LIVE ON 7MATE AT 6.25 AM ON 16/9: Pittsburgh at Denver
LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AT 10.20 AM ON 16/9: Chicago at Houston
LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AT 10.15 AM ON 17/9: Atlanta at Philadelphia

LIVE ON watchESPN AT 3:00 AM on 16/9: NFL RedZone

All Games live on TAB app

NB: VIC, NSW, QLD, TAS times
less 30 mins SA, NT
less 2 hours WA

Yeah Eagles. They want to get rid of the dead weight. A 7th round pick that the eagles pass on would still be an upgrade over pickett

Miami could get a better QB for free or less.
You could find a better QB on a practice squad.
So they aren't interested is what you're saying?

If youre the Dolphins you'd think you have a good chance of pushing deep into the playoffs this season if you had an above average QB. Maybe SB window of 24 and 25.

But you're season's a wash with the likes of Skylar Thompson and Kenny Pickett backing him up. Even if you sign Ryan Tannehill. Then you probably have to blow up the tean for draft picks and rebuild before trade deadline ends this season.

Is there even a legit (let alone top shelf) starter out there available to trade for? Jameis Winston? Derek Carr? Russell Wilson? If you really want to have a final tilt or two at a SB before the window closes.

If you want potential with a still young QB....Mac Jones? Trey Lance? Dorian Thompson-Robinson? Bears won't give up Tyson Bagent i don't think.

Can't think of much else. Tom Brady out of retirement as a last gasp.

If youre the Dolphins you'd think you have a good chance of pushing deep into the playoffs this season if you had an above average QB. Maybe SB window of 24 and 25.

But you're season's a wash with the likes of Skylar Thompson and Kenny Pickett backing him up. Even if you sign Ryan Tannehill. Then you probably have to blow up the tean for draft picks and rebuild before trade deadline ends this season.

Is there even a legit (let alone top shelf) starter out there available to trade for? Jameis Winston? Derek Carr? Russell Wilson? If you really want to have a final tilt or two at a SB before the window closes.

If you want potential with a still young QB....Mac Jones? Trey Lance? Dorian Thompson-Robinson? Bears won't give up Tyson Bagent i don't think.

Mac Jones with a QB-whisperer as HC, rather than a dinosaur? I'd give it a shot.

I don't know why Browning isn't starting somewhere, he was good last season. Of all the "partial unknowns" he's the best.

Of the known quantities, you're looking at Flacco or Taylor I think. I don't think Jimmy G would be the worst shout, he wouldn't have to do a lot in this offence.

The Browns can't give up Winston, the Steelers are more likely to give up Fields than Wilson. Trey Lance might be an interesting lotto ticket as a home run thrower, but I would expect that the Dolphins think they're in a better position than to take a flyer.

You tried to sneak DTR in with that lot.

Anyone who thinks Miami is going deep into playoffs this season or superbowl bound in next 2 seasons in deluding themself. They can’t win in the cold in playoffs so need home field advantage against chiefs, ravens, bills and texans. That aint happening even if tua is healthy.
Plus there just not built for playoff football. Their offense is All speed no power. That doesn’t win close playoff games.

Anyone who thinks Miami is going deep into playoffs this season or superbowl bound in next 2 seasons in deluding themself. They can’t win in the cold in playoffs so need home field advantage against chiefs, ravens, bills and texans. That aint happening even if tua is healthy.
Plus there just not built for playoff football. Their offense is All speed no power. That doesn’t win close playoff games.
They would be better to ride out the season and get a top 10 pick for a new QB. OL also needs to work.

They are good enough to make playoffs but not good enough to do anything there

I meant the Dolphins themselves would think theyre in a small window now with the talent they have (before Tua went down), believing Tua could possibly take the next step. But if hes truly done, in their eyes, then they either go hard for a top shelf QB given that small current SB window....or....they concede and trade away and look to rebuild all over again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Miami will probably roll with Skylar the next few weeks to see what he can do with they system and workout what happens with Tua. I think they'll wait to know more before trading for alternative QBs. They've got the bye in week 6 so if Tua is going to be a long term.out or retired then they'll likely make a move around this time.

