Autopsy 2024 Rd 13 Blues shoot down the Bombers to move into 2nd

Who played well for the Blues in Round 13 vs the Bombers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Dekonig, Curnow, Cincotta, Hollands, Hewitt, Williams great
Best game by a Carlton Ruckman since Matthew Allan. 20+ years
Curnow, that was old style centre half fwd. The palm to williams in the last, the kick to owies in the 2nd. the kick to mckay in the 1st.

Now for the concerns. Mids need to up the level.
Walsh has lost half a step, to my eye, since the back injury.
Our midfield will get towelled by the Swans mids in a final

Im seeing Cripps and Walsh struggling with the new HTB rule, both would usually take possession, try to break free and draw a stoppage, it looks like they are just finding their feet a bit with this.

Huge props to Cowan who was sent to Martin in the last and kept him to just 1 touch.
Hello police, I would like to report a murder... yeah... Moo from Carlton just murdered Martin from Essendon.

I thought we looked real tired in the third, Essendon were pressing and we had gone in to our shell, then the start of the last TDK says follow me boys and turns it on, he was fantastic against a really experienced ruckman, fantastic game by Cincotta, who understands his role, understands how to not get sucked in to the contest and stands up when it mattered.

We have had a really tough draw, with lots of injury issues, have played some poor games, but we managed to get the results and we are now building nicely.

Elijah Hollands was fantastic too and great stuff Williams for continuing to pop up and hit the scoreboard.

Go Blues
I think we managed our players in the third and saved them for the last.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goldstein is really old and just illegally blocks the other ruckman continually. When the other ruckman tries to get around him, the umpire gives Goldstein a free. It's really weird.

Also Tsatas is probably the worst kick of a footy I have seen at AFL level.

Goldstein played a great game and is a Wiley old fox, knows all the tricks and without him * would have been belted, TDK had a great game and by it being against Goldstein makes it pretty special, Goldy is still right up there i think.

Back