MRP / Trib. 2024 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Unconscionable.

What Michael Christian has done here is give all AFL players carte blanche to risk their heads without repercussion. From this point - if this is allowed to stand - Michael Christian is personally responsible for each and every concussion, neck injury, and other ailment from any similar circumstance as this here - a status quo in which not only is a player rewarded for ducking into oncoming contact, but the opposition team is compromised in subsequent weeks for it - because this is a status quo he has created.

Boyd was already moving, and already close. Mansell collected the ball, saw him coming, and at the last minute chose to duck and take the contact on the crown of his head. Boyd cannot stop moving; he cannot prevent contact from happening, so what does he do? He turns from side on as much as he can, raises his arms and slows as much as he can, cognisant that he is less than a metre away and there was no way to avoid hitting him.

If you are going to suspend Boyd for doing everything he can to prevent injury, what incentive is there for players to attempt to reduce injury in those collisions?

Get the lawyers out. Get the personal injury lawyers out. There's going to be an absolute field day on the AFL in 15-20 years.
New AFL strategy I've devised.

If you have the ball, just run around the field head first at all times. Either you will win a free kick, or you can run into an open goal as no-one is allowed to touch you.

I tried to take a photo and post it

Slow the replay down yourself. You can see his opponent have possession and clearly begin to rise while Boyd was still at least 2m away.

It’s not careless to expect him to continue to rise. It’s sensible. What would make him think the player would go DOWN after beginning to come UP.

He came in expecting an upright player that he would bustle out of play.

No hope of standing up.

Does anyone know where the ‘Michael Christian is a cheat’ page is?
Maynard gets off with his threatening to quit when he intentionally bumped Bradshaw. And they pull this one on us against Boyd when the player ducked straight into him and no injury. FMD seen it all now.
I would call it more, "using his body as a wrecking ball", than a "bump"

Absolute bullshit this bush league

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was in the stands we could all see that the Tiger player clearly ducked into it, if we don't challenge it we are a joke as a club. What a disgrace to report him for a clear duck, and playing for the free.

Michael Christian is a w***er, Michael Christian is a w***er. AFL has been turning into a joke, AFL is just a scam these days.

I don’t even think it should be a fine. What did Boyd do wrong? The dude headbutted him.
Shouldn't have been cited to begin with AFAIC.

But because he has, best way to get him off is to get impact downgraded to low.

Careless conduct, low impact and high contact equals a fine. I don't agree with it but at least he doesn't miss a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back