2024 Offseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Knowledgable posters of basketball.

I invite you to contribute and enjoy the basketball during and in the

2024 Paris Olympic Games basketball thread (XXXIII Olympiad)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think PG would better be suited in Philly imo.

They can also offer him the max and would have a better shot in the east than the west.
In a way yes, but in PG3s mind do you think he wants to play 3rd fiddle on offense?

Only players I see joining Philly are ones who are okay to play off the ball in reality . Id say Caldwell-Pope definetly going to 76ers and feel Miles Bridges will head that way too

As much as lebron has his detractors, in many cases rightly so, in many cases inherent bias or intolerance, what you posted is as you say crazy.

When everyone steps back, we are all seeing something unique. When was the last time everyone was OUTRAGED or LOSING THEIR MINDS about a 2nd round draft pick? This will give second rounders in the future some confidence.

As much as lebron has his detractors, in many cases rightly so, in many cases inherent bias or intolerance, what you posted is as you say crazy.

When everyone steps back, we are all seeing something unique. When was the last time everyone was OUTRAGED or LOSING THEIR MINDS about a 2nd round draft pick? This will give second rounders in the future some confidence.
Detractors are just weird units as opposed to sitting in some rightfully so camp

If you want to judge somone based on their personality, you can go watch Keeping up with Kardashians instread of the NBA really. All you should be doing as a basketball fan is stat reading and game watching

Do those 2 things and its obvious he is the GOAT

Dallas pulled of a ripper getting rid of Hardaway while getting Grimes back. For Pistons its a may as well situation since they got salary room and no one to spend it on, but for Dallas its a very good move

Murray trade 100% means the end of Ingram. Assuming a trade is lined up somewhere for a C. For Atlanta that is a great trade. Daniels a much better fit next to Young then Murray was. Nance Jnr to me seems a bad fit but he could be flipped from here still. Could see OKC having interest

Trying to figure out where Ingram is going and part of me thinks its to Chicago for Vucevic. Fits in salary wise and only C available that way
Please for the love of god don’t let jt be Philly

Options closing for 76ers. Feels like they are all in on PG3 but i cant see PG wanting that move. He will not get enough shots or be big enough part of the game with Maxey/Embiid at the helm. Atleast at GSW he is only 2nd to Curry

Getting down to the likes of DeRozan, Bridges, Caldwell-Pope, Klay, D'Lo as the options which isnt too fantastic really
I think he is looking to get paid, he will have a good role wherever he ends up.

I think he is looking to get paid, he will have a good role wherever he ends up.
Cannot for the life of me understand guys like this. Has earned more money than he could ever spend but wants to prioritise getting paid over getting a ring

I genuinely do hope players like this look back on their careers with deep regret

Cannot for the life of me understand guys like this. Has earned more money than he could ever spend but wants to prioritise getting paid over getting a ring

I genuinely do hope players like this look back on their careers with deep regret
I totally agree, the money they earn is so ridiculous they could leave a little on the table and never notice the difference and give themself a shot at success. But they never do it, I think it’s an ego thing as much as anything.

Eh I don't mind the trade. Overall it's about a net loss of a 1st rounder. If Dyson is a high level defender that will fill an immediate need of a big defensive guard plus hopefully scoring upside. JJ becomes the 2nd option ... we add Risacher.

I also get to cheer against the Lakers all season long. They are on the precipice of giving us a nice lottery pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

face crying GIF

He has plenty of money, more wont change that. He wont have a ring though, surely thats the priority despite it being a job?

Taking less money doesn't guarantee a ring. There's plenty of all time greats that can attest.

Taking more money guarantees having more money.

And taking a pay cut will only increase your chances slightly. Take $10M less a year and increase your odds from 5% to 8% doesn't seem worth it.

Harden took a $14M pay cut and that didn't go so well. Looking back I'm sure he'd rather the $14M.

Last edited:
That was gold from Halliburton and Brunson today. Halliburton a good sport really playing up to the MSG Crowd as a bad guy. The Pacers visiting Knicks games will be a great atmosphere.

Quite interesting.
Great for young Murray. You should be excited.

