Autopsy 2024 Rd 0 - Harry kicks the winner vs Lions

Who played well for the Blues vs the Lions in Round 0?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So you didn't watch the Freo game when we were down by 70 points at half time lol 😆 😂 🤔
That my first time..
Last night I reckon I was a few minutes away from hitting the red button on the remote 😅 😳
sat through it, never leave early - ever............

I'm not sure how or if Im meant to respond to this.

Info doesn't come from the medicos.

Therefore I guess is fallible. People at the club clearly on a high and thought the best.

On game night / in the action clearly wasn't a clear cut case.
wouldn't worry about it - now we're winning, cm hasn't got much..............

What a come back.

Would prefer a more even game but the players should get a lot of belief out of that one.

Some notables for me:

Jack Carroll: Belongs at the level and we have another mid option for rotations, good game young fella.

Harry: not for goals (which would have been great for his confidence )but more than a handy chop out in the ruck (my brain is still saying should we be risking him there though).

Zac: glad he got through and contributed.

The midfield group: Got their s**t together and worked it out.

Salivating at Walsh, Weiters Jack M and Hollands to come in.
I remember when we were forced to drop Cas into the ruck. Got towelled up for a while, then he got used to it. He’s just got watch out for w***er rucks leading with their knee aimed at his knee.

Some thoughts I had watching some not all of the game. Don’t hate me - I’m a new dad!

• TDK looked elite. A true threat in the ruck. Pitt will be hard placed to get a game with that standard
  • Boyd’s kicking is the best in our team. Just delightful delivery
  • Orazio is such a good pick up - doesn’t do heaps but has composure and that silk/danger in delivery we’ve missed for year.
  • Big H - welcome back son. We’ve missed ya Goalkicking.

Go baggers.
We hit the finals last year and suddenly TDK arced up. I think he’s put in a lot of work with Tractor learning how to be a mobile ruckman who isn’t a witches hat after the bounce. And it shows.

We hit the finals last year and suddenly TDK arced up. I think he’s put in a lot of work with Tractor learning how to be a mobile ruckman who isn’t a witches hat after the bounce. And it shows.
I dunno how only 75% had him in the votes. He was massive.

My match preview wasn’t bad. Even if I say so myself 🤔

Why we will Win

Contested Ball - Our game plan keeps us in it against anybody. That is proven and in tough humid conditions it really helps

The Key will be everyone contributing and taking advantage of goal scoring opportunities

Midfield depth - Brisbane have some class but we bat deep. Cripps Kennedy Hewett Cerra Docherty is our core but it's the value minutes of Cuningham Fogarty Cottrell Carroll will mean we never drop off with pressure. I love the Carroll addition

Acres & Hollands is as good a wing combination as there is in the AFL.

TDK - He is ready to become a top leverl ruck. Being the main ruck will suit him

McKay - Being 2nd ruck will make him better. He needs to be involved, is a great athlete that will make us better and will still kick as many goals. I expect a big year from him.

Williams - What a story and loved by the players. His presence will really lift us let alone him being an A grade player. His combination with Boyd Saad Newman is as good as any

Pre season - Forget the 2 practice games. It was about miles in the legs. We have had a great pre season and are ready

It won't be pretty but who cares. Blues by 23 points

I really like Jack but pace isn’t a strength of his. He is an inside in and under player
Agree he doesn’t have pace as a strength, but he’s quick enough to apply pressure in areas that Kennedy or even a Hewett can’t

Honestly this sounds really brutal but I like Carroll coming in for Doc, as we need to start looking into the future

Just watching the replay, Acres, Fogarty!
They are elite competitors, they drag you back from the jaws of defeat.
Mr. Lewis has made an argument for that position.
Cerra is a unicorn.
This Carroll kid, I didn’t pick that, thought he had ‘something’, a performance like that though.
I think coming off the timber for a bit might help his growth, nah, * it, give him a full game versus the Tiges!
Kemp was a level above, he has a job, he does it.
ahh s**t I’m doing one of those posts.
Just a bit longer, they know their system.
Kudos to the bench!👍♥️
That's a great way to put it.
'Elite competitors'.
Blakers just shows up at crucial moments and he does that consistently. It's quite a skill! Guv does that too. And Cerra did it countless times in this match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i dont think we can underestimatre acres impact during the momentum shift in second half of the 2Q...

he was banging crashing his body around...

i think he really helps cripps in this regard - cant believe we picked him up so cheaply and almost perfect timing in regard to us now being genuine flag favourites since second half of last season

Since arriving Acres has been incredible. Great recruiting

Another unsung hero who can help fill Docherty's void is Jordan Boyd. He really has found his spot out of the backlines

16 disposals
14 kicks at 92 percent kicking efficency
13 effective kicks
3 tackles
4 intercepts
5 rebound 50's
5 spoils
14 defensive half pressure acts
6 one percenters

Another unsung hero who can help fill Docherty's void is Jordan Boyd. He really has found his spot out of the backlines

16 disposals
14 kicks at 92 percent kicking efficency
13 effective kicks
3 tackles
4 intercepts
5 rebound 50's
5 spoils
14 defensive half pressure acts
6 one percenters

Yep. Love this kid. His run and kicking add so much. Just a bloody good footballer

Carroll was outstanding but what will really help him is (maybe unlike Dow) he seems like the type of midfielder Voss loves. The spot has opened up for him so this is his chance to grab it with some consistently good footy. Off to a great start.

Ollie really struggled but that happens. Probably his worst game for the club. I think he'll get another crack next week and hopefully he has a better game. He's got the class but he's a tad unaware of how light he is. He can't try to burst through tackles like he that.

If Harry can build on that kicking form we'll be hard to beat.

Before the game I thought if we won with so many out it would be a real statement. That statement; Premiership favourites. I hope we belt the bejezus out of richmond this week.

Thinking back, two of my absolute highlights were the kicks by cerra and Harry into the 50.

Low, penetrating and found a free target.

This generation of players has worked hard for every goal and the default has always been to kick high, long and hope for a mark or lock it in for repeat entries.

Seeing the technique and the movement to make passes like that makes the team more dangerous and importantly, less predictable.

Last edited:
Carroll was outstanding but what will really help him is (maybe unlike Dow) he seems like the type of midfielder Voss loves. The spot has opened up for him so this is his chance to grab it with some consistently good footy. Off to a great start.

As I said in pre season the key for Carroll is workrate. He is an inside worker with good hands and quick skills. He isn't quick (leg speed) or breaks lines.

The Walsh injury has given him a chance.

He was every good Friday night but this Thursday he will probably get a full game. This is different to coming on at half time fresh when others are starying to fade.

Important now that Carroll works hard for 4 quarters. That's his next challenge. He has the ability and now the body to do it.

Going forward having a BULL like Hewett Kennedy Cripps Carroll coming off the bench after half time could be a weapon and allow use to "rest" certain players during the year

Ollie really struggled but that happens. Probably his worst game for the club. I think he'll get another crack next week and hopefully he has a better game. He's got the class but he's a tad unaware of how light he is. He can't try to burst through tackles like he that.

If Harry can build on that kicking form we'll be hard to beat.

Before the game I thought if we won with so many out it would be a real statement. That statement; Premiership favourites. I hope we belt the bejezus out of richmond this week.
I tried but it just wouldn't let me put 100 likes on that!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 0 - Harry kicks the winner vs Lions

Back