Autopsy 2024 Rd 22 Blues finals hopes sink like a stone

Who played well for the Blues in Round 22 vs the Hawks?

• 2. Lachie Cowan

Votes: 69 43.1%
  • 3. Jesse Motlop

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • 4. Ollie Hollands

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • 6. Zac Williams

• 7. Matthew Kennedy

Votes: 59 36.9%
  • 8. Lachie Fogarty

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 9. Patrick Cripps

Votes: 46 28.8%
  • 10. Harry McKay

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • 11. Mitch McGovern

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • 13. Blake Acres

Votes: 41 25.6%
  • 17. Brodie Kemp

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • 18. Sam Walsh

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • 20. Elijah Hollands

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • 21. Jack Martin (subbed out a quarter time with hamstring injury)

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • 23. Jacob Weitering

Votes: 30 18.8%
  • 24. Nic Newman

Votes: 23 14.4%
  • 27. Marc Pittonet

• 29. George Hewett

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • 30. Charlie Curnow

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • 37. Jordan Boyd

Votes: 34 21.3%
  • 39. Alex Cincotta (subbed on at quarter time with hamstring injury)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 42. Adam Saad

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • 44. Matt Owies

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

When was the last time we had a young kid...drafted and developed by the club, come into the side and add something?

Hawthorn have a bunch...we have none.
Its waht I said yesterday - its like we dont have a vfl side.

Other clubs bring in no name players and they bloody perform well.

I couldn't tell you half the hawks players names. We've been rebuilding for last 8 or so years and still got belted by a team of young no names.

Not even angry on this one.

Sad. Disappointed. Disillusioned.

There are days where I rue the fact that I ever became a Blues supporter. Today's one of them.

The part that truly concerns me is that I don't even know where the improvement could possibly come from next year. There's such minimal depth and competition for a spot.

Put the injured on ice. Play some kids. Just write the year off and try get as low a draft pick as possible.

What broke at Q time of that GWS game? Can it really be that team selection bringing in underdone Cerra and Cottrell and dropping Hewett would have this much of an impact? There was a positive switch last year after Q1 against Gold Coast and a negative switch after Q1 GWS. Just cannot make any sense of this
Our form are that point of the GWS game was the best in the league.

It's unfathomable how it can just turn off like a tap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't blame them for the result obviously, you expect the players to perform even in an empty stadium.

But its something I noticed early in the game and pissed me off. Just another aspect on the day I thought we "lost", among many.
25 years of shit mate... 25 years.

Football clubs and some fans think support should be automatic. After 25 years. ****ing go out and earn it back Carlton.

I've been in many clubs that have been successful and gone sour. As soon as you have players starting to think 'why the **** is he playing' or 'shouldnt he have to go through the twos?' you're cooked. Its a layer of doubt that festers. Feels pretty likely. Looks pretty likely with that 'effort' today and the last 7 weeks.
👏👏👏👏

I just cant put my finger on what happened after the first quarter of the GWS loss, it’s like all the single players were caught having an orgy with all the taken players partners at quarter time!

We went from premiership winning football to bottom 4 football in the blink of an eye and have played one good quarter a game since.

Honestly the only teams I’d feel comfortable in beating at the moment is * and Bitchmond

Someone should ask Voss.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

2022 we lose the last 6 to miss the finals after being in the 8 the entire season.

2023 we win 4 of the first 13 games

2024, we lose 5 out of the last 6 to sit out of the 8, after being a game and a half clear two thirds through the year.

This is a recurring trend, the coach has some explaining to do

Your injury toll was absolutely dire today, about as bad as it gets. Definitely helped our cause…
Yes but the injuries would always happen.

We expose the list to an overdone pre season causing endless soft tissues.

We had a gameplan that was simply over run.

We have a list with too many devopment spots and injury prone guys

Completely irresponsie model

This will finally be the circuit breaker to address some serious issues with our list that SOS left us with.

We need to remove Martin, Marchbank and Cuningham. We need to consider what role Williams can play.

We need to find a small forward who doesn’t go missing/only applies pressure.

We need speed in the middle - so big calls on midfielders.

Yes injury management needs to be looked at, but if we continue to pick up or persist with injury plaqued players the curse will continue.
This is all on Austin. He could have moved on the injury prone players, he could have drafted or traded in some speed, or a kpd, or a third tall.

Sos was working to a long term plan. We couldn't go the distance with it.
Acres, Cerra and Hollands have been good pick ups so do me nothing to balance the list is a bit harsh

Pace?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 22 Blues finals hopes sink like a stone

Back