2024 Offseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Knowledgable posters of basketball.

I invite you to contribute and enjoy the basketball during and in the

2024 Paris Olympic Games basketball thread (XXXIII Olympiad)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lakers trying to get their own version of Brad Stevens tbh

Or their own Rick Pitino? :p

Doubt it has much to do with Stevens in all seriousness. They tried to hire Coach K after Phil Jackson left the first time. Hiring a college coach is not exactly novel. No idea if it'll work, but they would be wise/are wise to seek a coach for life beyond LeBron.

Or their own Rick Pitino? :p

Pitino caught a rasher of shit he really didn't deserve, but when you associate with goofballs, don't be surprised when one bounces off your face.

The coach who has gotten away with murder remains Calipari. Always one step ahead of NCAA sanctions... screwed up two programs prior to Kentucky. And managed to coach the Nets in between!

Doubt it has much to do with Stevens in all seriousness. They tried to hire Coach K after Phil Jackson left the first time. Hiring a college coach is not exactly novel. No idea if it'll work, but they would be wise/are wise to seek a coach for life beyond LeBron.

The Lakers went balls-deep trying to score Krzyzewski at Kobe's prompt; due to K's great relationship with Team USA.

Personally speaking, I was glad Coach K stayed with Duke. But I would have been pleased either way... my non-Laker fan Duke friends, not so much.

Pitino caught a rasher of shit he really didn't deserve, but when you associate with goofballs, don't be surprised when one bounces off your face.

Gave Travis Knight a seven year contract. DeClerq a five year deal. Traded him for Potapenko and gave him six years.

No wonder Billie King was able to hide in plain sight for so many years.

Anyone else excited for the upcoming draft? Probably the most interesting draft in many years given the rumours around 5-6 names that could go 1 and the amount of teams that might trade down.

Least interesting draft cause of the lack of any players who are going to impact the league in any way. Ie there’s no players that we can see are going to be franchise changing players.

Looks like a draft where the best hope teams have is finding that 4th-7th option role player to fill out a roster.

At least from what I understand anyway.

My interest in it comes from

1. Seeing what spurs do and can they unearth someone to build around wemby

2. Where Furphy is going and is going to fit and do they keep him or stash him?

3. Matas buzelis , as someone with ties to Lithuanian community and also as he’s one interesting player with a bit of unknown upside

4. Which one (if any) of the pg / sg prospects turn into a genuine player in the league. There’s quite a few of them all with question marks. I guess one of them will work out to be a gun, which one?

5. Do any of the teams manage to turn any of this years picks into promising picks for next years draft?

6. What does okc do to try to improve that team.

Last edited:
Klay testing free agency. Can't help but feel any team that actually pays him is just hindering team development for the duration of that contract. Whatever he provides could be achieved with a cheaper player, especially if he gets multiple years on the deal

Klay testing free agency. Can't help but feel any team that actually pays him is just hindering team development for the duration of that contract. Whatever he provides could be achieved with a cheaper player, especially if he gets multiple years on the deal
Depends where he ends up and the amount of $$$. He is still a valuable NBA player on the right deal.

Anyone else excited for the upcoming draft? Probably the most interesting draft in many years given the rumours around 5-6 names that could go 1 and the amount of teams that might trade down.

It might be one of the most traded up / down draft nights in history.

I look at the top 15 and so many are PG or combo G. Anyone who has either size or athleticism has to develop another skill to get to the 2nd or 3rd option on a team. Eg Sarr is not a 5, he has to shoot 3s, Risacher has to score off the dribble/iso, Reed Sheppard is the best shooter but is not really a NBA level PG, a more talented Payton Prichard type. Clingan is a big dude and moves pretty well for a white guy but would he start over a fading Clint Capella if we took him? Is he white Rudy Gobert or an Ivica Subac? Some of the better 'prototypes' ended up in G league and how do you rate them since they performed so badly the team was cancelled.

I predict Risacher the safest bet for quality. But if Sarr can become at least pretty good at the fundamentals you'd have a 7ft wing which allows for a lot of roster versatility.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, but did you win the IST?

No, but we won all of our titles in the same city. We don't have to include any banners from before a relocation.

Also, we have 9 finals wins against the Lakers. Hahahaha.

Don’t particularly rate the guy insanely highly but think Bogdan Bogdanovic is the player for Dallas to target this off season . 3 point shooter who can move the ball and defend a bit.

OKC should be looking at him too.

The Bucks really got screwed over by Woj on that one. Could have had him, or kept DiVincenzo, ended up with neither.

**** Boston, time to see what moves the Lakers do to land 18.

Sportsmanship mandates that fans be both good winners, and good losers.

Congrats to the Celtics on their championship.

Despite all the changes wrought in the NBA over the years, I still mentally rank it as:

# of Lakers banners vs. # of Celtics banners

grumble, gripe

Despite all the changes wrought in the NBA over the years, I still mentally rank it as:

grumble, gripe
I don’t think sportsmanship applies on BF.

grumble, gripe
I’ve chosen to be a sore loser on BigFooty 😛.

Congrats Boston. 🤮

Depends where he ends up and the amount of $$$. He is still a valuable NBA player on the right deal.
Bro has 4 rings, will be in the hall of fame, guernsey retired and hung in the rafters possible statue outside of the oracle.

He is going after the money, whoever offers the most.

Bro has 4 rings, will be in the hall of fame, guernsey retired and hung in the rafters possible statue outside of the oracle.

He is going after the money, whoever offers the most.
Has also earned 266 million just through contracts, not like he hasn’t been well paid. I’m sure he wants to get paid, I just hope he can find a middle ground. It would suck to see him waste his last years of productive basketball being paid stupid money on a lottery team.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Offseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back