Preview 2024 Round 14 Adelaide v Sydney - Adelaide Oval

Would you participate in a poll if we added one?

• No

Votes: 26 45.6%
  • yes

Votes: 31 54.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I'm hoping I am putting myself in a life-risking position by waving their fans goodbye at 3QT. Somehow, I don't think this will be the case.
Only when we are up by 40+ late like against the Pies in round 2, but they are probably apathetic considering the season they are having so far.

Honestly, I'm hoping I am putting myself in a life-risking position by waving their fans goodbye at 3QT. Somehow, I don't think this will be the case.
Adelaide have been ok-ish, but I don't think we'll lose.

I think people who see the Hawks result as a disaster for them might be overlooking the Hawks have genuinely been good value for money over the last month or so. If it weren't for that brain fart late against Port they could be sitting on a 5 game winning run.

I don't think we'll flog them, but we shouldn't be too troubled.

Another huge challenge for us especially with the amount of flack the Crows will get in the media this week. Expect a reponse.

Bloody Rankine back is annoying because he always troubles us.

i expect manic pressure from them as it is their only route to match up with us.

Let’s hope we start a lot better this time out.

Swans to win after the siren with a ball that grazes the post but is given as a goal... you heard it here first.

I actually think this is a big challenge - potentially as much 'up top' as it is in terms of the form lines of the two teams. If the crows are going to show any whimper of hope this season, it has to be this week - all but do and die for their season really. They'll be fired up after last year and wanting revenge. And we've struggled against teams towards the bottom of the (current) ladder this year.

A really good test of the mentality of our playing group - to be up for the challenge, a loud crowd (at least for a while), and an opposition keen on some revenge for the error last year (even though it was not of our doing). As Jeffers said, I expect a shedload of pressure from them - could be a case of seeing out the fire, and as we've done to plenty already this year, grinding teams out of the contest and then kicking away.

Definite danger game - but every game is in my book, as we are definitely a case of the 'hunted' at the moment. Huge game for our season though - while a loss is far from terminal, a win puts a good foot in the door already for a top 2 finish.

A good start is critical on Saturday night - if the Crows can't jump us early, then it should be a very comfortable night (on exposed form anyway). But if we let them get away, a hostile atmosphere and a team playing almost for their season could make it a very big challenge.

Great preview The King! Fox Footy pundits were seen shaking at your analysis.

It's getting a bit repetitive because we're so far ahead of everyone that the story is just the same every week.

Turn up to play and we will win.

If /When we do drop one, people just need to remember the sky isn't falling as well.

why do i get alerts for every preview / autopsy thread you guys start?

been happening for about the last 5 weeks
Read this and your problems will be solved...well not ALL your problems, you still need to kick a winning score.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read this and your problems will be solved...well not ALL your problems, you still need to kick a winning score.

Ticky goes BANGGG!!

Crows under the pump. Could be the week they throw it all ok the line and make it really difficult for us. Would love for us to end their season 2 seasons in row.
Our season is already over, please just make it official so we can get some heat applied on our footy department and they can stop giving us the 'mathematical chance' line!

Still a week or two away I believe
Nah, he's playing, was only a low grade hammy and has been 28 days by the time of this game.

Roo, Nicks and co are desperate for a win here to keep their careers alive one week longer, talk is that Tex, Rankine, Nick Murray (2 games back in the SANFL and BOG), Pedlar and Cook are all likely to come in. ROB probably will too by default, even though he was average in the SANFL.

thanks for that

as for banter, our season is shot, so i really don't care about any of the zingers you guys want to throw this way

There aren't that many, Crows are a pretty decent club . Wasted their recent peaks this century , 2005-2009 , 2012-13 2016-2018 etc

Great venue, rabid fan base.

Our season is already over, please just make it official so we can get some heat applied on our footy department and they can stop giving us the 'mathematical chance' line!
You lot need to get rid of Rucciuto and just clean it out.

Nah, he's playing, was only a low grade hammy and has been 28 days by the time of this game.

Roo, Nicks and co are desperate for a win here to keep their careers alive one week longer, talk is that Tex, Rankine, Nick Murray (2 games back in the SANFL and BOG), Pedlar and Cook are all likely to come in. ROB probably will too by default, even though he was average in the SANFL.
Why would you risk Rankine before your Bye next week?

You lot need to get rid of Rucciuto and just clean it out.
Thankfully his term is done next year and he can’t reapply for his position due to new board rules. Unfortunately, he isn’t going anywhere before then. If he didn’t leave after the camp review, he ain’t leaving now.
Why would you risk Rankine before your Bye next week?
It has been 28 days, so technically they have been cautious already and Thursday game killed his chances last week. However, the club is desperate to win and they’ll bring these guys back to try get a win and take heat off them during the bye. If we lose, the pressure will get relentless from our supporter base and media.

Question i have for this week is who does JJ go to?

Realistic options seem to be: Dawson, Rankine or Soligo

Obvious choice is Dawson but i wonder if they tag Rankine or Soligo because they are smaller more nimble bodies that seem to be a more favourable matchup to take down, and also Rowbottom has been doing really well on the taller mids; Bont and Cripps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back