News 2024 Paris Olympics

Remove this Banner Ad

No doubt. I saw on the news this morning that two of their female swimmers have tested positive and their swimming association has blamed it on their importation of Australian beef. Absolute cheats!
Long-time excuse for those testing positive. Dean Capobianco did it back in the 90s, IIRC.

She doesn't quite have the high profile of some of her team mates (yet), but Meg Harris is a ripper, think she might be in both the 50m and 100m freestyle for individual honors, as a daughter of a shinboner, go get 'em
Great pick up - thanks for sharing. Did not know that (and I remember Darren her dad in the 80's) :thumbsu:

She doesn't quite have the high profile of some of her team mates (yet), but Meg Harris is a ripper, think she might be in both the 50m and 100m freestyle for individual honors, as a daughter of a shinboner, go get 'em
Speaking of which, Finnbar Maley's sister Anneli is representing Australia in the 3x3 basketball.

I don't know how she didn't get a crack at the 100m before Shayna Jack at least, in the relay she anchored, swam the fastest 100m of all of them, hope she is in the 50m.
She definitely would have been competitive in the form she seems to be in - unfortunately she came third in the trials on the 100m behind O'Callaghan and Jack and that was that.

She is however swimming the 50m individual I believe (she came second behind Jack in the trials) so will be good to watch her there.

Not sure what to make of the Algerian boxer who’s intersex or pretending to be to appease her homeland and be able to compete in the Olympics.

Fundamentally….biological men shouldn’t be boxing biological women.

But I don’t know what the truth is with the athlete in question.

Not sure what to make of the Algerian boxer who’s intersex or pretending to be to appease her homeland and be able to compete in the Olympics.

Destroyed the first opponent, second one quits.

Interesting to see if the next opponents do the same.

Intersex isn't male.

That boxer looks like someone I knew who was genuinely intersex - ie neither male nor female biologically.

Re the bolded. Yeah ****en oath. I don't even know where to begin on how wrong that is.

Intersex is so tricky. I wonder what they put on her birth certificate? They usually have to choose one gender at birth.

If the boxer has lived her life as a girl and woman, then denying her the opportunity to compete in the Olympic would be brutally harsh and discriminatory. It's not like she's trans.

Last edited:
Intersex is so tricky. I wonder what they put on her birth certificate? They usually have to choose one gender at birth.

If the boxer has lived her life as a girl and woman, then denying her the opportunity to compete in the Olympic would be brutally harsh and discriminatory. It's not like she's trans.
Its pretty ****en difficult.

Years ago i went to a lecture by an intersex person who gave a lecture about it. "She" (at that point she IDed as a woman, but that story in itself was a bit messed up - ie her life fitting neither category properly) was 36 and the oldest intersex person in Australia. Most were dead by their own hand by the time the early 20s. This was in the late 90s so she would have been born in the mid 60s. Very messed up time to be alive like that.

Her life was doctors, then her parents making decisions about who she was, surgery, other shit like hormones/drugs etc etc It would have been a nightmare.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She is listed as female and born as a female.

Saw this image posted under one of the stories:

Khelif.jpeg

What’s the probability of something like this happening?

And if that info is accurate do you still allow the athlete to compete against other women?

It’s a conundrum.
something like what happening?

She's a talented woman boxing other women. That Italian competitor who stepped down because she got a punch in the nose and bled is hilarious. You wonder if she picked the wrong sport?

A long time ago, when I was postying in Frankston South, I had a young Ellie Cole chasing me up the court she lived in to excitedly tell me that she was going to Queensland on holiday for the 1st time. She must've been 8 or 9 I reckon. She's the poolside interviewer.

It’s a disgrace

It sucks for her/him, but lots of people born with health issues can’t compete in the Olympics

something like what happening?

She's a talented woman boxing other women. That Italian competitor who stepped down because she got a punch in the nose and bled is hilarious. You wonder if she picked the wrong sport?

That’s pretty disrespectful, have you ever got in the ring?

Carini fought her way into the Olympics and would have taken many, many punches in the nose but then had to fight someone who has the strength of a man.

Should never have been allowed. Period. Boxing and other combat sports are not like athletics, or other sports, there’s a huge difference, your opponent can literally kill you.

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2024 Paris Olympics

Remove this Banner Ad

Back