Autopsy 2024 Rd 19 Blues survive a Kangaroo scare

Who played well for the Blues in Round 19 vs the Roos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry Arriw, I’m going to take exception to this. 47 and 3 is an unbelievable game no matter what level you are at.

Binns continues to play exceptionally well at the next level down and yet not getting a go in the seniors.

He was a sub in his only game ffs, how does anyone know, especially yourself, how his game will translate with decent game time in the firsts.

He needs to be thrown a bone soon

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Sure... But not as a defender/half back, which is the context of those comments

Sorry Arriw, I’m going to take exception to this. 47 and 3 is an unbelievable game no matter what level you are at.

Binns continues to play exceptionally well at the next level down and yet not getting a go in the seniors.

He was a sub in his only game ffs, how does anyone know, especially yourself, how his game will translate with decent game time in the firsts.

I think if you think Ollie is too small and gets brushed off the ball too easily, you can apply that to Binns and multiply that by another 2 or 3.

Kemp has got to feel hard done by after being looked over for Marchbank.

But now to have Durdin ahead of him is just salt into the wound.

Kemp is at least able to hold a mark. Straight back in please. Our best defence has a healthy weiters gov and kemp.
MC/coaches Whipping boy it seems - ****ing joke he was omitted

E. Hollands needs to find form too. Perhaps drank too much of his own bath water?
Dylan Buckley mentioned on his ‘Footy and Friends’ podcast that he had talked to Sam Docherty, who mentioned that Elijah is playing the role Kane Lambert played at Richmond to free Dusty up, but with Cripps. Make of that what you will

Kemp has got to feel hard done by after being looked over for Marchbank.

But now to have Durdin ahead of him is just salt into the wound.

Kemp is at least able to hold a mark. Straight back in please. Our best defence has a healthy weiters gov and kemp.

I think they just wanted to give Durdin a look before casting aside.

Happy to see Big Durdin get a win but he wasn’t convincing. I’d give him another game to see if he can build but we need one of Kemp or McGovern in as a third tall.

North kicked accurately and we were hampered by 5-6 players going off at various points (Walsh, McKay, TDK, Saad, Kennedy and Durdin… did I miss any?)

I don’t want to see half-back Kennedy or Cerra ever again, play Cerra on the wing if Acres doesn’t get up for Friday’s match.
Agreed on Cerra. He makes me sweat in the backline. Do not trust him not to turn it over in front of goal. Get him our of the Defensive 50.

So Binns is going to play at half back? Cerra played half back to cover for Boyd. I sincerely hope that they don't play Binns in his first full senior game in a position that he has never played.

Acres was sore, came off a few times and then eventually subbed. Binns should come in on his wing, don’t see Sherrif getting up on a 5 day break

Happy to see Big Durdin get a win but he wasn’t convincing. I’d give him another game to see if he can build but we need one of Kemp or McGovern in as a third tall.

North kicked accurately and we were hampered by 5-6 players going off at various points (Walsh, McKay, TDK, Saad, Kennedy and Durdin… did I miss any?)

I don’t want to see half-back Kennedy or Cerra ever again, play Cerra on the wing if Acres doesn’t get up for Friday’s match.
Agree re Kennedy and Cerra but Cerra played wing 2 years ago and was terrible. Was killed and exposed against Tigers.

Classic case of take the 4 pts and run.

Watching the first qtr I sort of felt this might wind up being the result - young team will come out firing while the top 2 team putting in the graveyard shift on a Sunday arvo might come out slightly sluggish.

Whatever happened at half time worked, we definitely came out better.

Just a watch on this team for another couple of weeks - the past 3 weeks for large parts of the games the midfield battle has gone back to Cripps or bust. We can't carry on that way, hopefully it's just a dip in form. What I do know is we can not go into finals with Cerra & Kennedy in the starting back 6, that experiment needs to be nipped it bud quick smart.
Actually Kennedy was quite good there in the second half apart from that ridiculous free paid against him. Obviously it's not our first option or best but better than our original setup tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a theory with the infringing on Harry and Charlie. Maybe a tin foil hat thing but here goes. Teams go hard on the holding blocking etc Charlie and H thinking there’s a likelihood that umpires will maybe pay 1or 2. But I think many coach that umpires wouldn’t dare pay all of them.
Cost v benefit

North have been a much better and more dangerous team in the second half of the year, so not surprised to see them performing better than their ladder position.

Clearly there is a host of issues and balance problems with the side at the moment. Hope we can work it out soon, as September creeps closer

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

That was absolutely putrid. We have no business sitting second in our current form. Without a few lucky free kicks we might have lost to the second bottom team.

What has happened to Walsh? Cerra is an absolute liability as well. That was as good as another loss. We play like that the next few weeks we will lose comfortably.
Um but it was a win so also happy with win no matter how it’s done sometimes just gotta win ugly
Go baggers be happy mate😄

Last few weeks averaged mid 20s, played against a putrid Pies side and despite playing well, was afforded space he won't get at AFL level

Won't come in this week unless Acres struggles to get up

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 19 Blues survive a Kangaroo scare

Back