VFL 2024 - Reserves Game Day discussion Rnds 2 - 21 (Merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

I do like the fact that, as a draft watcher, you are consistent in your views Walshy!

I must admit, Lindsay is my pick from the videos you have posted. But I realise they only show glimpses of a player.
I do like Lindsay and I actually think he's the better talent of the three... But I just don't know where he'd play for us. Bit of a Mitch Duncan type - exquisite use by foot, runs hard, can play on ball/half back/wing.

I'd certainly be happy to see him called out by our team on draft night, just think the other two fit our list better.

Moir looks like an entirely different player to 4-5 weeks ago. Just has so much more power in his body.

As a long time doubter of his its great to see him look to be coming good from a couple of rotten years with injury/fitness.

Starting to see things we hadn’t before. Need him to play rest of year and have a full pre season

Moir isn’t far off it now. Really good signs for next year after he gets another pre season under his belt. If we do trade Martin, he’s the obvious replacement.*

Lord is a tackle machine. Loves the hard stuff. Will be interesting to see him side by side with Ben Campo next year.

Travaglia looks very clean… but do we need another midsize half back?

* Unless we decide to play him on the wing.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would love to know where Lord would have ended up in the draft if we hadn't have picked him up early. Hell of a player at this level, tough as nails.
Hasn't put a foot wrong since he arrived, consistently good.

I did notice that on a few occasions, he got a little lost at centre bounces, but that's all part of the learning curve for a 19yo...and he's got some pretty decent mentors in Crippa, George, Kennedy and Cez....

All of a sudden I’m seeing AFl wingman for Moir. He’s way fitter than he was earlier in the season. Much stronger. Seems more confident in himself.

Look out Hollands.
For all the critics of Jack Russell, theres no doubt E.Hollands and Moir have come a loonggggg way this season in terms of their bodies. Elijah looks so much stronger in the contest and less gangly. Moir has found some serious explosiveness again.

Totally understand why he was let go, but he's had some success stories on the list. Charlie being the biggest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For all the critics of Jack Russell, theres no doubt E.Hollands and Moir have come a loonggggg way this season in terms of their bodies. Elijah looks so much stronger in the contest and less gangly. Moir has found some serious explosiveness again.

Totally understand why he was let go, but he's had some success stories on the list. Charlie being the biggest.

100%

Need to remember with Moir he didn't do a real pre season. Russell managed him through it with most work being in rehab. This year was always about getting through and building

I think now we are just starting to see the benefits

Durdin much better when he's up the ground. Midfielder being used as a small fwd
High half-forward is his go for the time being, but looks like he's still easing back in. They need to be smarter about when they use him on-ball though, because I've seen him get physically smashed at both levels.
binns tries a lot of difficult in board kicks. Why i think he needs to be a forward. a turonver is killer in the kiddle of ground or defence compared to a kick inside forward 50
Never really understood that argument, as it seriously hurts your ability to convert entries into scores.
All of a sudden I’m seeing AFl wingman for Moir. He’s way fitter than he was earlier in the season. Much stronger. Seems more confident in himself.

Look out Hollands.
Not seeing the anaerobic endurance necessary, but am liking his progress as a footballer. Forward still his go, but potential to split that with on-ball minutes.
Moir has found some serious explosiveness again.
I did point out we'd find out in August where he was at, glad that - at bare minimum - the staff started to manage him properly 6ish weeks back.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2024 - Reserves Game Day discussion Rnds 2 - 21 (Merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back