Autopsy 2024 Rd 22 Blues finals hopes sink like a stone

Who played well for the Blues in Round 22 vs the Hawks?

• 2. Lachie Cowan

Votes: 69 43.1%
  • 3. Jesse Motlop

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • 4. Ollie Hollands

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • 6. Zac Williams

• 7. Matthew Kennedy

Votes: 59 36.9%
  • 8. Lachie Fogarty

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 9. Patrick Cripps

Votes: 46 28.8%
  • 10. Harry McKay

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • 11. Mitch McGovern

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • 13. Blake Acres

Votes: 41 25.6%
  • 17. Brodie Kemp

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • 18. Sam Walsh

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • 20. Elijah Hollands

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • 21. Jack Martin (subbed out a quarter time with hamstring injury)

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • 23. Jacob Weitering

Votes: 30 18.8%
  • 24. Nic Newman

Votes: 23 14.4%
  • 27. Marc Pittonet

• 29. George Hewett

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • 30. Charlie Curnow

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • 37. Jordan Boyd

Votes: 34 21.3%
  • 39. Alex Cincotta (subbed on at quarter time with hamstring injury)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 42. Adam Saad

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • 44. Matt Owies

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Injuries will be a convenient excuse for these boys but make no mistake. That was one of the most embarrassing, insipid performance's I've ever witnessed.

With everything on the line today and over the last few weeks, to go so meekly into the night ...... I don't like using the C word but we've been borderline cowardly.

Tell me I'm overreacting.... Maybe I just need a lie down

Pretty much what we hear every week.
All the Facebook posts, we're pumped for Crippa's 200th, we're pumped for the pies game, we're pumped for the guernsey game.
Until they bring in players that are desperate to show their' worth then nothing much will change.
What else would you want Cripps to say, just curious

Injuries will be a convenient excuse for these boys but make no mistake. That was one of the most embarrassing, insipid performance's I've ever witnessed.

With everything on the line today and over the last few weeks, to go so meekly into the night ...... I don't like using the C word but we've been borderline cowardly.

Tell me I'm overreacting.... Maybe I just need a lie down
No. It was really bad. No over reaction.

However Crows are doing us a favor
And we have a huge banquet prepared by Stig O'Hara to look forward to outside AO for the finals.
So chin up.šŸ˜‰

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bit of an over reaction. It wasnā€™t too long ago the hawks beat us by like 140 pts. On a Friday night if I remember correctly.

Our seasons been over for a while, just the horse needed a few more floggings.

We ainā€™t beating anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's not the impression I got. Voss pretty much wrote off the second half based on the injuries, and the first half he just said we got caught playing Hawthorns way.

That's very soft. That display today isn't an acceptable performance for a team who's "supposed" to be a Top 4 team.

You can be firm in how unacceptable the performance is without slamming the players. Unfortunately he reminds me of a politician, all nice empty words that go round and round in circles but never actually address anything.

I'm not a big fan of Mitchell but at least he expresses himself well when his team isnt performing. Which says something considering his team is exceeding expectations this year.

You can see in the press conference of how pissed off Vossy is. I still have faith in him. Maybe some of his assistance need to go but there's no point recycling through head coaches again. Like it or not we need to trust him and Cook. At least next year we start with a fresh slate injury wise.

On the injury front, the soft tissue injuries aren't entirely Russell's fault. The players need to act and train and rehabmore professionally.

On a side note I'm sick of the light-hearted social media posts on what's your favourite pizza topping. Be brutal. Be honest. **** the rest.
I believe there are two main issues. The first lies with the total football department. We don't see evidence of considered planning and creativity. The old line re insanity is doing the same old thing and expecting a different result certainly applies. The players seem lost and lack confidence in themselves and their team mates. Secondly, are the individual players taking responsibility? Accidents happen but are our players taking personal responsibility for their performance and rehab? Such a disappointing way to end the season.

Not going to write the season off yet. Two more games to go, win both, we make it. And as it's been shown many times, form can turn on its head. Port were dumpster fires a few weeks ago, now they're in the top 4. Bulldogs one of the form teams in the comp, now they're getting thrashed.

Yes we copped some injuries but maybe some fresh legs will galvanize us again? Some of those players were cooked/needed a break... perhaps a fresh Charlie with TDK added in will make a world of difference for finals? Who knows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 22 Blues finals hopes sink like a stone

Back