prevent contact from happening, so what does he do? He turns from side on as much as he can, raises his arms and slows as much as he can, cognisant that he is less than a metre away and there was no way to avoid hitting him.

If you are going to suspend Boyd for doing everything he can to prevent injury, what incentive is there for players to attempt to reduce injury in those collisions?

Get the lawyers out. Get the personal injury lawyers out. There's going to be an absolute field day on the AFL in 15-20 years.

Get rid of the Filth influence at HQ and the AFL will be a damn sight better off.

This is beyond a joke.

Kane Cornes is saying what Mansell has done is absolutely ridiculous
Carlton will challenge
If anything mansell should be fined for ducking …

Thanks Kane

Forceful front on contact?!?! Which part of Boyd's body was meant to have made contact to his head?

When you go through the footage frame by frame, Boyd has gone to make the tackle, and the Richmond bloke ducked into it after picking the ball up. His head actually doesn't make contact to any part of Boyd's body.

When I first saw it, I thought the Richmond bloke ducked but Boyd ran in and elected to bump - which is a suspension without any argument if you contact the head. But you can clearly see in the vision that Boyd actually tried to tackle, and the other bloke's head ducked underneath Boyd's torso. Technically it wasn't even a free kick, let alone a report.

1719819424766.png 1719820602421.png

When I first saw it, I thought he could go, but with Mansell turning in, ducking, and Boyd already having momentum, couldn't avoid that impact

I think we appeal and he gets off, purely based on the level of impact that should be downgraded from medium to low
i have no idea how anyone at any stage thought he could go... an absolute act of stupidity from Mansell...

Get rid of the Filth influence at HQ and the AFL will be a damn sight better off.

This is beyond a joke.
It's a ****en joke alright but I'm not one surprised..
This Christian character has been hammering us since he sat down years ago..
And what gets me that it's so obvious he cheats and yet looks after the golden children that deserve to be charged..

When I first saw it, I thought he could go, but with Mansell turning in, ducking, and Boyd already having momentum, couldn't avoid that impact

I think we appeal and he gets off, purely based on the level of impact that should be downgraded from medium to low
Totally gets off based on impact.

Boyd also had his arms down for the ball - made more contact with his arms - if anything protecting the oppo player.

Further to that said oppo player lowered his head into the contact contributing to the collision.

MRP always sites first & asks q's later - no doubt a league directive to protect them against future legal actions.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back