Autopsy 2024 Rd 22 Blues finals hopes sink like a stone

Who played well for the Blues in Round 22 vs the Hawks?

• 2. Lachie Cowan

Votes: 69 43.1%
  • 3. Jesse Motlop

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • 4. Ollie Hollands

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • 6. Zac Williams

• 7. Matthew Kennedy

Votes: 59 36.9%
  • 8. Lachie Fogarty

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 9. Patrick Cripps

Votes: 46 28.8%
  • 10. Harry McKay

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • 11. Mitch McGovern

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • 13. Blake Acres

Votes: 41 25.6%
  • 17. Brodie Kemp

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • 18. Sam Walsh

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • 20. Elijah Hollands

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • 21. Jack Martin (subbed out a quarter time with hamstring injury)

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • 23. Jacob Weitering

Votes: 30 18.8%
  • 24. Nic Newman

Votes: 23 14.4%
  • 27. Marc Pittonet

• 29. George Hewett

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • 30. Charlie Curnow

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • 37. Jordan Boyd

Votes: 34 21.3%
  • 39. Alex Cincotta (subbed on at quarter time with hamstring injury)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 42. Adam Saad

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • 44. Matt Owies

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The most gutless display of sh1tful football I have ever seen a Carlton side ever dish up.
They really showed what a soft bunch of downhill skiers they really are.
McGovern soft as butter.
Saad looking for easy kicks.
Walsh, a sh1tton of nothing possessions.
Williams, might as well have slept in.
Pittonet, trade bait.
Cincotta - did he even get a kick?

The list goes on....

Looks like I won’t be going next week now . I don’t think I could stand watching eagles belt us and having to leave the game early infront of the eagles crowd . How embarrassing would that be . Maybe next week they can send the aflw side over to play eagles . Least they would put in a gutsy effort.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

For all the issues that will rightly be discussed the Lack of Effort is really concerning
And why is that? Cripps and Doc posting in solidarity of Russell. Haven’t seen coach and players looking eye to eye for a while. We keep preaching unity but that feels far from the truth… let’s remember Cripps and Voss v Pies last season.

Season done with Hawks having Tigers & North last 2 games.

need Crows to beat Dogs to still have a chance.

Another game where speed was the issue and this one should have been seen a mile away.

Pretty sure Freo have to win both of their last if we win both ours. They’ve got GWS and Port so likely will drop one. Not that it matters.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

We need to take a long hard look at how Geelong manage their players. We've got nothing to gain by playing injured players next week.

I think we need to put Williams back to half back and bring in Binns, C.Durdin, Moir, & Mirkov. Pitto was an absolute disgrace today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to move off McGovern, Martin and maybe Saad and Cerra. Injury liabilities.

Our small forwards are worst in the league. Recruit in that area. Our midfield needs the aggression back. Our defense needs some help. Onwards and upwards.

Owies has trade value. Trade him.

Although, that will leave us with Durdin who hasn’t fired a shot in two years and Motts who seems to have hit his ceiling and rebounded off it.

Gah!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

My best friend is a Hawks fan. I’ll be hearing about this one all bloody week.

I’d love us to slide down the ladder. I know tanking gives you a fine and all but if we get a player in the draft who is capable of running faster than a 12 year old with cerebral palsy, we’ll be much better.

Campo boys coming in next year gives us the depth that I never thought we needed.

We continue to trundle around like yarn balls ready to be unraveled on the slightest touch. Every week, being knitted and sown by some old grannies.

At least the VFL team we’ll be playing with next week is somewhat capable to conjure up a win.

So this is what a St Kilda fan feels like.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Didn't cook publicly state that it would be a disaster if we missed finals earlier in the year? It's as bad as could possibly be. At least now we can blood some kids
Plenty of backflips will come on that comment.

Just like 2022, when Sayers said at end of 2021....

Teague sacked for not making finals.
KPI for Voss Finals

Total false narrative...

Theyll blame injuries, and rinse repeat

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

Enough is being said about the players and performance.

So I want to put a bit of acid on the crowd, at least early on. I only heard most of the game on the radio but even when we were right in the game in the first quarter every time Hawthorn were in possession and going forward the crowd was roaring with every touch and clapping. When we did... Almost crickets. This, with supposedly a Blues majority crowd.

I think a lot of supporters are almost hesitant and nervous like the players are. Granted many of us are quite scarred over the past few decades.

And why is that? Cripps and Doc posting in solidarity of Russell. Haven’t seen coach and players looking eye to eye for a while. We keep preaching unity but that feels far from the truth… let’s remember Cripps and Voss v Pies last season.

I doubt there is an issue like you are alluding to but IF there is and it’s been contributing to recent performances then the players need to grow the **** up.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 22 Blues finals hopes sink like a stone

Back