MRP / Trib. 2024 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

IMG_0511.jpeg

GSFxviWaUAQcVGv

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will the Swans take it to the AFL Appeals Board 🤔
They should take it to the Supreme Court, High Court, Privy Council, KC himself, and if that fails the Lord Almighty.
I don’t care what anyone says, I can’t believe a player has been rubbed out for an incident like that.

I don’t like what our game has become.

They should take it to the Supreme Court, High Court, Privy Council, KC himself, and if that fails the Lord Almighty.
I don’t care what anyone says, I can’t believe a player has been rubbed out for an incident like that.

I don’t like what our game has become.
You can't just recklessly throw an arm.back like that. Doesn't matter whether he wanted to get him high. He wanted to strike him. He was negligent in that action.
It's not overly dissimilar to Houli on Lamb in terms of action.
The biggest difference is the outcome of injuries, which just shows the high potential for injury and how lucky Heeney was to get a low impact grading.

Rankine's I just completely disagree with on every level. Should've been no more than 1-2.

There's an accidental head knock, he needed something. But 4 weeks for the below?! That's insane to me.

View attachment 2044127
They're trying to stop concussion.
He hit him off the ball, and as we've learned over multiple years, if you bump, you're responsible.
Given the other suspensions this year, that is so clearly a 4 weeker.

He hit him off the ball, and as we've learned over multiple years, if you bump, you're responsible.
Yep think the AFL have no choice but to give hefty suspensions now.
Courts etc...

Rankine's I just completely disagree with on every level. Should've been no more than 1-2.

There's an accidental head knock, he needed something. But 4 weeks for the below?! That's insane to me.

View attachment 2044127
Precedent was set by the Parker suspension.
Clash of heads, off the ball & the opponent goes off injured = weeks.

I think there's a clear difference though.

If you bump and your shoulder collides with the head, 4 weeks minimum. I get it.

If you bump and your shoulder hits them in the stomach...I get there's a headclash. He deserves the week or two. 4 weeks is excessive to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back