Not so young anymore. Same draft as Siakam and Buddy Hield.

Does fit our timeline from an age perspective though.

Murray trade 100% means the end of Ingram. Assuming a trade is lined up somewhere for a C. For Atlanta that is a great trade. Daniels a much better fit next to Young then Murray was. Nance Jnr to me seems a bad fit but he could be flipped from here still. Could see OKC having interest

There will be a dozen teams interested in Nance. Very solid rotation big on an expiring contract.

Trying to figure out where Ingram is going and part of me thinks its to Chicago for Vucevic. Fits in salary wise and only C available that way

Oh God no. We just tried that with Valanciunas, and he was cheaper.

Zion is such an unusual player that we always needed a Myles Turner/prime Brook Lopez type centre next to him. We tried Adams who was a bad fit offensively, and Val who is a bad fit defensively.

I don't know where we turn for a big, but Vuc is a huge no-no.

Quickley getting 175 mill over 5 years seems crazy to me. Toronto could have held firm and gotten him on more like 4/100 mill which is his actual worth

Was always going to happen. People always get surprised by inflation. Actually it's dual inflation, medium fish in a small free agent pond inflation, in addition to the more traditional exploding cap inflation.

This is part of the reason why the Knicks made the Anunoby trade. He's making $42 mil, but now Quickley and Barrett are pulling down a combined $63 million.

Depends on how you rate Dyson Daniels mostly. I think he is alot better then people wanna give credit for. I see him shining at Atlanta

V. good defensively. Offensively needs a LOT of work, and a shot of confidence too. Very reticent/passive.

Eh I don't mind the trade. Overall it's about a net loss of a 1st rounder. If Dyson is a high level defender that will fill an immediate need of a big defensive guard plus hopefully scoring upside. JJ becomes the 2nd option ... we add Risacher.

I also get to cheer against the Lakers all season long. They are on the precipice of giving us a nice lottery pick.

I am going to miss death-riding the Lakers.

But let's be honest, I death-ride the Lakers regardless anyway.

I am going to miss death-riding the Lakers.

But let's be honest, I death-ride the Lakers regardless anyway.

L.A. fans are used to this, only been happening for decades.

I have this nagging feeling that we're going to knock on Portland's door re. Ayton. Probably angling for some kind of three-team trade. We almost certainly shouldn't, but we're crazy enough to do something that insane.

L.A. fans are used to this, only been happening for decades.

peternorth will testify to this too, but luckily he's a stoic who never loses his cool or his dignity. He just takes the high road and advocates for priority picks.

Clips could win a chip as constructed, but it is relying on stars aligning on the injury front. Seems more and more unlikely as the years go on.
I dont think PG3 is staying.

I expect though they have something else lined up.

When I actually think harder and more logically, surely Demar DeRozan joins now? Back home + with a contender. If DeRozan signs for 2/45 or the like it will give them salary to then keep Harden too quite easily

I have this nagging feeling that we're going to knock on Portland's door re. Ayton. Probably angling for some kind of three-team trade. We almost certainly shouldn't, but we're crazy enough to do something that insane.

peternorth will testify to this too, but luckily he's a stoic who never loses his cool or his dignity. He just takes the high road and advocates for priority picks.
Well its either Vuc or Ayton. Who else could it possibly be?

Portland with Ayton/RWIII/Clingan have a bit too much at the C spot.

I could see something like Ingram to Warriors, Ayton to New Orleans, Wiggins + picks to Portland

If Warriors moving on from Klay they got something brewing

Well its either Vuc or Ayton. Who else could it possibly be?

Portland with Ayton/RWIII/Clingan have a bit too much at the C spot.

I could see something like Ingram to Warriors, Ayton to New Orleans, Wiggins + picks to Portland

If Warriors moving on from Klay they got something brewing

There are other options. We have been linked to Jarrett Allen, although I doubt Cleveland are dealing him and I'm not sure he's the right fit with Zion either. Clint Capela, ditto.

I wouldn't mind taking Day'Ron Sharpe and Cam Johnson off Brooklyn's hands, but I don't see much in it for them.

Wendell Carter has also been suggested, but that prospect doesn't thrill me either.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Offseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back