2024 Offseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Knowledgable posters of basketball.

I invite you to contribute and enjoy the basketball during and in the

2024 Paris Olympic Games basketball thread (XXXIII Olympiad)

Last edited by a moderator:
JJ Reddick as the Lakers coach is objectively funny.

I'm sorry, it just is.
It's high risk and not totally sure i rate it but i do applaud teams looking for new blood and not just chasing the same old used up duds that keep walking in to jobs (Looking at you Doc Rivers)

Westbrook's game is based on hyper athleticism and speed. Trying to base your game around that when you're not hyper athletic or fast seems like a bad idea to me.
Hyper athleticism and speed got him a MVP, his playing style of getting a rebound and bringing the ball up the court to lead the offence at a faster pace isn’t exclusive to that. Doncic regularly attacks the defensive board to bring the ball up and he isn’t hyper athletic or speedy for example.

It’s a change from not grabbing the board and then having to play off the ball too much

Rather than mock draft I have decided to give tier list for this years draft

Tier 1:
1. Alexandre Sarr
2. Donovan Clingan
3. Reed Sheppard
4. Nikola Topic
5. Devin Carter

Tier 2:
6. Zaccharie Risacher
7. Stephon Castle
8. Zach Edey
9. DaRon Holmes
10. Ryan Dunn

Tier 3:
11. Dalton Knecht
12. Rob Dillingham
13. Jared mcCain
14. Kel'el Ware
15. Kyle Filipowski
16. Yves Missi
17. Johnny Furphy
18. Tyler Kolek
19. Baylor Scheierman
20. Terrence Shannon jr
21. Jalen Bridges
22. Isaiah Crawford

Tier 4:
23. Matas Buzelis
24. Cody Williams
25. Ron Holland
26. JaKobe Walker
27. Tristan da Silva
28. Carlton Carrington
29. Jaylon Tyson
30, Kevin mcCullar
31. Harrison Ingram
32. Dillon Jones
33. KJ Simpson
34. Jamal Shead
35. Cam Spencer
36. Tristan Newton

Tier 5:
37. Tidjane Salaun
38. Isaiah Collier
39. KyShawn George
40. Tyler Smith
41. Jonathan Mogbo
42. Ajay Mitchell
43. Trey Alexander
44. Keshad Johnson
45. Reece beekman
45. Antonio Reeves
46. Nfaly Dante
47. Enrique Freeman'
48. Jesse Edwards
49. Bobi Klintman
50. Justin Edwards
51. Pelle Larsson
52. Cam Christie
53. Oso Ighadaro
54. PJ Hall
55. Jaylen Wells
56. Judah Mintz
57. Quinten Post
58. Zyon Pullin
59. Bronny James
60. Kwame Evans

Last edited:
JJ Reddick as the Lakers coach is objectively funny.

I'm sorry, it just is.

I understand that, and kinda sorta agree on a mere chuckle level. But Redick has a good basketball mind.

Whether that can possibly translate to an NBA head coach level, with the strong personalities and expectations involved, remains to be seen.

Basketball knowledge and feel are only a small part of the coaching requirements, particularly with a storied franchise like the Lakers. Not to mention the high and often unrealistic expectations from the fanbase...

I still like to see some new blood around.

Hyper athleticism and speed got him a MVP, his playing style of getting a rebound and bringing the ball up the court to lead the offence at a faster pace isn’t exclusive to that. Doncic regularly attacks the defensive board to bring the ball up and he isn’t hyper athletic or speedy for example.

It’s a change from not grabbing the board and then having to play off the ball too much

Westbrook getting a lot of rebounds at 6 foot 3 and then racing it up the floor has nothing to do with athleticism and speed?

Then you compared him to Doncic.

Maybe he shouldn't model his game on MVP type players when he's not a MVP type player.

I understand that, and kinda sorta agree on a mere chuckle level. But Redick has a good basketball mind.

Whether that can possibly translate to an NBA head coach level, with the strong personalities and expectations involved, remains to be seen.

Basketball knowledge and feel are only a small part of the coaching requirements, particularly with a storied franchise like the Lakers. Not to mention the high and often unrealistic expectations from the fanbase...

I still like to see some new blood around.
It feels like a bad move going into an aging Lebron team as your first gig.

But in saying that he was doing very well in the media space so he’s certainly got that to fall back on if the coaching doesn’t pan out.

Westbrook getting a lot of rebounds at 6 foot 3 and then racing it up the floor has nothing to do with athleticism and speed?

Then you compared him to Doncic.

Maybe he shouldn't model his game on MVP type players when he's not a MVP type player.
Who should he model his game on ? Maybe someone like Corey Joseph in your eyes ?

It feels like a bad move going into an aging Lebron team as your first gig.

Buss Family Trust setting Redick up as the fall guy? Hmmm...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The NBA is so damn fun man, days after the NBA finals and we are seeing moves like this!

That is a huge huge cost but he will be great for them. Less of an offensive load so he can go back to being a menace defensively.

Brunson/Hart/Bridges/OG/Randle/IHart/Diven/Robinson is pretty stacked!

That is going to be one of the most fun defensive teams to watch in a long time

He is not worth 7 picks lmao.

I know the knicks have a horde of picks but still nets just fleeced them.
They are getting a 2nd back so if you take out the two swaps it is 5 firsts, it is a big overpay but it is the sort of move you make to contend. Knicks/Celtics will be so good to watch next year. Tatum/Brown/White are so damn good and seeing them match up against the Defensive wings of OG and Bridges will be must watch.

He is not worth 7 picks lmao.

I know the knicks have a horde of picks but still nets just fleeced them.

Knicks traded 2025, 2027, 2029 and 2031 unprotected 1sts

Jalen Brunson is 27
Julius Randle is 29
Mikal Bridges is 28

all these guys will be mid 30s for those latter two years of 1st round picks.

It's a massive all-in/overpay for the Knicks... but I don't think it brings them relatively close to getting over the top of Boston still?

He's good, but Bridges is older than the Jays and has never been an all-star or made any sort of all-NBA team.

Knicks traded 2025, 2027, 2029 and 2031 unprotected 1sts

Jalen Brunson is 27
Julius Randle is 29
Mikal Bridges is 28

all these guys will be mid 30s for those latter two years of 1st round picks.

It's a massive all-in/overpay for the Knicks... but I don't think it brings them relatively close to getting over the top of Boston still?

He's good, but Bridges is older than the Jays and has never been an all-star or made any sort of all-NBA team.
Bridges is the 3rd/4th option on the Knicks, he does not need to be comparable to the Jays. He is more in the Jrue/White level which i think he is capable of playing. I think the Celtics are deserved favourites still, gotta respect what they have accomplished but they are building a really strong team and team that is built to be able to got toe to toe with those great wings the Celtics have.

Spurs with 2 firsts and 2 seconds - be interested to see if they try to trade up to #1

Horrible year to do that. No consesus top pick, teams will have completely different ratings of players.

The talk has been that this is like a normal draft but if you took the first 3-7 players out.

I think it’s much smarter to have multiple high picks than one high pick when it’s such a lottery.

I think trading those 2 seconds to push up the order makes sense. I’m really hoping they target furphy. Think it’s a dream scenario for him to land there and he’s also a great fit for them.

I like it for the Knicks, let’s be honest they are terrible at drafting anyways, at least the Knicks fans are going to be excited just hope OG resigns for em

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Offseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back