Preview 2024 Round 16 Sydney v Fremantle (SCG) 1.45pm (AEST) Sat 29 June

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’m against Campbell being made the sub.

For all the interest in seeing Cleary -
getting Campbell firing is the biggest short-term prize available.

And it won’t happen if he goes straight back into the sub merry-go-round.
I'd prefer he go the VFL merry-go-round. I think that's his best chance at getting four quarters of footy in the same role every week, which is his best chance at becoming a quality player. Not sure anything else is working at this stage.

Would've preferred Fox be sub and Campbell dropped to the VFL.

I'd prefer he go the VFL merry-go-round. I think that's his best chance at getting four quarters of footy in the same role every week, which is his best chance at becoming a quality player. Not sure anything else is working at this stage.
Alas, nobody ever seems to play a consistent role in the VFL. All the chopping and changing is actually a bit bizarre at times.

I feel that Campbell just needs a run of games in the seniors, in a role …. the self confidence will come & and it’ll all click.

That’s what confidence does.

Chad 2023 was down on confidence and it showed. Chad 2024 is full of self belief. Same player, different mindset.

Alas, nobody ever seems to play a consistent role in the VFL. All the chopping and changing is actually a bit bizarre at times.

I feel that Campbell just needs a run of games in the seniors, in a role …. the self confidence will come & and it’ll all click.

That’s what confidence does.

Chad 2023 was down on confidence and it showed. Chad 2024 is full of self belief. Same player, different mindset.
The counter-argument though is that if it doesn't click for Campbell, say, this week, and he's dropped for either Fox or Roberts next week, then he ends up in the VFL anyway and all we've achieved is robbing ourselves of the chance to get a proper look at Cleary.

Well no Fox was enough for me to microwave my membership.😡😡😡

Although I probably didn't think it through quite as well as I might have. :sadv1:

View attachment 2031916

An NRL played did this to charge his phone...

Gut feel is we start well, maybe a 30-10 type quarter and then it’s even until late in the third and early fourth.

I guess sort of our blueprint and we end up with a 6-7 goal win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe that Cleary is being given a taste while Fox, Campbell and Roberts are getting full games.
Soon Cleary will be back in VFL, Fox and Roberts will be vying for the role in defence and Campbell and the loser will be vying for the sub.
Or Mills trumps both.

i agree with this and i'm sure the coaches are looking ahead to finals and which of those players they'll want going into finals
at the start of the season i thought roberts was being given his "taste", but he's since emerged as deserving of a place in the best 23, but we have mills (a certainty) and parker the most likely to come into the side, and i suspect fox is likely next in, due to versatility, and arguably ahead of parker for that reason
campbell can make his own case between now and finals, corey warner, cleary and mitchell have had that seniors experience but are unlikely to be in the mix... and then there's sheldrick, who is down the list mainly due to his injury issues
francis and hamling would be somewhere there too

Adam Papalia, Garry Lyon, Jack Riewoldt, Cameron Mooney

#nokellie

The counter-argument though is that if it doesn't click for Campbell, say, this week, and he's dropped for either Fox or Roberts next week, then he ends up in the VFL anyway and all we've achieved is robbing ourselves of the chance to get a proper look at Cleary.
The counter-to your-counter is that 1, 2 or even 3 games isn’t a proper look. It just satisfies our curiosity.

And dropping Campbell (after all his time as sub) means we won’t get a proper look at Campbell whilst also whacking his confidence.

The counter-to your-counter is that 1, 2 or even 3 games isn’t a proper look. It just satisfies our curiosity.

And dropping Campbell (after all his time as sub) means we won’t get a proper look at Campbell whilst also whacking his confidence.
My counter to your counter to my counter is... oh let's just call it a day.

Re this game, we should not be losing this.

IMG_0557.jpeg

i agree with this and i'm sure the coaches are looking ahead to finals and which of those players they'll want going into finals
at the start of the season i thought roberts was being given his "taste", but he's since emerged as deserving of a place in the best 23, but we have mills (a certainty) and parker the most likely to come into the side, and i suspect fox is likely next in, due to versatility, and arguably ahead of parker for that reason
campbell can make his own case between now and finals, corey warner, cleary and mitchell have had that seniors experience but are unlikely to be in the mix... and then there's sheldrick, who is down the list mainly due to his injury issues
francis and hamling would be somewhere there too
Exactly this. I can see Mills in defence ahead of all of them. Parker possibly as the sub, though all three of the others are more versatile. Hopefully form in the twos counts.

Would not have picked Freo not winning a game against the current top 8 but Port have won 3
I would've. I said it earlier in this thread but they just aren't good under pressure at all and their drop-off when the heat is applied to them is worse than most teams.

If we bring our best pressure or close to it there's no reason we shouldn't be winning this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back