MRP / Trib. 2024 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

IMG_0511.jpeg

GSFxviWaUAQcVGv

Why even bother tackling
Exactly, two players can execute the same run down tackle and the outcome is dependent on whether the player being tackled flops or can stand up in a tackle.

May as well ban any tackle that brings a player to ground, irrespective of the outcome, as they all have the potential to hurt a player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lawyer here. Grounds 2 & 3 I can see. Don't see an error of law (though the ingenuity of counsel is ever surprising) nor manifestly excessive sanction.
I was being a bit facetious in saying “all the above”.

But it is interesting the tribunal guidelines define the charge of rough conduct as “any conduct which is unreasonable in the circumstances.”

What is unreasonable conduct.

Clearly the umpires deemed the act was a legitimate tackle and paid a free kick for incorrect disposal, and therefore considered Owies conduct was reasonable.

Maybe we should’ve asked the umpires to provide their interpretation and view of Owies’ circumstances as reasonable conduct as supporting evidence - as it seems to be at odds with the tribunal’s understanding.

I was being a bit facetious in saying “all the above”.

But it is interesting the tribunal guidelines define the charge of rough conduct as “any conduct which is unreasonable in the circumstances.”

What is unreasonable conduct.

Clearly the umpires deemed the act was a legitimate tackle and paid a free kick for incorrect disposal, and therefore considered Owies conduct was reasonable.

Maybe we should’ve asked the umpires to provide their interpretation and view of Owies’ circumstances as reasonable conduct as supporting evidence - as it seems to be at odds with the tribunal’s understanding.

You might have been being facetious but I’m not! All of the above damnit!!!!!

Fight fight fight!

We will never surrender.

Season 6 Running GIF by Better Call Saul

Zita: Carlton is being represented by Tribunal god Peter O'Farrell

Zita: The Blues will use Liam Jones' tackle on Aaron Cadman on the weekend (fined by the MRO) as part of their evidence.

O'Farrell clearly out of his depth. We all know it's Townshend who is the real brains behind our successful Tribunal appearances...sadly unavailable at this point.

Must admit I do have a laugh at these cases. Gleeson, Pane and a few others are all pretty good friends...and I can imagine the laughs that are had after some of these cases.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. 2024 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Back