Autopsy 2024 Rd 19 Blues survive a Kangaroo scare

Who played well for the Blues in Round 19 vs the Roos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

They kicked 7.1 from set shots outside 45 metres

lol, I thought they kicked out of their sphincters today and shocked to see so many comments regarding only easy shots.

You’ve nailed them all to the goal posts with that post

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This season is crazy.

We've been playing poorly but I ask you to put it into perspective.

We've remained in second throughout this form slump.

Meanwhile, Collingwood has gone from third to thirteenth. Brisbane have gone from thirteenth to third. Simultaneously, Hawthorn have won all but one game and have moved from twelfth to eleventh.

Mate can you go and sook somewhere please. No business sitting 2nd? No idea.
The team we beat today knocked off sydney recently. Plus we don't play at our best at marvel. So be happy with the win and realise we are five to six weeks out from finals and in a great place!
North beat Sydney 🤔

Well I actually enjoyed the win, so I must be in the minority. Others seem more intent on an irrelevant discussion about the match committee when we honestly have no idea about the metrics they use or the feedback they give. And truthfully, selection is much less of a factor than people here make it out to be. It's not Pokemon.

We won, we are second, we are tracking to have our best ladder finish in 25 years and still so much whining and misery on this board.

I feel bad for those who refuse to allow themselves to enjoy the good times, especially after all these years of suffering.

We are playing finals this year, definitely a top 4 team and most likely top 2, not sure what there is to be unhappy about.
A lot of supporters (certainly to mid-30s) only know pain and misery in the time of following the blues.

It’s a habit. The pessimist’s hat is always on first.

There’s not much to talk about.

If Cerra holds his spot meanwhile Binns had 47 & 3 goals in the ressies say goodbye to selection integrity.

Binns has consistently posted huge numbers in the VFL.

The quality of the VFL is suspect. A bit like the QAFL/NEAFL when QLD/NSW club players would put up those numbers, get selected to the senior team and then contribute SFA and people would constantly make a big deal about them being dropped again.

We won, we are second, we are tracking to have our best ladder finish in 25 years and still so much whining and misery on this board.

I feel bad for those who refuse to allow themselves to enjoy the good times, especially after all these years of suffering.

We are playing finals this year, definitely a top 4 team and most likely top 2, not sure what there is to be unhappy about.
exactly - the journey > the destination.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Owies not the most talented, but rarely wastes his opportunities kicking for goal.

Credit to Matt. He has improved his kicking immeasurably over the last year. Trust him from 40-45m out consistently. Just last year those were the shots that were genuinely pushing his range.

Carlton are the Steven Bradburys of the AFL.
Others are losing around us which is the only reason we are still 2nd.
No way we are playing like a Top 4 side. We were very lucky to win against 17th
Compared with the Brisbane v Sydney game ... we wouldn't come near them the last 3 weeks.
Carlton are badly out of form and need to turn it around.
It's hard to see us holding 2nd ... so we need to prepare to travel to the SCG, GABBA, OO, AO if we end up 3rd or 4th.

Apologies for the rant. I'm not happy with the way Carlton are playing.
I'm expecting much better if we are going anywhere in this season's finals.
Way too many players are out of form
Stephen Bradbury had to work bloody hard for years and years to be in a position to capitalise. A Bradbury comparison is a hell of a compliment.

On SM-F946B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agreed! It's a terrible thing look!

Yup we struggled to put away a team that’s won 2 games only and sits second last.

• Beat Gold Coast by 4
  • Lost to the Dogs by 3 (Dogs would go onto beat us and Geelong convincingly)
  • lost to Melbourne by 3 (Melbourne were starting to look good until today)
  • Lost to Collingwood by 1 (50 point lead)
  • Beat West Coast in WA

It's been two months since they were smashed aside from the Swans game in Sydney - asking a young side to perform interstate against a top side is always a tough ask.

They're not the team that started the season.

Those anticipating an easy win were always bound to be disappointed. This was always shaping to be a "take the 4 points and run" result IF we got it done.

A lot of supporters (certainly to mid-30s) only know pain and misery in the time of following the blues.

It’s a habit. The pessimist’s hat is always on first.
I understand that and I have nothing but admiration for those who have stuck with the club without ever having experienced success.

It's now time to trade that old hat in for a new, happy
, celebratory style!

I'm lucky enough to have experienced the good times before and I am excited to see where this current group will take us, enjoy the ride. I haven't felt this confident in the Club and the team representing it in close to 30 years.

Mediocrity is your friend, only when you become comfortable with it.
Finals are not won in July, however.

Mediocrity is your friend, only when you become comfortable with it.
Finals are not won in July, however.
These are qualifying games, nothing more, nothing less, Finals are a whole different kettle of fish, we are far from being a mediocre team. Mediocre teams don't occupy second place on the ladder after 19 rounds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 19 Blues survive a Kangaroo scare

Back