If Skylar can put together a few good performances against some good D (Sea & NE) then he may keep the keys.

Miami will probably roll with Skylar the next few weeks to see what he can do with they system and workout what happens with Tua. I think they'll wait to know more before trading for alternative QBs. They've got the bye in week 6 so if Tua is going to be a long term.out or retired then they'll likely make a move around this time.

If Skylar can put together a few good performances against some good D (Sea & NE) then he may keep the keys.
They aint going anywhere with Skylar, nor White, and even with Tua they werent. But after this latest concussion i think they realize they have to move on from him anyway and/or that he'll retire and have to move on if they were clinging to any notion that he could ever take the next step.

They have to either go hard for a new "top" QB if they dont want to give up that small window for the next year or two....or concede and start stock piling high picks for a rebuild and cap cleanse

Tua Tagovailoa (concussion) is scheduled to meet with neurologists early this week, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

After being diagnosed with a concussion following his early exit from Thursday's 31-10 loss to the Bills, Tagovailoa will seek input from neurologists regarding the severity of his latest brain injury and the cumulative effect of the ones he has suffered in the past to make the most informed decision about his playing future, according to Schefter. The quarterback had previously been diagnosed with two concussions in 2022 and took a third hit to the head that same season that prompted the NFL to alter how concussions are reported and evaluated. Tagovailoa also suffered a concussion during his final collegiate season at Alabama, meaning that he's been diagnosed with four concussions over the past five years. Dolphins head coach Mike McDaniel didn't comment on Tagovailoa's playing status moving forward, noting that he wants the quarterback to focus on his his health before discussing the possibility of a return. Skylar Thompson is the lone healthy quarterback on Miami's roster and replaced Tagovailoa in Thursday's game, though the Dolphins could explore options outside the organization if Tagovailoa requires a stint on injured reserve

I meant the Dolphins themselves would think theyre in a small window now with the talent they have (before Tua went down), believing Tua could possibly take the next step. But if hes truly done, in their eyes, then they either go hard for a top shelf QB given that small current SB window....or....they concede and trade away and look to rebuild all over again.

What top shelf qb is gettable thou ?

According to media reports, Chase was offered a 4 year $140 million contract extension with $90 million guaranteed by the Bengals. The only sticking point was when the guaranteed money kicked in. And Chase walks away from that offer when the 2 sides are that close. Not a smart business decision when 1 injury can ruin a career.
The price rarely goes down though if you can stay fit. Bengals management wouldn’t offer any other guarantees (at signing) apart from the signing bonus so Ja’Marr declined the deal.

The last thing the Bengals want is more uncertainty and hold ins from Chase leading into next season. You can already see the wasted start to this season that has resulted from the current Contract impasse.

What top shelf qb is gettable thou ?
Hence the quandary the Dolphins find themselves in right now. Season only started, and they had very high hopes with Tua (hence new contract) but now what do they do? Try to find someone who is or could be a "top shelf" option and keep trying to reach that SB window (they probably only have a two year window -- 24, 25 -- if Tua had remained and took that step)....or do they give up basically and blow it all up and rebuild?

Hence me asking the question which QBs they could possibly try to trade for -- winston, carr, mac, russ -- if they wanted to not give up that window yet. It's tricky for them now if they want to fight for that window.

Remember, beleaguered franchise, decades from playoffs, went all in for a window with Hill, Brad Chubb, etc trades while Tua rookie contract. Ross aiming to sell largish slice of franchise. Ross under fire by fans to sell completely, incompetent perception, so what do they do now?

Winston, Carr, Mac, Russ....Brady about the best option for them if it can be done. Carr or Russ otherwise. I know you and many are down on Russ, but he's not pathetic, he can still perform well enough on a loaded team and he's hungry for validation still (another ring)

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL 2024 NFL - Week 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back