Autopsy 2024 Rd 22 Blues finals hopes sink like a stone

Who played well for the Blues in Round 22 vs the Hawks?

• 2. Lachie Cowan

Votes: 69 43.1%
  • 3. Jesse Motlop

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • 4. Ollie Hollands

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • 6. Zac Williams

• 7. Matthew Kennedy

Votes: 59 36.9%
  • 8. Lachie Fogarty

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 9. Patrick Cripps

Votes: 46 28.8%
  • 10. Harry McKay

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • 11. Mitch McGovern

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • 13. Blake Acres

Votes: 41 25.6%
  • 17. Brodie Kemp

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • 18. Sam Walsh

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • 20. Elijah Hollands

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • 21. Jack Martin (subbed out a quarter time with hamstring injury)

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • 23. Jacob Weitering

Votes: 30 18.8%
  • 24. Nic Newman

Votes: 23 14.4%
  • 27. Marc Pittonet

• 29. George Hewett

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • 30. Charlie Curnow

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • 37. Jordan Boyd

Votes: 34 21.3%
  • 39. Alex Cincotta (subbed on at quarter time with hamstring injury)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 42. Adam Saad

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • 44. Matt Owies

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Boyd didnā€™t get a touch. I know he was injured but damn..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeah, I know he was injured, but he was just like a witches hat today. Another who has struggled with injury all season and can't get his body right. I hope they go after this high performance fitness guru from the Crows, Burgess I think his name is. He has great credentials in the fitness area, but he might cost a bit.

I thought we were in trouble when Morrison walked that second goal in after Motlop couldnā€™t be ****ed manning him up 15 metres out from goal.

We might as well shut the season down now and get everyone who needs surgeries done.

A really wasted season unless it has the impact of the club making changes to the playing list and football department, and missing finals makes the players desperate for real success.

Last edited:
One thing that has become blatantly obvious through the latest implosion is that the midfield dominance of TDK has swept our midfield deficiencies under the carpet.
When TDK wins his own centre clearance the mids are free to set up defensively or run forward offensively, depending on the outcome of the clearance.
When we don't get a centre clearance the ball goes inside def 50 far too easily.
Even with a TDK tap to advantage its usually to Cripps who then puts Walsh, Cerra, etc out in space.
I have been a fan of Pittonet in the past. Last year it all worked ok but the latest TDK injury has shown up both our midfield and Pittonet.

You can see in the press conference of how pissed off Vossy is. I still have faith in him. Maybe some of his assistance need to go but there's no point recycling through head coaches again. Like it or not we need to trust him and Cook. At least next year we start with a fresh slate injury wise.

On the injury front, the soft tissue injuries aren't entirely Russell's fault. The players need to act and train and rehabmore professionally.

On a side note I'm sick of the light-hearted social media posts on what's your favourite pizza topping. Be brutal. Be honest. **** the rest.

I thought we were in trouble when Morrison walked that second goal in and Motlop after Motlop couldnā€™t be ****ed manning him up 15 metres out from goal.

We might as well shut the season down now and get everyone who needs surgeries done.

A really wasted season unless it has the impact of the club making changes to the playing list and football department, and missing finals makes the players desperate for real success.
List clean up will happen regardless of us missing finals or winning 17

I reckon the players will learn more from making the finals as opposed to missing out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 22 Blues finals hopes sink like a stone

Back