MRP / Trib. 2024 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

IMG_0511.jpeg

GSFxviWaUAQcVGv

indeed.

View attachment 2094885
What did the Appeals Board find was an error of law. Assume it was the tackle was not careless conduct and the charge was incorrect?

Looks identical to Owies tackle. So it would appear there is a precedent for the club to take to the Appeals Board if it wanted to.

What did the Appeals Board find was an error of law. Assume it was the tackle was not careless conduct and the charge was incorrect?

Looks identical to Owies tackle. So it would appear there is a precedent for the club to take to the Appeals Board if it wanted to.

Thanks Robbo.

So the Tribunal stuffed up in the Bedford case by finding unreasonable conduct, but failing to make no finding about whether or not the conduct of Bedford was likely to cause injury.

Guess the Tribunal has learnt from its stuff up and made sure to take this into account in Owies case.

Thanks Robbo.

So the Tribunal stuffed up in the Bedford case by finding unreasonable conduct, but failing to make no finding about whether or not the conduct of Bedford was likely to cause injury.

Guess the Tribunal has learnt from its stuff up and made sure to take this into account in Owies case.
I think the first case decided that night was Cameron and Bedford just used the same argument when Cameron was successful.

There was a deficiency in the Tribunal’s reasoning because it didn’t take into account the rules of the game around rough conduct specifically the risk of causing injury.

The tribunal didn’t make that mistake with Matt.

The Appeals Board doesn’t rehear the case. That’s already decided. Very limited reasons for appeal. That’s why our rep argued for the good guy discount after the decision was upheld but it wasn’t successful.

Sheahan: “One thing I will say about it - and I don't know what they can do to streamline it - but how can Liam Jones get off and Matt Owes goes out for what looked to me the same thing?”

Sheahan: “I'd sit here with you and you'd say, ‘We've given Owies a week’, and then I would say, ‘Well, why didn't you give Jones a week?’.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elbow to the neck totally ignored or missed?
Just a question to anyone on here......if you get suspended for an incident in a finals match does that rule you out of the brownlow, as Crippa was reported in the game but got a fine........just wondering:think: As far as the AFL go, they totally tend to ignore incidents in the finals that players normally get suspended for during the season. I guess we should all be used to the AFL and their secret herbs & spices rule change on the run after all this time......It all comes back to another Laura Kane (AFL spin doctor) statement "just evolve". Oh, and help N.M. as much as possible AFL!!!

Just a question to anyone on here......if you get suspended for an incident in a finals match does that rule you out of the brownlow, as Crippa was reported in the game but got a fine........just wondering:think: As far as the AFL go, they totally tend to ignore incidents in the finals that players normally get suspended for during the season. I guess we should all be used to the AFL and their secret herbs & spices rule change on the run after all this time......It all comes back to another Laura Kane (AFL spin doctor) statement "just evolve". Oh, and help N.M. as much as possible AFL!!!
Rules you out for the next year

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. 2024 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Back