NFL 2024 - Off-Season Player/Coach Updates and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

That backfired on Miami with Flores and ended up in Miami and the league getting sued.

Dont think anyone is doing a 1 year hire again anytime soon.

Texans did it twice in two years like I said on the previous page.

Not sure Dallas would be over the moon either, with most choices for DC now locked up.

Likely to promote from within rather than have the defense learn a different scheme I reckon

Likely to promote from within rather than have the defense learn a different scheme I reckon
That scheme didn't stand up real well when it counted.

Although that could be as much a culture thing as a scheme thing.

That scheme didn't stand up real well when it counted.

Although that could be as much a culture thing as a scheme thing.

Oh i agree, just thinking about it how they would, McCarthy on the hot seat, surely doesn't want growing pains with the defense or he will be fired before the half way point. I'm sure the promotion will have a few tweaks thrown in but it will stay relatively similar.

But who is left. The talk in December was if Quinn got a HC job that Al Harris will go with him as his DC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will any of the teams drafting the top 3 want to trade down they could all use upgrades at qb.

Will any of the teams drafting the top 3 want to trade down they could all use upgrades at qb.
I think the Commies could now they didnt hire an offensive coach for a haul. Roll with Howell for another year.

Rams promoted LBs coach Chris Shula to defensive coordinator.
The son of David and grandson of Don, Shula is perhaps most importantly now a scion of Sean McVay. The Dolphins had been circling for their DC opening as they look to replace Vic Fangio. Still only 37 years old, Shula has been with McVay since the beginning in Los Angeles, so it’s a continuity combined with upside hire. Like Brandon Staley and Raheem Morris before him, Shula comes into the job with a high floor because of perennial All-Pro game-wrecker Aaron Donald. The problem, as always, for McVay is that Shula will get poached immediately if he experiences any level of success. His fancy last name doesn’t hurt, either.

Al Harris looks like hes staying then aussiedude
KPRC2’s Aaron Wilson reports the Commanders are “expected to hire” Cowboys passing game coordinator Joe Whitt as their defensive coordinator.
Whitt joined Quinn and the Cowboys in 2021, and was also on Quinn’s staff in 2020 during his time as Atlanta’s head coach. Whitt has coached in the NFL since 2007, spending time as a defensive backs coach, cornerbacks coach, and passing game coordinator. This season will Mark Whitt’s first as a defensive coordinator, but his familiarity with Quinn should make for an easy transition to his new role

Patriots promoted DL coach DeMarcus Covington to defensive coordinator.
Although he has been with the Patriots since 2017, Covington is only 34 years old. Along with defensive-minded new head coach Jerod Mayo, Covington will set about the monumental task of replacing the greatest defensive mind of the 21st century, Bill Belichick. The Pats have decent defensive personnel, but it had remained Belichick who stirred the drink.

Albert Breer reports the Seahawks have requested permission to interview Lions passing-game coordinator Tanner Engstrand for their offensive coordinator vacancy.
With OC Ben Johnson remaining in Motown, the league is now trying to raid the rest of the staff. 41-year-old Engstrand had never coached at the NFL level before joining Dan Campbell’s staff in 2021. He was last an offensive coordinator in 2011-12 for the NCAA’s San Diego. It’s a similar experience level to new ‘Hawks coach Mike Macdonald, whom Engstrand has never coached with but likely knows through their mutual Harbaugh connections. It would be an intriguing hire.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL 2024 - Off-Season Player/Coach Updates and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back